Deadline Day Scenarios

davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 6803
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

Re: Deadline Day Scenarios

Post by davetherave on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:24 pm

N4L, as you might expect, I watched the Hawks-Sharks last night--great game BTW--and IMHO they already have energy players like Neil in Byfuglien, Burish, and Eager, so Neil would be superfluous.

I have suggested Scotty Bowman and Dale Tallon may want to add a PK/faceoff man to compliment Versteeg as they are weak in those areas. So I see Vermette or perhaps Sammy Pahlsson as a fit.

They can also use a big forward who can score in front of the net, so I think Antropov may be on their radar; or a vet like Weight, Guerin or Tkachuk.

Martin Havlat wants to re-sign in Chicago which is good for both.

Re: Neil, he is a very affordable option for any number of contenders and bubble teams. There was also talk of him to the Sharks.

PS you are right on about Spezza needing to find a new home. But something tells me that Heatley may be on someone's shopping list.

Last edited by davetherave on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:27 pm

davetherave wrote:N4L, as you might expect, I watched the Hawks-Sharks last night--great game BTW--and IMHO they already have energy players like Neil in Byfuglien, Burish, and Eager, so Neil would be superfluous.

I have suggested Scotty Bowman and Dale Tallon may want to add a PK/faceoff man to compliment Versteeg as they are weak in those areas. So I see Vermette or perhaps Sammy Pahlsson as a fit.

They can also use a big forward who can score in front of the net, so I think Antropov may be on their radar; or a vet like Weight, Guerin or Tkachuk.

Martin Havlat wants to re-sign in Chicago which is good for both.

Re: Neil, he is a very affordable option for any number of contenders and bubble teams. There was also talk of him to the Sharks.

PS you are right on about Spezza needing to find a new home. But something tells me that Heatley may be on someone's shopping list.

Heatley will decide his own fate. Damned NMC Sad

davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by davetherave on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:30 pm

Yes he will Hem, but do you think Heatley really wants to stay in Ottawa? He sure doesn't look like it.

Last edited by davetherave on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:35 pm

davetherave wrote:Yes he will Hem, but do you think Heatley really wants to stay in Ottawa? He sure doesn't look like it.

Well, he's got several years left so no, but he could easily agree to only go to certain team(s). Unless he agrees to several teams (or best case any team), we won't be getting maximum value. In a dream scenario, we deal him to Columbus for Filatov, Russell, another prospect and a 1st. Columbus won't be bringing on that salary though, especially when they still need to sign Nash.

Depending on if the team decides to do a full rebuild or not, I'd like to see Fisher gone first, then Vermette, then if the right deal is there, Phillips.
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

Favorite Team : Chicago

Post by davetherave on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:38 pm

hemlock wrote:
    davetherave wrote:Yes he will Hem, but do you think Heatley really wants to stay in Ottawa? He sure doesn't look like it.

Well, he's got several years left so no, but he could easily agree to only go to certain team(s). Unless he agrees to several teams (or best case any team), we won't be getting maximum value. In a dream scenario, we deal him to Columbus for Filatov, Russell, another prospect and a 1st. Columbus won't be bringing on that salary though, especially when they still need to sign Nash.

Depending on if the team decides to do a full rebuild or not, I'd like to see Fisher gone first, then Vermette, then if the right deal is there, Phillips.

Who do you think the buyers are for Fisher and Phillips?
    dennycrane
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2121
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-17

Post by dennycrane on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:12 pm

Phillips won't be dealt. He hasn't had a good year, but he more than a lot of players, deserves a mulligan.

Kelly is the guy on a long-term deal that Murray should move. I think the team will see how Fisher does with an extended run on the wing. If that doesn't provide any better results, Fisher could be moved around the draft. I see a team like Toronto, Colorado, or LA being interested in Fisher.

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:40 pm

dennycrane wrote:Phillips won't be dealt. He hasn't had a good year, but he more than a lot of players, deserves a mulligan.

Kelly is the guy on a long-term deal that Murray should move. I think the team will see how Fisher does with an extended run on the wing. If that doesn't provide any better results, Fisher could be moved around the draft. I see a team like Toronto, Colorado, or LA being interested in Fisher.

I don't think he'll be dealt either, but if we go into full rebuild mode, we ought to consider it. We already have a cheap Volchie to help transition young guys in. Phillips could fetch a nice package in return, and let's face it, he isn't getting any better....or younger.

For $2 million, I'd rather keep Kelly. He's versatile. If Fisher would waive, I'd trade him so fast, Carrie Underwood's head would spin.
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by davetherave on Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:04 pm

How about Mike Fisher for Carrie Underwood?
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 11867
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by Riprock on Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:05 pm

Just passing on what I am hearing, but Detroit is very serious about getting Bouwmeester, to replace their aging defence (Chelios and Lidstrom).
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by davetherave on Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:23 pm

Now THAT's a deal JayBo will take.

Detroit has more than a few players to send Jumpin Jacques Martin in return...starting with Jiri Hudler.

What are your further thoughts, Dash?
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 11867
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by Riprock on Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:49 pm

I think it makes sense from their perspective. Can they afford him is another scenario. They extended Zetterberg, and Hossa's gotta be gone in order to make room cap wise.

Franzen might be the guy the have to move to get him, at least that what I want if I am Florida.
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by davetherave on Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:01 pm

DashRiprock wrote:I think it makes sense from their perspective. Can they afford him is another scenario. They extended Zetterberg, and Hossa's gotta be gone in order to make room cap wise.

Franzen might be the guy the have to move to get him, at least that what I want if I am Florida.

From what I am reading out of Detroit, Hossa is gone next year. That alone takes 7.45MM off the books. More than enough to sign JayBo.

Cheli, Aaron Downey, McCarty, Kopecky and Samuelsson are also UFAs, freeing up another potential 3MM.

http://nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=DET&season=0809

What I also read: Holland wants to keep The Mule.

Jiri Hudler (RFA now at 1.15) is tradeable, as is Ville Leino (RFA at .875MM). Jacques Martin and Pete DeBoer would be very pleased to get them.

Holland might throw in Brad Stuart. He has plenty of talent in his pipeline.

The thought of the Red Wings with JayBo is frightening.

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:38 pm

There's no way Leino is going anywhere. They've got plenty of talent to send FLA's way, though...

It really is scary to think about that team with Bouw...
    Acrobat
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

Post by Acrobat on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:17 pm

cash wrote:There's no way Leino is going anywhere. They've got plenty of talent to send FLA's way, though...

It really is scary to think about that team with Bouw...

Would they have to make a cup for the SCF loser?
    Because Stanley would move to Detroit permanently.

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:37 pm

3 D making 6M+ and Kronwall locked in at a nice rate, plus two of the best 2-way forwards in the game and a seemingly neverending sea of quality prospects...
    Definitely scary.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54591
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:02 am

I wouldn't touch J-Bo if I was Detroit. The summer after next has a bounty of D to start looking at, but realistically Lidstrom has another 3 Norris seasons left before he declines. They have plenty of time IMO.
    Acrobat
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

Post by Acrobat on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:09 am

I say that if they can lock him in for a decent cap hit, they should. Their defense would be capable of scoring more than our entire team will this year.
    As an Ottawa fan, I'd be pissed because I want him here on our blue line, but it'd be good for the Wings.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54591
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:12 am

Acrobat wrote:I say that if they can lock him in for a decent cap hit, they should. Their defense would be capable of scoring more than our entire team will this year.
    As an Ottawa fan, I'd be pissed because I want him here on our blue line, but it'd be good for the Wings.

Define a decent cap hit. This is the chance of Bouwmeester's life - right here - right now. It's probably the only time he'll ever be up for UFA status with a bunch of nobodys in his class. He'll be literally the most sought after player in the last 5+ years. This time he's better than Campbell, there's no Boyle on the market right now. The next best D might be Ohlund. I don't support players cashing in, but this is his time to take a 8 X 8 package with pretty much any team on the cusp (here please!) and get paid.

Or he could leave 2 million per year on the table and sign a 6 million per year with Detroit if he really wants. His agent will beg him not to though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:51 pm