EK and FOPPA have started...

    Share
    avatar
    COLLAR UP
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 268
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-12

    EK and FOPPA have started...

    Post by COLLAR UP on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:03 pm

    As we all predicted after the Sundin saga finally concluded...EK and the HB faithfull have already started on the where's FOPPA rumours...lol...this is just too funny...

    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/RUMOUR-Mega-Deal-with-Preds-and-Flames-Foppa-Closer-Than-Thought/1/18508

    Get a life EK...

    what a gong-show...
    avatar
    asq2
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7179
    Favorite Team : Detroit
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: EK and FOPPA have started...

    Post by asq2 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:53 pm

    It's so predictable. I said as soon as the Sundin saga ended that he'd start the Forsberg rumours, and voila.

    It's best just to ignore it.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: EK and FOPPA have started...

    Post by Guest on Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:14 pm

    On the plus side, Foppa is apparently targeting late January as a return date, so it shouldn't carry on as long this time or as long as the Sundin shenanigans for that matter.

    I expect nothing less than two daily updates from Ek. It's hard to imagine Foppa making a difference anywhere though. Such a shame too, because when he's healthy there a few like him.
    avatar
    COLLAR UP
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 268
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-12

    Re: EK and FOPPA have started...

    Post by COLLAR UP on Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:17 am

    hemlock wrote:On the plus side, Foppa is apparently targeting late January as a return date, so it shouldn't carry on as long this time or as long as the Sundin shenanigans for that matter.

    I expect nothing less than two daily updates from Ek. It's hard to imagine Foppa making a difference anywhere though. Such a shame too, because when he's healthy there a few like him.

    According to TSN the other day...Foppa is hoping to play in the playoffs...no word of January...that is just more EK bull-poop...

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: EK and FOPPA have started...

    Post by Guest on Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:21 am

    COLLAR UP wrote:
    hemlock wrote:On the plus side, Foppa is apparently targeting late January as a return date, so it shouldn't carry on as long this time or as long as the Sundin shenanigans for that matter.

    I expect nothing less than two daily updates from Ek. It's hard to imagine Foppa making a difference anywhere though. Such a shame too, because when he's healthy there a few like him.

    According to TSN the other day...Foppa is hoping to play in the playoffs...no word of January...that is just more EK bull-poop...

    Perhaps it was HB that I read January. If that's the case, then yeah, it needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
    avatar
    COLLAR UP
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 268
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-12

    Re: EK and FOPPA have started...

    Post by COLLAR UP on Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:38 am

    it def. was HB...

    I am not even sure we can say grain of salt when it comes to EK anymore...a bag of manure seems more appropriate...lol
    avatar
    smash88
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1354
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-26

    Re: EK and FOPPA have started...

    Post by smash88 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:02 am

    COLLAR UP wrote:it def. was HB...

    I am not even sure we can say grain of salt when it comes to EK anymore...a bag of manure seems more appropriate...lol

    Yeah definitely, I just wonder how much longer it can go on... LOL
    avatar
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 3032
    Age : 37
    Location : East of Ottawa..
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: EK and FOPPA have started...

    Post by Cronie on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:19 am

    COLLAR UP wrote:it def. was HB...

    I am not even sure we can say grain of salt when it comes to EK anymore...a bag of manure seems more appropriate...lol

    LMAO!! So true sadly.
    Has he even replaced the Sens Blogger?

    Foppa from 3-4 years ago would have been AWESOME; but with his club foot, I don't think he's even WORTH a look.
    avatar
    COLLAR UP
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 268
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-12

    Re: EK and FOPPA have started...

    Post by COLLAR UP on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:24 am

    well...despite the foot...he is still a point per game guy!!

    let's play a little game called "would you rather..."

    would you rather Vermette...
    OR
    Foppa...

    would you rather Kelly...
    OR
    Foppa...

    Would you rather...you get the point...lol...
    avatar
    asq2
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7179
    Favorite Team : Detroit
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: EK and FOPPA have started...

    Post by asq2 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:38 am

    Obviously Forsberg. Even with a bad foot he's a great player and someone who not only would FINALLY take some pressure off Spezza but would also be someone who could act as a mentor to #19. Forsberg was not only one of the best play-makers of the past decade, but one of the best all-around players (that includes battling in the corners and hitting, which I think we agree Spezza needs to work on).

    Edit: Of course, there is no chance of him coming here, so it's hardly worth discussion.
    avatar
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 3032
    Age : 37
    Location : East of Ottawa..
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: EK and FOPPA have started...

    Post by Cronie on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:52 am

    COLLAR UP wrote:well...despite the foot...he is still a point per game guy!!

    let's play a little game called "would you rather..."

    would you rather Vermette...
    OR
    Foppa...

    would you rather Kelly...
    OR
    Foppa...

    Would you rather...you get the point...lol...

    I love that game!! one of my favorite radio duo's, Bob & Tom play this with hilarious results.

    Yeah, I see your point, but considering what happened to him last year when he signed with the Avs and then went down rather quickly, it's a big risk...
    avatar
    COLLAR UP
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 268
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-12

    Re: EK and FOPPA have started...

    Post by COLLAR UP on Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:19 pm

    it's moot anyway...as he is not coming to Ottawa...

    Sponsored content

    Re: EK and FOPPA have started...

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:48 am