You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » Atlantic » Detroit Red Wings » Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST

Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST Empty Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST on Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:54 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder


Watch it live first, then watch the replay. Unfortunately the quality isn't top notch on the real time highlight. Wow.

NOW:

Replay:

2Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST Empty Re: Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST on Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:57 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That is pure Diddle ing skill. Pure. XXX filth skill. Live, it's like 2 seconds where you're going, where is the puck? Did Harding catch it, then boom, roof. Unreal.

3Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST Empty Re: Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST on Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:58 am

Guest


Guest
affraid

4Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST Empty Re: Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST on Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:02 am

Guest


Guest
Pretty sick. I've seen that move from him before, although that was in a game situation.

5Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST Empty Re: Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST on Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
hemlock wrote:Pretty sick. I've seen that move from him before, although that was in a game situation.

Disgusting. Yeah, he nailed Vokoun to the wall in a shootout as well. Same style, but not as slick.

6Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST Empty Re: Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:58 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
I was saying to a friend of mine during the winter classic that Datsyuk had become my favourite player in the league.

The one he did on Turco in-game was pretty amazing as well.

7Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST Empty Re: Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:06 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder




Oh man, that Vokoun move is disgusting as well. Whew.

8Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST Empty Re: Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:18 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star


My favourite Datsyuk vid.

Unbelievable offensive player, Selke winner, Cup winner, great guy.

It's also a testament about not giving up on a guy too early (as we did with Demitra). Datsyuk struggled a lot in his career and was considered a playoff choker for a while.

It also shows the importance of puck-moving defencemen and having a mentor (as he had in Yzerman).

This is, of course, written in regards to Spezza. He sucked for the most part tonight, but there were times were he was skating and I thought it was far faster than I'd seen him skate before.

9Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST Empty Re: Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:22 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
I can't find it, but there's a video on YouTube of Datsyuk dangling some Wings broadcaster or something (who appears to actually be quite competent at hockey) and it was just ridiculous.

I'll see if I can find it.

10Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST Empty Re: Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:23 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Wow.

That is one cool video.

I realize the hilariously similar paths he and Spezza are taking. I remember when they wanted him out in Detroit. No heart, no character, no grit.

Boy...they were really bang on there.

11Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST Empty Re: Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:31 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
504Heater wrote:Wow.

That is one cool video.

I realize the hilariously similar paths he and Spezza are taking. I remember when they wanted him out in Detroit. No heart, no character, no grit.

Boy...they were really bang on there.

Not to mention Yzerman before him.

This is why I do not want to give up on Spezza (in addition to there being a poor market for him at the moment).

Wait the season out, suck, get a good player at the draft, then hire an established guy like Quinn who will kick Spezza in the @$$, bench him, scratch him etc.

Spezza's shown us what he can do when there are defencemen capable of getting the puck to him and scoring on lines behind him. 90 points, 71 assists in 68 games as a 22 year old.

Don't give up on him yet.

12Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST Empty Re: Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Don't look at me, I love Spezza. The problem he's having is the same problem Heatley and Alfredsson are having. No one can get them the puck - and when they do, they're in double coverage because other team's don't respect our other lines.

I would keep Spezza, but, sadly, I realize what could potentially be a draft day deal where we get another top 10 pick (like 9th or 10th) if Schenn, Schroeder (everyone is quite high on him) or if Cowen falls. I might as well face it now. At least until the draft has come and gone.

13Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST Empty Re: Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:38 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
I'm not completely against trading him, but I have two specifications in making a trade:

1. Don't try to improve the current team and/or deal him for older assets. We're trying to re-build, this draft is a big part of that.
2. Don't deal him for quantity, only quality matters

Basically, I wouldn't think about trading him until the draft. But I wouldn't trade him for a #9 or #10 selection by itself. That's more Panik/Morin category than Schroeder/Cowen category.

14Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST Empty Re: Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
asq2 wrote:I'm not completely against trading him, but I have two specifications in making a trade:

1. Don't try to improve the current team and/or deal him for older assets. We're trying to re-build, this draft is a big part of that.
2. Don't deal him for quantity, only quality matters

Basically, I wouldn't think about trading him until the draft. But I wouldn't trade him for a #9 or #10 selection by itself. That's more Panik/Morin category than Schroeder/Cowen category.

Diddle no, it would have to be a player that we've discussed that's fallen to 7th or 8th (or in the top 10).

I'm not interested in many things for Spezza. The criteria is clear as day:

-a 1st 2009, a prospect that is already having excellent impact in the minors (think Osala, Hickey etc.), a upper to light blue chip prospect and a high pick, or a 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounder - which could possibly get you into the top 10. Some combo of those things. Something that helps the rebuild massively.

The other option are young guys signed to good contracts, who are already making noise in the NHL. But they have to be signed for at least 2 more years - preferably longer.

15Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST Empty Re: Datsyuk - watch it live FIRST on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:58 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:I'm not completely against trading him, but I have two specifications in making a trade:

1. Don't try to improve the current team and/or deal him for older assets. We're trying to re-build, this draft is a big part of that.
2. Don't deal him for quantity, only quality matters

Basically, I wouldn't think about trading him until the draft. But I wouldn't trade him for a #9 or #10 selection by itself. That's more Panik/Morin category than Schroeder/Cowen category.

Diddle no, it would have to be a player that we've discussed that's fallen to 7th or 8th (or in the top 10).

I'm not interested in many things for Spezza. The criteria is clear as day:

-a 1st 2009, a prospect that is already having excellent impact in the minors (think Osala, Hickey etc.), a upper to light blue chip prospect and a high pick, or a 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounder - which could possibly get you into the top 10. Some combo of those things. Something that helps the rebuild massively.

The other option are young guys signed to good contracts, who are already making noise in the NHL. But they have to be signed for at least 2 more years - preferably longer.

I think we're in agreement that Eklund's "rumour" of Spezza for Regehr would be a dumb move then. Wink

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum