SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5649
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

I want it......grrrrrrr

Post by SensFan71 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:52 pm

There is a silent auction going on at my work and what should appear (and I notice this because I am the only diehard Sens fan where I work) but a signed Dominik Hasek puck encased in glass, grrrrrr, if only bills didn't have to be paid lol.
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 5050
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

Re: I want it......grrrrrrr

Post by SensGirl11 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:54 pm

SensFan71 wrote:There is a silent auction going on at my work and what should appear (and I notice this because I am the only diehard Sens fan where I work) but a signed Dominik Hasek puck encased in glass, grrrrrr, if only bills didn't have to be paid lol.

Nice, another Hasek fan!

How much is it?

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:01 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:There is a silent auction going on at my work and what should appear (and I notice this because I am the only diehard Sens fan where I work) but a signed Dominik Hasek puck encased in glass, grrrrrr, if only bills didn't have to be paid lol.

Nice, another Hasek fan!

How much is it?

Well, he was the closest thing we ever had to a starting goalie since the organization came back in 92/93. There is no set price on it as it is an auction, no value is known either, but since it is an authentic signature, not a machine print, am guessing $5 won't suffice.

Last edited by SensFan71 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

Post by SensGirl11 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:04 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
    SensGirl11 wrote:

Nice, another Hasek fan!

How much is it?

Well, he was the closest thing we ever had to a starting goalie since the organization came back in 94. There is no set price on it as it is an auction, no value is known either, but since it is an authentic signature, not a machine print, am guessing $5 won't suffice.

He's still my ALL TIME favorite goalie. He was the best I've ever seen, and the most interesting and least boring of all.

I actually ended up buying a stitched Hasek jersey when he played here. Don't regret it in the least, other than the fact that I can't wear it anywhere without being taunted.

I wish he hadn't been quite as insane as he was and got through his injury and won a Cup with us.

Another opportunity lost.

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:07 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:
    SensGirl11 wrote:

Nice, another Hasek fan!

How much is it?

Well, he was the closest thing we ever had to a starting goalie since the organization came back in 94. There is no set price on it as it is an auction, no value is known either, but since it is an authentic signature, not a machine print, am guessing $5 won't suffice.

He's still my ALL TIME favorite goalie. He was the best I've ever seen, and the most interesting and least boring of all.

I actually ended up buying a stitched Hasek jersey when he played here. Don't regret it in the least, other than the fact that I can't wear it anywhere without being taunted.

I wish he hadn't been quite as insane as he was and got through his injury and won a Cup with us.

Another opportunity lost.

Ah foo upon the others that shun you for that, would take a healthy Hasek back in a second if he was still playing, is better than the duo we have. Elliot still might surprise and unless we draft another goalie or trade for one, we will be riding Elliot to success or failure.

another opportunity lost is just the story of the Sens playoff success (or lack thereof)
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

Post by SensGirl11 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:16 pm

Fair enough, I shouldn't give 2 Dung about what people think. I now have an Alfie jersey though, so I can't really go back, it's good to have as a souvenir though. I was on top of the World when they signed him.

That's actually what got me into hockey as much as I am now. Well, that and my hubby.

I would take Hasek back in a heartbeat too. I do hope that Elliott turns into the goalie that we need to succeed. Only time will tell.

I don't mind our tandem of Auld and Elliott. But of course we'd all prefer a Luongo/Elliott tandem or something similar. Wink

We will have our glory day soon enough...we just need to wait it out a little longer. Once Karlsson and all of our other young lads come up, we should be well on our way again. Add them to our core now, and we're looking pretty slick and scary.

I will still say 2 years (3 at the most), and we're back to the Finals.
    sennies1980
    Prospect
    Prospect

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2008-12-16

Post by sennies1980 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:30 pm

a die hard fan that thinks the team came back in 94? hrrrm...

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:01 pm

have bid $6 on it right now, the first bid was $5, not sure how long the auction goes for though.

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:21 pm

sennies1980 wrote:a die hard fan that thinks the team came back in 94? hrrrm...
    I don't know if we could even be considered a hockey team in 92+93. :D
    sennies1980
    Prospect
    Prospect

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2008-12-16

Post by sennies1980 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:52 pm

haah true enough! but i was still a fan!

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:31 pm

sennies1980 wrote:haah true enough! but i was still a fan!
    I was a Nordiques fan back then. Than the Nordiques became the NoDicks so I became a Sens fan.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54296
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:56 pm

This draft year wreaks of the Daigle/Pronger fiasco with Tavares/Hedman. I'm sure Tavares will be good, but it sounds eerily familiar.
    Acrobat
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

Post by Acrobat on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:18 am

504Heater wrote:This draft year wreaks of the Daigle/Pronger fiasco with Tavares/Hedman. I'm sure Tavares will be good, but it sounds eerily familiar.

You've just cemented in my mind the fact that we have to take Hedman over Tavares if we have the option.
    Hell, at this point, you've got me wondering if it would be better to take Cowen over Tavares. And that's just not right.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:02 am