You are not connected. Please login or register

Got NHL2K9 for the Wii

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31 Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii on Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:14 am

Acrobat


Veteran
Veteran
hemlock wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:We got the RB2 for Xmas and picked up GHWT on Boxing day for the extra guitar. RB2 is easier for us old f@arts. Fun for hours for a family of 4.

Yep, my boys and I have had a blast with it. The only thing stopping them from playing RB2 was Resistance 2 and the new Civilization games they got for Christmas.

They have Civ and R2 for the Wii? Or did you get these for the X-box/PS3?

PS3 yeah. We have Guitar Hero 3 for Wii, and RB2 and GHWT for PS3.

I am so thoroughly jealous - I had dumped the PS2 and was about to get the PS3, then the wife (=CFO/CEO/COO) nixed it temporarily. Something about all five of us (the two-year old included) spending the entire holidays in front of video screens of one sort or another, when we weren't at the rink. Seems she expected us to do stuff like...um....clean up a bit (not that I hadn't already promised to or anything.....way to stick my foot in it there!)

32 Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii on Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:19 am

Guest


Guest
Acrobat wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:We got the RB2 for Xmas and picked up GHWT on Boxing day for the extra guitar. RB2 is easier for us old f@arts. Fun for hours for a family of 4.

Yep, my boys and I have had a blast with it. The only thing stopping them from playing RB2 was Resistance 2 and the new Civilization games they got for Christmas.

They have Civ and R2 for the Wii? Or did you get these for the X-box/PS3?

PS3 yeah. We have Guitar Hero 3 for Wii, and RB2 and GHWT for PS3.

I am so thoroughly jealous - I had dumped the PS2 and was about to get the PS3, then the wife (=CFO/CEO/COO) nixed it temporarily. Something about all five of us (the two-year old included) spending the entire holidays in front of video screens of one sort or another, when we weren't at the rink. Seems she expected us to do stuff like...um....clean up a bit (not that I hadn't already promised to or anything.....way to stick my foot in it there!)

:lol!:

I begrudgingly got the PS3. Something really irks me about paying that much for a system. The Wii is so much more affordable and with the age difference for my kids, it's much better for the whole family. We still goof around on the Wii Sports bowling, which is the game that comes with it. Not many games that are packaged with the system have that much replay value. The PS3 is a nice machine and the blu-ray capability is also an excellent feature. But after adding on another controller, the HD cables, an accessory pack and a couple games, it was over $700. That isn't cheap. Don't even get me started though on those scumbags at Microsoft with their Dung-box360. Can someone explain to me what exactly this machine has over the original Dung-box other than improved processing etc? At least Sony added the blu-ray feature. The worst part about the Dung-box360 is the fact that Microsoft actually has the stones to charge people to play online. Neither Nintendo or Sony do that. The nerve of Microsoft never ceases to amaze me.

I've told my kids that if they want a Dung-box360, they'll have to buy it themselves. I refuse to give Microsoft any money for an overpriced system, which has precious few good exclusive titles. Most of the really great games are available on PS3, Wii, or both.

33 Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii on Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:20 pm

Acrobat


Veteran
Veteran
hemlock wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

I am so thoroughly jealous - I had dumped the PS2 and was about to get the PS3, then the wife (=CFO/CEO/COO) nixed it temporarily. Something about all five of us (the two-year old included) spending the entire holidays in front of video screens of one sort or another, when we weren't at the rink. Seems she expected us to do stuff like...um....clean up a bit (not that I hadn't already promised to or anything.....way to stick my foot in it there!)

:lol!:

I begrudgingly got the PS3. Something really irks me about paying that much for a system. The Wii is so much more affordable and with the age difference for my kids, it's much better for the whole family. We still goof around on the Wii Sports bowling, which is the game that comes with it. Not many games that are packaged with the system have that much replay value. The PS3 is a nice machine and the blu-ray capability is also an excellent feature. But after adding on another controller, the HD cables, an accessory pack and a couple games, it was over $700. That isn't cheap. Don't even get me started though on those scumbags at Microsoft with their Dung-box360. Can someone explain to me what exactly this machine has over the original Dung-box other than improved processing etc? At least Sony added the blu-ray feature. The worst part about the Dung-box360 is the fact that Microsoft actually has the stones to charge people to play online. Neither Nintendo or Sony do that. The nerve of Microsoft never ceases to amaze me.

I've told my kids that if they want a Dung-box360, they'll have to buy it themselves. I refuse to give Microsoft any money for an overpriced system, which has precious few good exclusive titles. Most of the really great games are available on PS3, Wii, or both.

I guess I don't feel so bad then - I was a little upset when the cost of the Wii (three extra controllers, four nunchucks, Wii wheels) got to almost $500. But Wii Bowling rocks. My 5-yr old can get 9 strikes in a row (yes, nine). I have trouble getting four.

I've never been a fan of MicroCrap, so their system wasn't on the radar. Blu-ray isn't a big deal for me, as I can't really watch TV or movies - if the kids are awake, then I can't watch what I want because it's too scary for the kids, and if the kids are asleep, then the movies tend to be too loud. So PS3 is mainly for games, and because it can be "hacked" (read: it can run Linux, which I want to learn). Also, the PS3 is backwards compatible, and I have PS2 games.

So maybe I wait for a deal on a PS3, and load up on Wii games. Or use Aeroplan points.

On a side note, anyone think it'd be a hoot to sit and play something like Mario Kart against each other? (Vodka optional...) :D

34 Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii on Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:49 pm

Guest


Guest
Acrobat wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

I am so thoroughly jealous - I had dumped the PS2 and was about to get the PS3, then the wife (=CFO/CEO/COO) nixed it temporarily. Something about all five of us (the two-year old included) spending the entire holidays in front of video screens of one sort or another, when we weren't at the rink. Seems she expected us to do stuff like...um....clean up a bit (not that I hadn't already promised to or anything.....way to stick my foot in it there!)

:lol!:

I begrudgingly got the PS3. Something really irks me about paying that much for a system. The Wii is so much more affordable and with the age difference for my kids, it's much better for the whole family. We still goof around on the Wii Sports bowling, which is the game that comes with it. Not many games that are packaged with the system have that much replay value. The PS3 is a nice machine and the blu-ray capability is also an excellent feature. But after adding on another controller, the HD cables, an accessory pack and a couple games, it was over $700. That isn't cheap. Don't even get me started though on those scumbags at Microsoft with their Dung-box360. Can someone explain to me what exactly this machine has over the original Dung-box other than improved processing etc? At least Sony added the blu-ray feature. The worst part about the Dung-box360 is the fact that Microsoft actually has the stones to charge people to play online. Neither Nintendo or Sony do that. The nerve of Microsoft never ceases to amaze me.

I've told my kids that if they want a Dung-box360, they'll have to buy it themselves. I refuse to give Microsoft any money for an overpriced system, which has precious few good exclusive titles. Most of the really great games are available on PS3, Wii, or both.

I guess I don't feel so bad then - I was a little upset when the cost of the Wii (three extra controllers, four nunchucks, Wii wheels) got to almost $500. But Wii Bowling rocks. My 5-yr old can get 9 strikes in a row (yes, nine). I have trouble getting four.

I've never been a fan of MicroCrap, so their system wasn't on the radar. Blu-ray isn't a big deal for me, as I can't really watch TV or movies - if the kids are awake, then I can't watch what I want because it's too scary for the kids, and if the kids are asleep, then the movies tend to be too loud. So PS3 is mainly for games, and because it can be "hacked" (read: it can run Linux, which I want to learn). Also, the PS3 is backwards compatible, and I have PS2 games.

So maybe I wait for a deal on a PS3, and load up on Wii games. Or use Aeroplan points.

On a side note, anyone think it'd be a hoot to sit and play something like Mario Kart against each other? (Vodka optional...) :D

Mario Kart is fun, and even the wheel is really responsive, but you shouldn't be drinking and driving :x Be careful though about backwards compatibility with PS3. Most of the systems are not backwards compatible with PS2 (they all are for PSX), as Sony has removed the hardware emulators in the newer system to lower the prices. Alot of the PSX games look like Dung on my tv too. I have a couple of the old Final Fantasy games for PSX and are very pixelated on my PS3. Don't think of that as a selling feature, because straight up, it's not.

I think I paid around $500 when I bought the Wii, but I got a charging station for the battery packs, the system, Guitar Hero 3, and an extra nunchuk/remote. It still came in $200 less than the PS3 combo I bought almost a year later.

I know what you mean about the kids and their skill. I play Resistance with my 9 year old who flattens me every time. It's not even close. I can still beat my 5 year old daughter at bowling though, so I still have some bragging rights.

35 Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii on Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Phoenix30

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
[quote="hemlock"][quote="Acrobat"][quote="hemlock"][quote="Acrobat"]

I am so thoroughly jealous - I had dumped the PS2 and was about to get the PS3, then the wife (=CFO/CEO/COO) nixed it temporarily. Something about all five of us (the two-year old included) spending the entire holidays in front of video screens of one sort or another, when we weren't at the rink. Seems she expected us to do stuff like...um....clean up a bit (not that I hadn't already promised to or anything.....way to stick my foot in it there!)[/quote]

:lol!:

I begrudgingly got the PS3. Something really irks me about paying that much for a system. The Wii is so much more affordable and with the age difference for my kids, it's much better for the whole family. We still goof around on the Wii Sports bowling, which is the game that comes with it. Not many games that are packaged with the system have that much replay value. The PS3 is a nice machine and the blu-ray capability is also an excellent feature. But after adding on another controller, the HD cables, an accessory pack and a couple games, it was over $700. That isn't cheap. Don't even get me started though on those scumbags at Microsoft with their Dung-box360. Can someone explain to me what exactly this machine has over the original Dung-box other than improved processing etc? At least Sony added the blu-ray feature. The worst part about the Dung-box360 is the fact that Microsoft actually has the stones to charge people to play online. Neither Nintendo or Sony do that. The nerve of Microsoft never ceases to amaze me.

I've told my kids that if they want a Dung-box360, they'll have to buy it themselves. I refuse to give Microsoft any money for an overpriced system, which has precious few good exclusive titles. Most of the really great games are available on PS3, Wii, or both.[/quote]

I guess I don't feel so bad then - I was a little upset when the cost of the Wii (three extra controllers, four nunchucks, Wii wheels) got to almost $500. But Wii Bowling rocks. My 5-yr old can get 9 strikes in a row (yes, nine). I have trouble getting four.

I've never been a fan of MicroCrap, so their system wasn't on the radar. Blu-ray isn't a big deal for me, as I can't really watch TV or movies - if the kids are awake, then I can't watch what I want because it's too scary for the kids, and if the kids are asleep, then the movies tend to be too loud. So PS3 is mainly for games, and because it can be "hacked" (read: it can run Linux, which I want to learn). Also, the PS3 is backwards compatible, and I have PS2 games.

So maybe I wait for a deal on a PS3, and load up on Wii games. Or use Aeroplan points.

On a side note, anyone think it'd be a hoot to sit and play something like Mario Kart against each other? (Vodka optional...) :D[/quote]

Mario Kart is fun, and even the wheel is really responsive, but you shouldn't be drinking and driving :x Be careful though about backwards compatibility with PS3. Most of the systems are not backwards compatible with PS2 (they all are for PSX), as Sony has removed the hardware emulators in the newer system to lower the prices. Alot of the PSX games look like Dung on my tv too. I have a couple of the old Final Fantasy games for PSX and are very pixelated on my PS3. Don't think of that as a selling feature, because straight up, it's not.

I think I paid around $500 when I bought the Wii, but I got a charging station for the battery packs, the system, Guitar Hero 3, and an extra nunchuk/remote. It still came in $200 less than the PS3 combo I bought almost a year later.

I know what you mean about the kids and their skill. I play Resistance with my 9 year old who flattens me every time. It's not even close. I can still beat my 5 year old daughter at bowling though, so I still have some bragging rights.[/quote]


LOL beating a 5yr old is hardly bragging rights..... :P remember she'll get better and watch out.

36 Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii on Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:30 pm

Guest


Guest
[quote="Phoenix30]LOL beating a 5yr old is hardly bragging rights..... Razz remember she'll get better and watch out.[/quote]


I take my moral victories where I can get them Wink

Sometimes she beats me I let her win though.

37 Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:29 pm

Acrobat

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
hemlock wrote:
I know what you mean about the kids and their skill. I play Resistance with my 9 year old who flattens me every time. It's not even close. I can still beat my 5 year old daughter at bowling though, so I still have some bragging rights.

Can somebody please explain this to me?

I have a seven year old nephew who can play Dragonforce's "Throught the Fire and Flames" on Expert. And he's almost flawless.

My five year old (along with my seven and ten year old) are now in the process beating the "Staff Ghosts" on Mario Kart Wii - often by 7-8 seconds per race. My five year old uses Google and You Tube as references to research techniques on how to get better; he uses them with as much ease and facility as I do.
EDIT: And he takes it as seriously as I did my term papers...

For X-mas, we got the game of Life (the one with the electronic spinner and credit cards). It took all of three games over two days for my two eldest to figure out how to game the system so they would win the "lottery" every time.

Aren't there some sort of laws against this somewhere?
If not, shouldn't there be?
Were we like this?

I need to call my parents and apologize for whatever I did to them.

38 Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii on Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:18 am

Guest


Guest
Acrobat wrote:
hemlock wrote:
I know what you mean about the kids and their skill. I play Resistance with my 9 year old who flattens me every time. It's not even close. I can still beat my 5 year old daughter at bowling though, so I still have some bragging rights.

Can somebody please explain this to me?

I have a seven year old nephew who can play Dragonforce's "Throught the Fire and Flames" on Expert. And he's almost flawless.

My five year old (along with my seven and ten year old) are now in the process beating the "Staff Ghosts" on Mario Kart Wii - often by 7-8 seconds per race. My five year old uses Google and You Tube as references to research techniques on how to get better; he uses them with as much ease and facility as I do.
EDIT: And he takes it as seriously as I did my term papers...

For X-mas, we got the game of Life (the one with the electronic spinner and credit cards). It took all of three games over two days for my two eldest to figure out how to game the system so they would win the "lottery" every time.

Aren't there some sort of laws against this somewhere?
If not, shouldn't there be?
Were we like this?

I need to call my parents and apologize for whatever I did to them.

Haha! We were, but it sure seems like our kids are much better. Every generation is like that I suppose.

39 Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii on Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:19 am

beedub

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
Don't get me started on my kids taking over the video games from their old man.

My son got his Wii for Christmas (what was that...10 days ago?). So he challenges me to a game of Wii bowling. Figuring that I'll clean his clock, I mean how good could a 12 year old be, I agreed.

Final score - my son 267 (out of a possible 300), me 171.

"Ah...don't worry about it Dad, I'm sure it was just luck" I can't believe my 12 year old was trying to placate me

40 Re: Got NHL2K9 for the Wii on Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:27 am

Guest


Guest
beedub wrote:Don't get me started on my kids taking over the video games from their old man.

My son got his Wii for Christmas (what was that...10 days ago?). So he challenges me to a game of Wii bowling. Figuring that I'll clean his clock, I mean how good could a 12 year old be, I agreed.

Final score - my son 267 (out of a possible 300), me 171.

"Ah...don't worry about it Dad, I'm sure it was just luck" I can't believe my 12 year old was trying to placate me

At least he still tries to placate you. My kids are well past that. I get things like "Dad, you kinda suck at this game"

I lost to a 9 and a 5 year old the other day at Wii Bowling. Brutal.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum