You are not connected. Please login or register

Frantisek Kaberle

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Frantisek Kaberle - Page 2 Empty Re: Frantisek Kaberle on Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:47 pm

rooneypoo


All-Star
All-Star
We could do worse, I suppose, although he's a softie, and super injury prone. If this were the last year of his deal, I'd say why not... but that extra year on his deal will give BM something to think about.

I won't be shocked, or emotional, whether we claim him or not. He's Priessing light, at best, which I admit is, sadly, still an improvement on our current D. Kuba's status, and the coaching staff's assessment of Lee's recent play, will probably play a big role in whether we put in a claim or not.

17Frantisek Kaberle - Page 2 Empty Re: Frantisek Kaberle on Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:53 pm

Guest


Guest
Ya, Melnyk is going to take on another 2.2 mil in salary for a last place team... oh, he also brings absolutly nothing to the table and is an exspensive spare part. Id take Bell at 2.2 million over him.

18Frantisek Kaberle - Page 2 Empty Re: Frantisek Kaberle on Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:37 pm

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Bell sucks. Don't compare him to F.Kaberle man, c'mon.

19Frantisek Kaberle - Page 2 Empty Re: Frantisek Kaberle on Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:53 pm

Guest


Guest
504Heater wrote:Bell sucks. Don't compare him to F.Kaberle man, c'mon.

What are you talking about? Bell is doing exactly what is asked of him and doing it well. He is a bit weak in his own zone, but thats not where his strengths are either. Bell is a better player than Kaberle, no doubt in my mind.

20Frantisek Kaberle - Page 2 Empty Re: Frantisek Kaberle on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:18 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
Bell is a much better value than Kaberle. Right now, Kaberle makes 4 times as much money as Bell. Kaberle is a better player, but is not 4 times better.

One note about this thread. A player, when claimed on re-entry, I believe that the team that picks him up is responsible for half of the ENTIRE contract. So if Ottawa picked Kaberle up on re-entry waivers, he would cost half of his remaining value (~700K) for this year, and half of his full contract next year (1.1 million).

I don't care either way about getting this guy, unless there is a movement to reunite the Kaberle brothers.

21Frantisek Kaberle - Page 2 Empty Re: Frantisek Kaberle on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Neely4Life wrote:
504Heater wrote:Bell sucks. Don't compare him to F.Kaberle man, c'mon.

What are you talking about? Bell is doing exactly what is asked of him and doing it well. He is a bit weak in his own zone, but thats not where his strengths are either. Bell is a better player than Kaberle, no doubt in my mind.

I'm talking about Bell and Smith being a nightmare pairing. Just my opinion. And I find that he's failing to do the one thing he's brought in to do - move the puck.

Just not a fan of the entire team right now, Bell is no exception. I would keep Lee and waive Bell personally, but whatever. It ain't gonna make much of a difference.

22Frantisek Kaberle - Page 2 Empty Re: Frantisek Kaberle on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:47 pm

Guest


Guest
504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
504Heater wrote:Bell sucks. Don't compare him to F.Kaberle man, c'mon.

What are you talking about? Bell is doing exactly what is asked of him and doing it well. He is a bit weak in his own zone, but thats not where his strengths are either. Bell is a better player than Kaberle, no doubt in my mind.

I'm talking about Bell and Smith being a nightmare pairing. Just my opinion. And I find that he's failing to do the one thing he's brought in to do - move the puck.

Just not a fan of the entire team right now, Bell is no exception. I would keep Lee and waive Bell personally, but whatever. It ain't gonna make much of a difference.

Lee isnt even better than Bell. Bell does actually make a good first outlet pass and has. Who is he supposed to give the puck to? The guy who isnt scoring or the guy who isnt scoring? Bell has been fine here, better than Lee and him being called up ahead of him is a clear indication of that.

You waive Bell and who comes in? What would the point of that be?

23Frantisek Kaberle - Page 2 Empty Re: Frantisek Kaberle on Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:32 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore
I don't think Kaberle is the worst player out there, but it's a low reward for a high risk IMO. And the second year on the deal is a turn off for sure.

24Frantisek Kaberle - Page 2 Empty Re: Frantisek Kaberle on Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:37 pm

Guest


Guest
This move does next to nothing to improve this team, while wasting cap space. We ought to be trying to jettison overpaid players (I'm looking right at you, Chris Kelly), not picking more up.

Pass on Kaberle. He was put on waivers for a reason. It's not like Carolina's D is a tower of power or anything.

25Frantisek Kaberle - Page 2 Empty Re: Frantisek Kaberle on Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:50 pm

Guest


Guest
Leafs will pick him up

26Frantisek Kaberle - Page 2 Empty Re: Frantisek Kaberle on Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Tukker wrote:Leafs will pick him up

No way, they want his brother to waive his NTC, not make him feel more comfortable.

27Frantisek Kaberle - Page 2 Empty Re: Frantisek Kaberle on Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Neely4Life wrote:
Lee isnt even better than Bell. Bell does actually make a good first outlet pass and has. Who is he supposed to give the puck to? The guy who isnt scoring or the guy who isnt scoring? Bell has been fine here, better than Lee and him being called up ahead of him is a clear indication of that.

You waive Bell and who comes in? What would the point of that be?

You feel that Bell makes a better first pass than Lee? I must be watching something different. I see Lee make snap passes out of the zone, right onto guy's sticks - regularly. That and his speed when he turns it on is really impressive.

I don't hate Bell, I'm very indifferent to him though. He's an average-to-below-average puck mover, who had a few good games and then has been absolutely awful.

He's a weak link for me right now. Until he starts getting the rush moving, he's useless.

28Frantisek Kaberle - Page 2 Empty Re: Frantisek Kaberle on Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:16 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Well, without saying I was right, according to this morning's Sun, Murray has said he will pass on trying to snag Kaberle...

While the article mentioned the slim possibility of Kaberle being recalled, I don't see that happening.

29Frantisek Kaberle - Page 2 Empty Re: Frantisek Kaberle on Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
The more I think about it - forget it, we need every available $$ to get some serious talent and pay for the young guys coming up (who will make a killing). Karlsson is going to make so much money, it's gonna make us all happy and sad at the same time. Smile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum