Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13620
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Vermette Trade Proposals

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:37 pm

So people, in this, the inaugural Forum post; I'd like to hear all your ideas for trade proposals involving Vermette. Get together and broker a deal with other fans.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:46 pm; edited 3 times in total

Re: Vermette Trade Proposals

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:05 pm

I'm the Admin so really I'm replying to myself. I suggest Vermette, Neil, 2nd round draft pick and a prospect for Jay Bouwmeester. Lets discuss this people.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54585

Post by PTFlea on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:13 pm

If Martin would go for a Meszaros, prospect, Neil, 1st rounder for Bouwmeester, I would dance the jig, but I think his sights would be set on Meszaros, Vermette, Neil for Bow - and that's getting silly.
    jamvan
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1630

Post by jamvan on Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:39 am

Although this is fun to think about proposals, I know Vermette is going nowhere and probably not for a long time. I found out the reasoning he settled for less money. Murray explained to him he needed some cap room to add another piece to the puzzle, but an extension will be given most probably in the second year of the contract.

I wouldn't expect a trade until the deadline at which time I can see Murray going after JayBo, but the cost will not be a full time roster player.

Here's my deadline deal for JayBo.

JayBo

for

Nikulin, Glass and a 3rd rounder
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:24 am

jamvan wrote:Although this is fun to think about proposals, I know Vermette is going nowhere and probably not for a long time. I found out the reasoning he settled for less money. Murray explained to him he needed some cap room to add another piece to the puzzle, but an extension will be given most probably in the second year of the contract.

I wouldn't expect a trade until the deadline at which time I can see Murray going after JayBo, but the cost will not be a full time roster player.

JayBo

for

That sounds a little light. Wouldn't you think he'd get a similiar package to what Hossa got a last year's deadline?

I'm thinking it'll be Neil, Nikulin, Glass, 2nd rounder for Bouwmeester and Dvorak.

Also, If you guys think this is good enough to start telling people about then lets let people know we're here.

You can download your Avatar's as well in your profile's. I want people to recognise us right away.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54585

Post by PTFlea on Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:46 pm

jamvan wrote:Although this is fun to think about proposals, I know Vermette is going nowhere and probably not for a long time. I found out the reasoning he settled for less money. Murray explained to him he needed some cap room to add another piece to the puzzle, but an extension will be given most probably in the second year of the contract.

JayBo

for

Throw a stone and you'd hit a team that would make a much better offer to get Bow.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:56 am

504Heater wrote:

JayBo

for

Throw a stone and you'd hit a team that would make a much better offer to get Bow.

What do you think it would take from Ottawa to land Bow?
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 11867
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by Riprock on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:17 pm

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:What do you think it would take from Ottawa to land Bow?

A miracle? A new GM in Florida?

I do not see Vermette being traded, not at least until his contract expires or near that time. Murray pulled off a great signing with him and there's no reason to trade him.
    Jordo
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 675

Post by Jordo on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:53 pm

DashRiprock wrote:

I do not see Vermette being traded, not at least until his contract expires or near that time. Murray pulled off a great signing with him and there's no reason to trade him.

Agreed. His contract makes him almost untradeable. But as we've discussed before, everybody that was originally in the hunt for Vermette is now HUGE into the hunt.

I think the team needs to look at the big picture and decide how badly they want that #1 puck moving defenseman. Here's two deals that I'd have to seriously consider, and would make me think about trading Verm.

To Florida:
    Vermette
    Neil
    2nd

To Ott
    Bouwmeester

I think that given Vermette's contract, this is a good deal for Florida- and one that I don't believe many teams can do much better than (once again considering salary). I really don't want to get rid of Neil, but I think these are the two guys that Martin would be demanding. 2nd pick sweetens the pot.

To Nashville:
    Vermette
    McAmmond

To Ott
    Hamhuis
    Tootoo

Nashville trades their young and highly touted defenseman for the scoring touch they so desperately need up front, and on an incredibly attractive salary term to boot. They trade up a better, more durable agitator (one of many on Nash) for a speedy skilled defensive forward in McAmmond with similar characteristics.

Imagine a checking line of

Tootoo-Bass-Neil ?

Look the frank out!
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 3032

Post by Cronie on Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:59 am

Jordo wrote:
    DashRiprock wrote:

Agreed. His contract makes him almost untradeable. But as we've discussed before, everybody that was originally in the hunt for Vermette is now HUGE into the hunt.

I think the team needs to look at the big picture and decide how badly they want that #1 puck moving defenseman. Here's two deals that I'd have to seriously consider, and would make me think about trading Verm.

To Florida:
    Vermette
    Neil
    2nd

To Ott
    Bouwmeester

I think that given Vermette's contract, this is a good deal for Florida- and one that I don't believe many teams can do much better than (once again considering salary). I really don't want to get rid of Neil, but I think these are the two guys that Martin would be demanding. 2nd pick sweetens the pot.

To Nashville:
    Vermette
    McAmmond

To Ott
    Hamhuis
    Tootoo

Nashville trades their young and highly touted defenseman for the scoring touch they so desperately need up front, and on an incredibly attractive salary term to boot. They trade up a better, more durable agitator (one of many on Nash) for a speedy skilled defensive forward in McAmmond with similar characteristics.

Imagine a checking line of

Tootoo-Bass-Neil ?

Look the frank out!

Oh my god!! I love your line of Ruutu, Tootoo and Bass!! That would be freakin' AWESOME!!
    There'd be injuries and tempers flaring, that's for sure...

Honestly, I do not want to lose Vermette, but if it could snag us Hamhuis AND Tootoo, I say do it.

On a side note, I wonder how long it will take until the trolls start filtering in here?!
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:35 am

Cronenbergfan wrote:

On a side note, I wonder how long it will take until the trolls start filtering in here?!

Dude, don't jinx it. Trolls are a part of forum life I suppose but with the four of us as admin we should be able to handle initial Troll attacks right :lol!:
    Montague
    Prospect
    Prospect

Number of posts : 4

Post by Montague on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:10 pm

post #100 baby!

i don't want to see vermette moved - not even for a puck moving defenceman because i think we are in much more of a need for more up-front scoring. lets not forget that this was our real achilles heel last season (emery, paddock and redden aside).
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:36 pm

Montague wrote:post #100 baby!

i don't want to see vermette moved - not even for a puck moving defenceman because i think we are in much more of a need for more up-front scoring. lets not forget that this was our real achilles heel last season (emery, paddock and redden aside).

I think they are kind of related but, I agree we need to hang onto Vermette. I think the lack of puck movement from the D hurt our ability to generate offense so, we need both pretty badly. With Corvo and Redden gone I'm not sure Mesz and Lee can be counted on to carry the load but it certainly could happen.
    Jordo
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 675

Post by Jordo on Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:07 pm

Sweet avatar montague.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:49 pm

Jordo wrote:

Sweet avatar montague.

I prefer his older one from the Sopranos. Everyone changing their Avatars is confusing me Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:52 pm