Who will YOU Choose?

Poll

Which Player would you like to have on the Ottawa Senators?

[ 7 ]
    25% [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 4 ]
    14% [14%] 
    [ 2 ]
    7% [7%] 
    [ 2 ]
    7% [7%] 
    [ 2 ]
    7% [7%] 
    [ 11 ]
    39% [39%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 28

Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13620
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: Who will YOU Choose?

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:53 pm

Very good point PFK, I was looking longterm, which is why I went with Luongo.

Mosky
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 211
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

Post by Mosky on Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:59 pm

PKC wrote:I voted for Mats Sundin, because the only thing we need to give up for him is cap space. It would give us a 1-2 punch in the East that no one can match in Spezza/Heatley and Sundin/Alfredsson.

Yeah he was the exception to this, which is why i said if the person you choose is an FA (i.e. Mats Sundown) throw in what you would think you would have to trade to get him if he was still in a contract with Toronto.. so what do you think we would need to give?

Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:02 pm

You made you topic to much work Mosky :lol!:
    Mosky
    Rookie
    Rookie

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by Mosky on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:22 pm

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:You made you topic to much work Mosky :lol!:

Fine Sad on that note, i shall make my decision.

I voted for..... Mr. Oven-chicken

Great player. There's no debate on this one that he is an elite player of elite players. Skill is indescribably amazing, and who knows if he's even reached his full potential.. how long has he been in the league... 3 years? I don't think i really need to elaborate anymore on why anyone would want him on their team.

The tough part about this one is the contract. He is making around $9.5 mil for the next 13 odd years, so they would really need a butt load in return. So what would i be willing to give up? First obviously we need to pre heat the oven. They would need a all star first liner to fill the gap. Enter Jason Spezza. I would have to say he is my favorite player on Ottawa and has been for a while now, but to be honest a toss up between him and Ovenchicken on my team, i would go for the OV-man. But that still doesn't really cover it all. So then we need our meat. I would toss in either Kelly or Vermette or Neil. K or V is close cuz they are almost same style of play where as neil is completely different but still good in his own way. It would really be the needs of Washington that would decided between those three. and then i would throw in a lower end d man to spice it up a little. I don't know if i could part with Schubert just because of his versitility and overall size, and i don't want Lee gone either because i really consider him the future of our blue line. So that pretty much leaves me with Nycholat or Mezie. I would toss Mezie in i think, just because he is good, but how good to us? not signing a deal by now really doesn't show me too much dedication to the senators and i have always been strongly for wanting to be where you want to be. Getting drafted is one thing, cuz you just go where you go.. but even though no one else (that i know of) has offered him a sheet, i still thought Ottawa would have been his first choice anyway, and why not sign for a small amount under what you think you are worth to play for a dominant team, and try and make a run for that shiny silver cup thingy?

Based on that, of course picks can get tossed into the mix if need be. And that is my recipe for a nice, golden brown, Oven-chicken :drunken:

Now how the team would work? Amazingly. hah lines for me are as follows

Oven-Chicken-Fisher-Heatley
    Alfie-(Verm)-Foligno
    Donovan-(Kelly)-Zubov/Winchester
    Ruutu-Bass-(Neil)

Phillips-Voly
    Lee-Smith
    *Blank*-Schuby/Nycho

() = Depending on who the trade entailed.

The void would need to be filled obviously but theres always ways to fill in those gaps, and really even with the gaps that looks like a sick team to me to take into a playoff run.

But all of this would never happen. Ever. But its fun to pretend.

I didn't find it that hard Clutch! :lol!:
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:27 pm

Mosky wrote:
    Cap'n' Clutch wrote:You made you topic to much work Mosky :lol!:

Fine Sad on that note, i shall make my decision.

I voted for..... Mr. Oven-chicken

Great player. There's no debate on this one that he is an elite player of elite players. Skill is indescribably amazing, and who knows if he's even reached his full potential.. how long has he been in the league... 3 years? I don't think i really need to elaborate anymore on why anyone would want him on their team.

The tough part about this one is the contract. He is making around $9.5 mil for the next 13 odd years, so they would really need a butt load in return. So what would i be willing to give up? First obviously we need to pre heat the oven. They would need a all star first liner to fill the gap. Enter Jason Spezza. I would have to say he is my favorite player on Ottawa and has been for a while now, but to be honest a toss up between him and Ovenchicken on my team, i would go for the OV-man. But that still doesn't really cover it all. So then we need our meat. I would toss in either Kelly or Vermette or Neil. K or V is close cuz they are almost same style of play where as neil is completely different but still good in his own way. It would really be the needs of Washington that would decided between those three. and then i would throw in a lower end d man to spice it up a little. I don't know if i could part with Schubert just because of his versitility and overall size, and i don't want Lee gone either because i really consider him the future of our blue line. So that pretty much leaves me with Nycholat or Mezie. I would toss Mezie in i think, just because he is good, but how good to us? not signing a deal by now really doesn't show me too much dedication to the senators and i have always been strongly for wanting to be where you want to be. Getting drafted is one thing, cuz you just go where you go.. but even though no one else (that i know of) has offered him a sheet, i still thought Ottawa would have been his first choice anyway, and why not sign for a small amount under what you think you are worth to play for a dominant team, and try and make a run for that shiny silver cup thingy?

Based on that, of course picks can get tossed into the mix if need be. And that is my recipe for a nice, golden brown, Oven-chicken :drunken:

Now how the team would work? Amazingly. hah lines for me are as follows

Oven-Chicken-Fisher-Heatley
    Alfie-(Verm)-Foligno
    Donovan-(Kelly)-Zubov/Winchester
    Ruutu-Bass-(Neil)

Phillips-Voly
    Lee-Smith
    *Blank*-Schuby/Nycho

() = Depending on who the trade entailed.

The void would need to be filled obviously but theres always ways to fill in those gaps, and really even with the gaps that looks like a sick team to me to take into a playoff run.

But all of this would never happen. Ever. But its fun to pretend.

I didn't find it that hard Clutch! :lol!:

I just said it was too much work Razz It's relatively easy :D

- Unknown Author
    Mosky
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Mosky on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:28 pm

Yeah just alot of typing lol
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7429
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by rooneypoo on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:57 pm

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I'm on the Luongo train as well.

My offer would be Spezza, Elliot, Vermette and a first rounder.

*cough* That's a little bit too much, I think, especially if Elliott is going to be as good as projected. Take Vermette out and I could be sold, tho'.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:04 pm

It definitely is a steap price I will agree and hey I don't have a problem taking Vermette out of the equation either :D.

- Unknown Author
    Mosky
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Mosky on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:18 pm

Ya i would definitely do a Spezza, Elliot/Auld and firsty trade.. i don't know if the Auld trade would hold up though.. but even still its a pretty hefty trade but they would need something big to ditch Roberto.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:21 pm

I doubt they take Auld back so out of the two it's gotta be Elliot. If they'd do the deal without Elliot but with Vermette I'd like that deal more as well.

- Unknown Author
    Mosky
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Mosky on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:28 pm

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I doubt they take Auld back so out of the two it's gotta be Elliot. If they'd do the deal without Elliot but with Vermette I'd like that deal more as well.

Oh ya.. i keep forgetting that Auld used to be on Vancouver.. my bad lol
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54588

Post by PTFlea on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:37 pm

Mosky wrote:Ya i would definitely do a Spezza, Elliot/Auld and firsty trade.. i don't know if the Auld trade would hold up though.. but even still its a pretty hefty trade but they would need something big to ditch Roberto.

You would have to give them one of:

Volchenkov, Phillips, Lee or Karlsson. No two ways about it.

This is what would be involved in a Luongo trade:

-Spezza or Heatley
    -Volchenkov, Phillips, Lee or Karlsson.
    -Brian Elliot
    and probably a 1st round pick (conditional on Luongo signing a minimum 5 year extention).

And don't say it's too much, he's the best goalie in the world, especially when Brodeur retires. No trash going to Vancouver for this one, this would redefine both teams.
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7429
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by rooneypoo on Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:04 pm

[quote="504Heater"]
    Mosky wrote:

-Spezza or Heatley
    -Brian Elliot
    and probably a 1st round pick (conditional on Luongo signing a minimum 5 year extention).

And don't say it's too much, he's the best goalie in the world, especially when Brodeur retires. No trash going to Vancouver for this one, this would redefine both teams.

That's too much. Smile

If it were that high, I'd have to say no. I'd rather overpay (in terms of salary) for a really good UFA goalie on July 1 than have to liquidate half of the team's assets for perhaps the best goalie. We don't need a goalie to carry the team, just one who makes the expected saves when they're needed and doesn't let in deflating goals. Vokoun instead of Luongo would sit fine with me.
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5817
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by PKC on Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:57 pm

504Heater wrote:
    Mosky wrote:Ya i would definitely do a Spezza, Elliot/Auld and firsty trade.. i don't know if the Auld trade would hold up though.. but even still its a pretty hefty trade but they would need something big to ditch Roberto.

-Spezza or Heatley
    -Brian Elliot

Spezza for Luongo straight up is my offer. I don't know why the Diddle we'd be selling half our team down the drain for Luongo. Spezza is the future of this team and somewhat the now (although it helps having Alfie play with you). He's going to be a 40 goal scorer as soon as next year possibly, not to mention one of the top 5 centers in the league, although he could do with becoming a better all-around player. So, someone explain to me again why we are adding on even more (in this trade) to an individual who's clearly going to be a dramatic part of our team for the next decade plus?

Maybe I just don't care for Luongo as much as everyone else. But if I was GM of this team and Gillis said we'll start with Spezza and add on like you guys have, I'd tell him to have a nice fucking day and hang up.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:22 pm

PKC wrote:
    Spezza for Luongo straight up is my offer. I don't know why the Diddle we'd be selling half our team down the drain for Luongo. Spezza is the future of this team and somewhat the now (although it helps having Alfie play with you). He's going to be a 40 goal scorer as soon as next year possibly, not to mention one of the top 5 centers in the league, although he could do with becoming a better all-around player. So, someone explain to me again why we are adding on even more (in this trade) to an individual who's clearly going to be a dramatic part of our team for the next decade plus?

Maybe I just don't care for Luongo as much as everyone else. But if I was GM of this team and Gillis said we'll start with Spezza and add on like you guys have, I'd tell him to have a nice fucking day and hang up.

You wouldn't get that far, you'd be rebuffed before you said 'straight up'.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:31 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
    That's too much. Smile

If it were that high, I'd have to say no. I'd rather overpay (in terms of salary) for a really good UFA goalie on July 1 than have to liquidate half of the team's assets for perhaps the best goalie. We don't need a goalie to carry the team, just one who makes the expected saves when they're needed and doesn't let in deflating goals. Vokoun instead of Luongo would sit fine with me.

Let's make it more attractive to Sens fans and say that Spezza would be piece one, then one of Phillips or Volchenkov and a 1st.

We should get off the Luongo train, because there's no chance he would go for anything less than that.
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5817
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by PKC on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:59 pm

504Heater wrote:You wouldn't get that far, you'd be rebuffed before you said 'straight up'.

Great! If it's anything more than Spezza, then I don't want him anyways.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:28 pm

PKC wrote:
    504Heater wrote:You wouldn't get that far, you'd be rebuffed before you said 'straight up'.

Great! If it's anything more than Spezza, then I don't want him anyways.

Sad But dude....it's what we've always been missing. I want him so bad that sometimes I cry about it. What's Spezza and Volchenkov and a 1st when put head to head against the greatest goalie of our generation. So what if we lose 90+ points from the front, Fisher could step in there and give 'er a go. Or Vermette for that matter. There are forwards that can be bought, franchise goalies are once in a blue moon.

Which...is why we could never get him. Even if he tells the Canucks to frank off, they'll still keep him until July 1st of 2010 in the hopes that maybe he'll sign a long term deal with them.

He's a once in a long, long time kind of guy. Spezza is one of my favourites, but there's just no competition between the kind of guy he is and the kind of guy Luongo is.

Doesn't matter anyway, it ain't happening.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:33 pm