You are not connected. Please login or register

 » Alphabet soup + Anouncements! » Random Thoughts - NON Hockey talk » Ways to help GMHockey.com

Ways to help GMHockey.com

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Ways to help GMHockey.com - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:14 am

Hobiesens


Sophomore
Sophomore
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Another piece of news. When I search Hockey Forum our site gets first page results. I don't know if it's just me but if you all can try it and let me know where we show up that would be great. I remember a few weeks ago we were getting page 6 with those key word terms.


I got a first page result also.

17Ways to help GMHockey.com - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:18 am

PKC


All-Star
All-Star
Same here. The last hit listed on page 1. Nice work guys.

18Ways to help GMHockey.com - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:21 am

Cap'n Clutch


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Thanks for the responses guys. That's great. I was wondering if it was just because I check Google so often that it was used to my searches or something.

19Ways to help GMHockey.com - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:32 pm

Guest


Guest
hey, I just posted a note on facebook to join:

Paul Patenaude To all the NHL gurus out there, join www.gmhockey.com to talk hockey all the time, we do sim too! I am HowieMorenz on the network. See you there!

20Ways to help GMHockey.com - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:38 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
So July is still looking good for posts but has slowed somewhat and may not hit our June record of 11304. Membership is picking up with 22 in June and another 22 in July so far. Our Google page results have dropped to page 5 to 7 which is odd.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

21Ways to help GMHockey.com - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:39 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran
Cap'n Clutch wrote:So July is still looking good for posts but has slowed somewhat and may not hit our June record of 11304. Membership is picking up with 22 in June and another 22 in July so far. Our Google page results have dropped to page 5 to 7 which is odd.
I saw a post somehwere else that linked to a site called: the realgmhockey . Have you heard of it and are the our bitter rival? LOL!

22Ways to help GMHockey.com - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:42 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Cap'n Clutch wrote:So July is still looking good for posts but has slowed somewhat and may not hit our June record of 11304. Membership is picking up with 22 in June and another 22 in July so far. Our Google page results have dropped to page 5 to 7 which is odd.

Shabbs and I did more than our fair share, I think. Can you check the state to see what our percentages are this month?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

23Ways to help GMHockey.com - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:44 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Oh on another note GMHockey.com will turn 1 on July 31st. It was technically created on July 31st, 2008 and opened it's doors to membership on August 5th, 2008.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

24Ways to help GMHockey.com - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:04 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore
You guys should think of getting some stickers made. It's really cheap to do, and is a very cost effective way of advertising. Throw them in various places, especially around Scotiabank Place- something simple like "GMHockey.com- All Hockey. All the Time".

Watch them pour in. If you guys want to take this thing to the next level- you need to expand past the internet and start advertising in new clever (and cheap) ways. This site has a TON of potential.

25Ways to help GMHockey.com - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:25 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Jordo wrote:You guys should think of getting some stickers made. It's really cheap to do, and is a very cost effective way of advertising. Throw them in various places, especially around Scotiabank Place- something simple like "GMHockey.com- All Hockey. All the Time".

Watch them pour in. If you guys want to take this thing to the next level- you need to expand past the internet and start advertising in new clever (and cheap) ways. This site has a TON of potential.

Very good idea. It might be time to do some out of internet advertising.

26Ways to help GMHockey.com - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:08 am

Guest


Guest
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Oh on another note GMHockey.com will turn 1 on July 31st. It was technically created on July 31st, 2008 and opened it's doors to membership on August 5th, 2008.

Wohoo!

Ahhhhh!

27Ways to help GMHockey.com - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:27 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Jordo wrote:You guys should think of getting some stickers made. It's really cheap to do, and is a very cost effective way of advertising. Throw them in various places, especially around Scotiabank Place- something simple like "GMHockey.com- All Hockey. All the Time".

Watch them pour in. If you guys want to take this thing to the next level- you need to expand past the internet and start advertising in new clever (and cheap) ways. This site has a TON of potential.

As much as this site is very centred around the Senators I personally don't want to turn it into GM(Senators)Hockey.com so I'm a little worried about putting stickers up at SBP. I'm not against the idea and I do want to continue to grow the Sens fan base for sure. I would just like to see stickers posted at the Bell Center and the ACC first for example. We're ~90% Sens members right now so if we can even that out a little first then flood the SBP with stickers.

I don't know what the fellow Co-founders think?


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

28Ways to help GMHockey.com - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:05 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think the user base needs to grow a lot more... and become a lot more varied in teams they support etc... with regular and consistent participation... then the next level will be achievable.

29Ways to help GMHockey.com - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I agree with Jordo though, we have to keep on plugging, no matter what the fanbase.

30Ways to help GMHockey.com - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:25 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore
Hey guys,
Just a few random ideas for the site: In no particular order:

GAME DAY:
I think we should have some special graphic for a Game Day Thread that is below the logo on the main page but above all of the forum topics. Something that you notice right away, and is simply a picture of the two teams. With a few options like "Go to Chat", "Go to board", and "buy tickets" (on a side note, you may be able to get some kind of marketing coin from capital tickets to anybody referred to their site from ours).
It'd be cool to make Game Days actual events on this page. Hype it up, Shabbs does a great job with the Game Day threads, and it should be accentuated.

BLOGGERS:
We have such a wealth of knowledge here, not to mention a lot of personalities, that could write fantastic blogs on certain topics. I think giving a few of these people the rights to write a blog a few times a week would be a very cool idea for this site, and might gain some momentum. Somebody for rumours, somebody for game analysis, somebody for other teams (Dave- Chicago, etc) .I know it all sounds very hockeybuzz- but there's a few things we can learn from that site, and then make it our own. I think having a few regular bloggers on this site is a good thing.


Just a couple of ideas I was thinking about earlier.

31Ways to help GMHockey.com - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:26 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
Jordo wrote:Hey guys,
Just a few random ideas for the site: In no particular order:

GAME DAY:
I think we should have some special graphic for a Game Day Thread that is below the logo on the main page but above all of the forum topics. Something that you notice right away, and is simply a picture of the two teams. With a few options like "Go to Chat", "Go to board", and "buy tickets" (on a side note, you may be able to get some kind of marketing coin from capital tickets to anybody referred to their site from ours).
It'd be cool to make Game Days actual events on this page. Hype it up, Shabbs does a great job with the Game Day threads, and it should be accentuated.

BLOGGERS:
We have such a wealth of knowledge here, not to mention a lot of personalities, that could write fantastic blogs on certain topics. I think giving a few of these people the rights to write a blog a few times a week would be a very cool idea for this site, and might gain some momentum. Somebody for rumours, somebody for game analysis, somebody for other teams (Dave- Chicago, etc) .I know it all sounds very hockeybuzz- but there's a few things we can learn from that site, and then make it our own. I think having a few regular bloggers on this site is a good thing.


Just a couple of ideas I was thinking about earlier.

How about we ask N4L to blog on spelling Smile That would be wicked !!!

32Ways to help GMHockey.com - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Jordo wrote:Hey guys,
Just a few random ideas for the site: In no particular order:

GAME DAY:
I think we should have some special graphic for a Game Day Thread that is below the logo on the main page but above all of the forum topics. Something that you notice right away, and is simply a picture of the two teams. With a few options like "Go to Chat", "Go to board", and "buy tickets" (on a side note, you may be able to get some kind of marketing coin from capital tickets to anybody referred to their site from ours).
It'd be cool to make Game Days actual events on this page. Hype it up, Shabbs does a great job with the Game Day threads, and it should be accentuated.

BLOGGERS:
We have such a wealth of knowledge here, not to mention a lot of personalities, that could write fantastic blogs on certain topics. I think giving a few of these people the rights to write a blog a few times a week would be a very cool idea for this site, and might gain some momentum. Somebody for rumours, somebody for game analysis, somebody for other teams (Dave- Chicago, etc) .I know it all sounds very hockeybuzz- but there's a few things we can learn from that site, and then make it our own. I think having a few regular bloggers on this site is a good thing.


Just a couple of ideas I was thinking about earlier.

OMG yes! Please? Anyone?

It's not a matter of us letting someone blog, just let Clutch know and he'll get the Blog World up and running again - or feel free to fire away.

I've literally been waiting for someone else to start writing stuff. The last time someone came close was Mattshock last year.

33Ways to help GMHockey.com - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:07 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SpezDispenser wrote:
Jordo wrote:Hey guys,
Just a few random ideas for the site: In no particular order:

GAME DAY:
I think we should have some special graphic for a Game Day Thread that is below the logo on the main page but above all of the forum topics. Something that you notice right away, and is simply a picture of the two teams. With a few options like "Go to Chat", "Go to board", and "buy tickets" (on a side note, you may be able to get some kind of marketing coin from capital tickets to anybody referred to their site from ours).
It'd be cool to make Game Days actual events on this page. Hype it up, Shabbs does a great job with the Game Day threads, and it should be accentuated.

BLOGGERS:
We have such a wealth of knowledge here, not to mention a lot of personalities, that could write fantastic blogs on certain topics. I think giving a few of these people the rights to write a blog a few times a week would be a very cool idea for this site, and might gain some momentum. Somebody for rumours, somebody for game analysis, somebody for other teams (Dave- Chicago, etc) .I know it all sounds very hockeybuzz- but there's a few things we can learn from that site, and then make it our own. I think having a few regular bloggers on this site is a good thing.


Just a couple of ideas I was thinking about earlier.

OMG yes! Please? Anyone?

It's not a matter of us letting someone blog, just let Clutch know and he'll get the Blog World up and running again - or feel free to fire away.

I've literally been waiting for someone else to start writing stuff. The last time someone came close was Mattshock last year.

Speaking of blogs. I wonder if it wouldn't be best to just have a forum section like the Welcome, around the forum in 30 teams etc. Just dedicated to bloggers and we can lock the new topics function to allow only bloggers to post blogs in there. I think the blog site being at a different address has hurt it's chances of success. As for the Game Day thread event I like it and I'll see if I can come up with something to put up there at the top of the page.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum