» The other NHL teams » Metropolitan » Columbus Blue Jackets » Steve Mason

Steve Mason

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Steve Mason Empty Steve Mason on Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:15 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Alright, this is getting a little ridiculous. Tonight, Mason posted a 45 save shut-out over the New York Rangers, his 6th of the season.

Prior to tonight's game?
13-9-1, 1.82 GAA, .934 SV%age, and an aforementioned 5 shut-outs.

As a 20 year old rookie.

Sorry Doughty, but this kid's got Calder written all over him.

Question: Does he also have Vezina written all over him?

2Steve Mason Empty Re: Steve Mason on Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:22 pm

asq2 wrote:Alright, this is getting a little ridiculous. Tonight, Mason posted a 45 save shut-out over the New York Rangers, his 6th of the season.

Prior to tonight's game?
13-9-1, 1.82 GAA, .934 SV%age, and an aforementioned 5 shut-outs.

As a 20 year old rookie.

Sorry Doughty, but this kid's got Calder written all over him.

Question: Does he also have Vezina written all over him?
This year? Probably not. Leclair had similar stats and didnt even get a nomination. In the near future...the VERY near future, yes.

3Steve Mason Empty Re: Steve Mason on Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:25 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Leclaire had a pretty impressive campaign last year as well for the Jackets, and Lundqvist I believe lead the NHL in SO's, and I'm likely not alone when I say Nabokov was probably the best goalie in the league, but the NHL awards did not care.

4Steve Mason Empty Re: Steve Mason on Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:28 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Point taken, but so far Mason's numbers are far better than Leclaire's from last year apart from shut-outs, and he has 6 in 24 games compared to 9 for PL in 54 games.

5Steve Mason Empty Re: Steve Mason on Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:35 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Actually, my mistake. To make it more impressive, the shut-out was against Washington rather than NYR.

6Steve Mason Empty Re: Steve Mason on Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:39 pm

asq2 wrote:Point taken, but so far Mason's numbers are far better than Leclaire's from last year apart from shut-outs, and he has 6 in 24 games compared to 9 for PL in 54 games.
PL also had 6 in like his 1st 15 games, then cooled down immensely. The same could always happen to Mason.

7Steve Mason Empty Re: Steve Mason on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:23 am

I thought it was his 5th SO. Just gross. I mentioned all this in another topic before I saw this one :x

8Steve Mason Empty Re: Steve Mason on Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
asq2 wrote:Actually, my mistake. To make it more impressive, the shut-out was against Washington rather than NYR.

Threw me for a loop, there. Just before this thread I read Shabbs' game-day write up that had the Rangers losing to the Sabres in a shootout last night.

9Steve Mason Empty Re: Steve Mason on Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:32 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Leclaire last year, now Mason. You think they have a pretty good defensive-minded coach over there? Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum