The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 53994
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:51 am

Da lil Guy wrote:Gave it a start but didn't get in too far before I got distracted. Will try to pick it back up shortly!

TwoThumbsUp! Let me know what you think.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:07 am

TheAvatar wrote:Can I get the executive summary? I'm a huge fan of Genesis as well but I never connected with Lambs. I know all their other (especially the early ones) albums though ...

It's not easy to do an executive summary of it, it was hard enough to do it in under 20 pages to be honest.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47394
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:40 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:Can I get the executive summary? I'm a huge fan of Genesis as well but I never connected with Lambs. I know all their other (especially the early ones) albums though ...

It's not easy to do an executive summary of it, it was hard enough to do it in under 20 pages to be honest.

Who was it that said "If I only had more time, I would have written less." or something like that.

Off to google ... google fails to come up with a concrete answer. Blaise Pascal wrote:

Je nai fait celle-ci plus longue que parce que nai pas eu le loisir de la faire plus courte

Which translates to:

The present letter is a very long one, simply because I had no leisure to make it shorter.

However some cite that he was kinda-sorta quoting either Cicero or Cato. But I could have sworn the quote I was thinking of was not for a letter but a scientific or philosophical essay.

In any case, if I had more time to research it I probably would have just written the quote and the attribution, instead of all this.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:46 pm

That's how I would view an executive summary in this instance - like a brand new project where I'd have to get out my notes on the origins of the ideas and start branching it back to the beginning, deciding where I would cut things out and what people 'need' to know for the story to still float.

I stand by what I said though, this is a good piece - possibly my most creative piece. I strongly recommend taking the 20 minutes to read it. If you dig it, great, if not, no harm, no foul.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:32 pm

smokeweedeveryday
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24717
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:00 pm

PTFlea wrote:smokeweedeveryday

That explains your outrageous contract prediction for The Hoffer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 24, 2017 7:25 pm