Which bottom feeder will win the cup first?

    Share

    Poll

    Which bottom feeder will win the cup first?

    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    6% [6%] 
    [ 2 ]
    12% [12%] 
    [ 4 ]
    24% [24%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 4 ]
    24% [24%] 
    [ 4 ]
    24% [24%] 
    [ 2 ]
    12% [12%] 

    Total Votes: 17

    Guest
    Guest

    Which bottom feeder will win the cup first?

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:37 pm

    Im Picking Phoenix, but I considered Columbus and LA as well.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Which bottom feeder will win the cup first?

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:44 pm

    I picked NYI :lol!: but I seriously think it'll be LA (if they find themselves a true #1) or CLB

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Which bottom feeder will win the cup first?

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:47 pm

    cash wrote:I picked NYI :lol!: but I seriously think it'll be LA (if they find themselves a true #1) or CLB
    the cap will kill LA before they have a chance to be elite.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Which bottom feeder will win the cup first?

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:55 pm

    I went with Columbus. They've already got an established guy in Nash, as well as studs like Brassard, Voracek, and Filatov. Then there is Mason. He's easily the best goalie right now of all the teams listed.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Which bottom feeder will win the cup first?

    Post by Guest on Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:00 am

    True story, Tukker. Still, they will probably be competitive for the next decade.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54585
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Which bottom feeder will win the cup first?

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:12 am

    Phoenix or Ottawa. Depending on how this draft goes, we're up there.
    avatar
    asq2
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7179
    Favorite Team : Detroit
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Which bottom feeder will win the cup first?

    Post by asq2 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:28 am

    hemlock wrote:I went with Columbus. They've already got an established guy in Nash, as well as studs like Brassard, Voracek, and Filatov. Then there is Mason. He's easily the best goalie right now of all the teams listed.

    My pick is Columbus as well because Hitch is such a great coach, but Tyutin, Russell and Methot is not exactly a blue-line of the future for the ages though.

    A team like LA has depth at every position. Bernier, Quick, Ersberg, Zatkoff in goal, Doughty, Hickey, Teubert, Johnson, Voinov, Harrold on the blue-line, Kopitar, Brown, O'Sullivan, Moller, Frolov, Cliche, Purcell, Lewis etc. up front, in addition to a good pick this season.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Which bottom feeder will win the cup first?

    Post by Guest on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:48 am

    asq2 wrote:
    hemlock wrote:I went with Columbus. They've already got an established guy in Nash, as well as studs like Brassard, Voracek, and Filatov. Then there is Mason. He's easily the best goalie right now of all the teams listed.

    My pick is Columbus as well because Hitch is such a great coach, but Tyutin, Russell and Methot is not exactly a blue-line of the future for the ages though.

    A team like LA has depth at every position. Bernier, Quick, Ersberg, Zatkoff in goal, Doughty, Hickey, Teubert, Johnson, Voinov, Harrold on the blue-line, Kopitar, Brown, O'Sullivan, Moller, Frolov, Cliche, Purcell, Lewis etc. up front, in addition to a good pick this season.

    That's what sucking for a decade gets you though. It's a shame because it's unlikely that all that talent will blossom together. The salary cap should see to that.
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13620
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Which bottom feeder will win the cup first?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:25 am

    I picked Columbus but LA is looking like they'll be a strong team as well. Considering how well the Jackets young talent is developing combined with solid coaching - I think they'll be the first of that group. It couldn't happen to a better bottom feeder (Outside of Ottawa of course). They have a good group of fans down there and it would be nice to see that team win a Cup.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    The_Dude
    Prospect
    Prospect

    Number of posts : 26
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-03

    Re: Which bottom feeder will win the cup first?

    Post by The_Dude on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:05 am

    I picked Phoenix, Gretzky's got this team going in the right direction
    avatar
    Hayden
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 266
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-25

    Re: Which bottom feeder will win the cup first?

    Post by Hayden on Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:58 pm

    I as well took Phoenix - another team in a terrible hockey market winning the cup.

    Do you think Wednesday's game on TSN will have the lowest viewers TSN has had for a game this year - Ottawa/Atlanta?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Which bottom feeder will win the cup first?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:48 pm