PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54586
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Neil and a 3rd for Schneider

Post by PTFlea on Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:20 pm

Anaheim likes their rugged, gritty forwards and needs to shed some salary. They shed 4.5 million and add a good player.
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 3032

Re: Neil and a 3rd for Schneider

Post by Cronie on Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:22 pm

I think it's a fair deal in terms of what is going for what is returning, and especially since we would be doing Burke a favor!
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:23 pm

Cronenbergfan wrote:I think it's a fair deal in terms of what is going for what is returning, and especially since we would be doing Burke a favor!

Neil would fit in there very well IMO.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13620

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:25 pm

Well seeing as I had that exact question as a poll with a yes or no and I voted yes I figure I better be consistant :D I voted fair deal for both sides.

- Unknown Author
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 3032

Post by Cronie on Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:35 pm

504Heater wrote:
    Cronenbergfan wrote:I think it's a fair deal in terms of what is going for what is returning, and especially since we would be doing Burke a favor!

Neil would fit in there very well IMO.

Exactly. While I would hate to part with Neil if he regains his form from 2 seasons ago, for the return, it would be well worth it!
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:36 pm

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Well seeing as I had that exact question as a poll with a yes or no and I voted yes I figure I better be consistant :D I voted fair deal for both sides.

Did you? I had suggested it earlier, but I wanted to break it in here. Sad Fine....eat it.
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7429
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by rooneypoo on Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:38 pm

504Heater wrote:Anaheim likes their rugged, gritty forwards and needs to shed some salary. They shed 4.5 million and add a good player.

Do we just bracket the fact that we simply can't afford to have Mesz and Schneider on the same team? It's a real issue.

Anyway, ANA would take the deal in a second, I'd think; Neil is precisely the kind of player that they love. I'd have a hard time giving up on Neil this early, tho', even if it didn't put us in a financial pickle.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13620

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:01 pm

504Heater wrote:
    Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Well seeing as I had that exact question as a poll with a yes or no and I voted yes I figure I better be consistant :D I voted fair deal for both sides.

Did you? I had suggested it earlier, but I wanted to break it in here. Sad Fine....eat it.

Yup! Here's the link.

http://www.gmhockey.com/gm-central-home-for-armchair-gms-f1/do-you-want-schneider-t4.htm

- Unknown Author
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:03 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
    Do we just bracket the fact that we simply can't afford to have Mesz and Schneider on the same team? It's a real issue.

Anyway, ANA would take the deal in a second, I'd think; Neil is precisely the kind of player that they love. I'd have a hard time giving up on Neil this early, tho', even if it didn't put us in a financial pickle.

Son of a ****, I forgot about that. When do I ever forget about that!? I'll add that option in.

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:59 pm

I hate the idea of losing Neil, now more than ever
    Sp00nz
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 251
    Favorite Team : Edmonton
    Registration date : 2008-08-15

Post by Sp00nz on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:33 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
    504Heater wrote:Anaheim likes their rugged, gritty forwards and needs to shed some salary. They shed 4.5 million and add a good player.

Neil doesn't have a horrible salary, and from interviews I've heard and read he seems damned motivated to get his game back up to par.

He had one bad year after a so-so year. The year before that he scored 16 or so goals and led the league in hits. If he returns to that form, he is one of the best bargains in the league.

Perhaps its a bit of a gamble, but not a costly one. I'd much rather see what Neil can do with a new coach than see him lead the league in hits with the Ducks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:04 am