Avatars! What are you sportin' and why?

    Share

    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why?

    Post by Riprock on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:07 am

    For me at least I cannot be forced into liking something, it just has to happen.

    I'll agree with you that the best music is probably the music you never really hear about.

    If anyone was ever a fan of the now defunct Canadian bands The Tea Party, I Mother Earth, you can now catch ex-TTP drummer Jeff Burrows, former IME frontman Edwin, ex-OLP guitarist Mike Turner and ex-Zygote bassist Amir Epstein in their new project, Crash Karma.

    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why?

    Post by shabbs on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:20 am

    DashRiprock wrote:For me at least I cannot be forced into liking something, it just has to happen.

    I'll agree with you that the best music is probably the music you never really hear about.

    If anyone was ever a fan of the now defunct Canadian bands The Tea Party, I Mother Earth, you can now catch ex-TTP drummer Jeff Burrows, former IME frontman Edwin, ex-OLP guitarist Mike Turner and ex-Zygote bassist Amir Epstein in their new project, Crash Karma.
    I will certainly check that project out - I'm a fan of all those bands you mentioned. I did get to see IME live (with Edwin) in Porter Hall at Carleton U.

    A little-know band at the time called "Stabbing Westward" opened for them and I became a fan of theirs instantly.

    I agree, often it's the lesser known and lesser played bands that really get your love, the ones you discover by accident or by referral from friends.

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why?

    Post by SensFan71 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:42 pm

    well obviously, you can just see mine as the Sens logo, pretty easy reason why it is that too, huge fan since they came back in the league. have been looking to branch out, but just haven't found anything that has peaked my interest....yet.

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Age : 38
    Location : Dorchester, NB
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why?

    Post by SensFan71 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:47 pm

    just found something that i wanted to change to, in honour of Jason making his return to the big screen in 2 days.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why?

    Post by Guest on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:38 pm

    My current one is because I saw it elsewhere and had to have it. Yes, I stole it. No, I feel no shame or remorse over this.

    My favorite is still the stickman avatar. R.I.P.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why?

    Post by Guest on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:41 pm

    hemlock wrote:My current one is because I saw it elsewhere and had to have it. Yes, I stole it. No, I feel no shame or remorse over this.

    My favorite is still the stickman avatar. R.I.P.
    R.I.P. Dickie 🇳🇴
    avatar
    Number Twenty Nine
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1680
    Age : 95
    Location : Forth Worth, Texas
    Favorite Team : Dallas
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

    Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why?

    Post by Number Twenty Nine on Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:12 pm

    Chucky, because Clouston looks like Chucky

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why?

    Post by Guest on Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:22 pm

    I think I'm going to stick with this one for a while.
    avatar
    asq2
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7179
    Favorite Team : Detroit
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why?

    Post by asq2 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:30 pm

    For some reason, Tuk, your avatar doesn't show up for me.

    Unless it's supposed to be the little box with the red x in it.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why?

    Post by Guest on Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:38 pm

    asq2 wrote:For some reason, Tuk, your avatar doesn't show up for me.

    Unless it's supposed to be the little box with the red x in it.
    is anyone else having this problem? this is my avatar-
    avatar
    asq2
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7179
    Favorite Team : Detroit
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why?

    Post by asq2 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:46 pm

    Tukker wrote:
    asq2 wrote:For some reason, Tuk, your avatar doesn't show up for me.

    Unless it's supposed to be the little box with the red x in it.
    is anyone else having this problem? this is my avatar-



    This is what I'm seeing at the moment. scratch

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why?

    Post by Guest on Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:47 pm

    asq2 wrote:
    Tukker wrote:
    asq2 wrote:For some reason, Tuk, your avatar doesn't show up for me.

    Unless it's supposed to be the little box with the red x in it.
    is anyone else having this problem? this is my avatar-



    This is what I'm seeing at the moment. scratch
    Ill try saving the image on my computer, and then uploading it on here.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48897
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why?

    Post by wprager on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:03 pm

    I don't even see a little red x.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why?

    Post by Guest on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:05 pm

    how about now?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why?

    Post by Guest on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:45 pm

    Im not entirely sure what mine is...but it makes me smile every time i see it
    avatar
    caissie_1
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1579
    Age : 28
    Location : New-Brunswick
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

    Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why?

    Post by caissie_1 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:30 pm

    Just switched it to MSP! Why because if we dont get the big 2 this is probably the player I want the sens to draft the most. Duchene isnt to far back!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why?

    Post by Sponsored content

      Similar topics

      -

      Current date/time is Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:21 pm