You are not connected. Please login or register

Which bottom feeder will win the cup first?

Which bottom feeder will win the cup first?

0% 0% [ 0 ]
6% 6% [ 1 ]
12% 12% [ 2 ]
24% 24% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
24% 24% [ 4 ]
24% 24% [ 4 ]
12% 12% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Which bottom feeder will win the cup first? on Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:37 pm

Im Picking Phoenix, but I considered Columbus and LA as well.

I picked NYI :lol!: but I seriously think it'll be LA (if they find themselves a true #1) or CLB

cash wrote:I picked NYI :lol!: but I seriously think it'll be LA (if they find themselves a true #1) or CLB
the cap will kill LA before they have a chance to be elite.

I went with Columbus. They've already got an established guy in Nash, as well as studs like Brassard, Voracek, and Filatov. Then there is Mason. He's easily the best goalie right now of all the teams listed.

True story, Tukker. Still, they will probably be competitive for the next decade.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Phoenix or Ottawa. Depending on how this draft goes, we're up there.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star
hemlock wrote:I went with Columbus. They've already got an established guy in Nash, as well as studs like Brassard, Voracek, and Filatov. Then there is Mason. He's easily the best goalie right now of all the teams listed.

My pick is Columbus as well because Hitch is such a great coach, but Tyutin, Russell and Methot is not exactly a blue-line of the future for the ages though.

A team like LA has depth at every position. Bernier, Quick, Ersberg, Zatkoff in goal, Doughty, Hickey, Teubert, Johnson, Voinov, Harrold on the blue-line, Kopitar, Brown, O'Sullivan, Moller, Frolov, Cliche, Purcell, Lewis etc. up front, in addition to a good pick this season.

asq2 wrote:
hemlock wrote:I went with Columbus. They've already got an established guy in Nash, as well as studs like Brassard, Voracek, and Filatov. Then there is Mason. He's easily the best goalie right now of all the teams listed.

My pick is Columbus as well because Hitch is such a great coach, but Tyutin, Russell and Methot is not exactly a blue-line of the future for the ages though.

A team like LA has depth at every position. Bernier, Quick, Ersberg, Zatkoff in goal, Doughty, Hickey, Teubert, Johnson, Voinov, Harrold on the blue-line, Kopitar, Brown, O'Sullivan, Moller, Frolov, Cliche, Purcell, Lewis etc. up front, in addition to a good pick this season.

That's what sucking for a decade gets you though. It's a shame because it's unlikely that all that talent will blossom together. The salary cap should see to that.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I picked Columbus but LA is looking like they'll be a strong team as well. Considering how well the Jackets young talent is developing combined with solid coaching - I think they'll be the first of that group. It couldn't happen to a better bottom feeder (Outside of Ottawa of course). They have a good group of fans down there and it would be nice to see that team win a Cup.

- Unknown Author

10 Re: Which bottom feeder will win the cup first? on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:05 am

The_Dude

Prospect
Prospect
I picked Phoenix, Gretzky's got this team going in the right direction

Hayden

Rookie
Rookie
I as well took Phoenix - another team in a terrible hockey market winning the cup.

Do you think Wednesday's game on TSN will have the lowest viewers TSN has had for a game this year - Ottawa/Atlanta?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum