More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

    Share

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

    Post by Guest on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:49 pm

    asq2 wrote:
    hemlock wrote:I'm inclined to agree with asq2. I don't think LA makes this deal anyway without sending salary back. They will need it soon enough to start paying these young guys. Therefore:

    Spezza for O'Sullivan, Hickey, 1st

    I'm not swapping firsts with them either. Lombardi can take this deal or eat my Donkey.

    Still no thanks for me. Hickey is a redundant prospect with Karlsson, Lee and Wiercioch in the system (we need an all-around #1 like Hedman or Bouwmeester IMO), O'Sullivan isn't a centre to replace Spezza and the first isn't particularly good.

    Spezza is 25. Heatley is 28. Heatley is worse, more expensive and has more value. He's willing to waive his NTC.

    Why would you deal Spezza over Heatley?

    I wouldn't. I've said for awhile, my preference is to deal Heatley. Is this public knowledge that he'd waive? I've heard rumblings, but is this confiirmed somewhere?

    jamvan
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1630
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

    Post by jamvan on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:53 pm

    hemlock wrote:
    jamvan wrote:I'm telling you guys 100% that Spezza is going nowhere. Believe what you like, but there's no way LA would even consider this. As well, Spezza is playing hurt, even though nothing has been said.

    Anybody going to the game tonight or Saturday, watch how often he stretches his back and even moreso today, stays away from contact.

    There will be no blockbuster deal in Ottawa this year folks.

    Fine, deal Heatley. But one of them has to go. End of Story.
    Heatley is going nowhere either.

    I don't get it. We've got Heatley, Spezza and Alfie...the only guys that can score on this team and you want to trade away 1 of them!!!! That's why you aren't a GM I guess. No disrespect, but even if you bring in a Teubert and Kopitar, for arguments sake, this steam will still lack talent and suck. There's no overnight remedy here and people need to realize that.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

    Post by Guest on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:11 pm

    I thought you guys understood that once we get some PMD's, Spezza, Heatley and the rest of our offense will be back to being the highest scoring team in the league again.

    Do you think you would have fun playing on this team right now when you know that you can't get anything going through the neutral zone? That is how Spezza and Heatley feel.

    Do you think it is a coincidence that SJ and Boston score so much all of the sudden?

    Please have some patience with Spezza and Heater. Don't get clouded by some of your issues.
    avatar
    jamvan
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1630
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

    Post by jamvan on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:28 pm

    notch4077 wrote:I thought you guys understood that once we get some PMD's, Spezza, Heatley and the rest of our offense will be back to being the highest scoring team in the league again.

    Do you think you would have fun playing on this team right now when you know that you can't get anything going through the neutral zone? That is how Spezza and Heatley feel.

    Do you think it is a coincidence that SJ and Boston score so much all of the sudden?

    Please have some patience with Spezza and Heater. Don't get clouded by some of your issues.
    Exaclty and great point!

    SJ - has Boyle
    BOS - has Chara & Wideman
    Ott - has Phillips

    There's the wild card.
    avatar
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5817
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

    Post by PKC on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:03 pm

    I pretty much creamed my pants when I thought of this:

    Bouwmeester - Karlsson
    Volchenkov - Teubert
    Lee - Weircioch
    avatar
    Jordo
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 675
    Location : Kanata, Ont.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

    Post by Jordo on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:25 pm

    Exactly PKC. If we gave up one of Spezza/Heatley we could do that. Depending on how we draft we could replace Lee with Hedman/Cowen or draft a forward like Tavares, MSP, Kane, Schroeder or Duchene.
    avatar
    asq2
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7179
    Favorite Team : Detroit
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

    Post by asq2 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:57 pm

    PKC wrote:I pretty much creamed my pants when I thought of this:

    Bouwmeester - Karlsson
    Volchenkov - Teubert
    Lee - Weircioch

    And Bouwmeester would sign here why?

    The taxes, the city, the weather, the media or the team success?

    He and Spezza are good friends, that might have been a selling point had we not dealt Spezza for Brendan Witt Jr.

    Plus Volchenkov and Teubert wouldn't be able to negotiate the puck out of our zone. Ever.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

    Post by LeCaptain on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:58 pm

    asq2 wrote:
    PKC wrote:I pretty much creamed my pants when I thought of this:

    Bouwmeester - Karlsson
    Volchenkov - Teubert
    Lee - Weircioch

    And Bouwmeester would sign here why?

    The taxes, the city, the weather, the media or the team success?

    The Friday night booty party at Spezza's mansion?
    avatar
    asq2
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7179
    Favorite Team : Detroit
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

    Post by asq2 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:00 pm

    Spezza's gone for Teubert.
    avatar
    Number Twenty Nine
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1680
    Age : 95
    Location : Forth Worth, Texas
    Favorite Team : Dallas
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

    Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

    Post by Number Twenty Nine on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:02 pm

    notch4077 wrote:I thought you guys understood that once we get some PMD's, Spezza, Heatley and the rest of our offense will be back to being the highest scoring team in the league again.

    Do you think you would have fun playing on this team right now when you know that you can't get anything going through the neutral zone? That is how Spezza and Heatley feel.

    Do you think it is a coincidence that SJ and Boston score so much all of the sudden?

    Please have some patience with Spezza and Heater. Don't get clouded by some of your issues.

    +1 that brothah!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

    Post by Guest on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:37 pm

    notch4077 wrote:I thought you guys understood that once we get some PMD's, Spezza, Heatley and the rest of our offense will be back to being the highest scoring team in the league again.

    Do you think you would have fun playing on this team right now when you know that you can't get anything going through the neutral zone? That is how Spezza and Heatley feel.

    Do you think it is a coincidence that SJ and Boston score so much all of the sudden?

    Please have some patience with Spezza and Heater. Don't get clouded by some of your issues.

    Perfect example just now against Boston;
    Somebody (Bell) finally makes a perfect pass through the neutral zone and hits a forward (Foligno) on the tape and in stride. End result: is a beautiful goal.

    PMD will make all (not just our Big 3) so much better. Remember the days of Vermette, Schaefer and Eaves scoring 20 goals. Neil even got 16 for Christ's sake.

    When we had puck movers, Spezza didn't need to try to do everything on his own like he feels he has to this year without them. He was his normal playmaking self and only chipped in for 19 goals just for the fun of it.

    If you trade Spezza or Heatley, be prepared to watch them flourish like they did for us on a regualr basis only 12 short months ago.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24763
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:07 am

    Chris Stevenson mentioned that a deal was done in the last couple of days for a defenseman and the other GM got cold feet.
    avatar
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 3032
    Age : 37
    Location : East of Ottawa..
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

    Post by Cronie on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:10 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:Chris Stevenson mentioned that a deal was done in the last couple of days for a defenseman and the other GM got cold feet.

    Isn't that always the way..?

    Any word on who was coming, going?
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24763
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:14 am

    Cronenbergfan wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:Chris Stevenson mentioned that a deal was done in the last couple of days for a defenseman and the other GM got cold feet.

    Isn't that always the way..?

    Any word on who was coming, going?

    Of course not. Stevenson isn't a typical rumour monger but he seemed pretty adamant that Ottawa would be making deals sooner or later.

    Bob McKenzie, on TSN, stated that neither Spezza or Heatley would fetch anything of value until the summer (Heatley being the more valuable of the two).
    avatar
    Phoenix30
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1271
    Age : 44
    Location : Turner Valley, Alberta
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-15

    Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

    Post by Phoenix30 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:16 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Cronenbergfan wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:Chris Stevenson mentioned that a deal was done in the last couple of days for a defenseman and the other GM got cold feet.

    Isn't that always the way..?

    Any word on who was coming, going?

    Of course not. Stevenson isn't a typical rumour monger but he seemed pretty adamant that Ottawa would be making deals sooner or later.

    Bob McKenzie, on TSN, stated that neither Spezza or Heatley would fetch anything of value until the summer (Heatley being the more valuable of the two).

    Both have value but he mentioned that a team wouldnt want to sell the farm now in mid season but rather in the Summer when teams would looking at retooling.

    Sponsored content

    Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:55 pm