Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Share

    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:20 pm

    When I used to frequent chat sites I used the handle

    WillChatForFood and like you Pragues it was a pain to type out and most just called me Will.

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Post by SensFan71 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:28 pm

    well I am like the few others that have obvious handles on here, first I am a Sens Fan, the 71 obviously being for Nick Foligno, always was a huge fan of his dad when he played (even the blip that he played for the Laughs), so when Ottawa drafted Nick, I knew he was going to be a solid player for us for years to come. (please don't trade him BM)

    Snuh
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 293
    Registration date : 2008-08-14

    Re: Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Post by Snuh on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:34 pm

    Been a big time Simpsons fan for years, even though the show started to suck a few years ago.

    You can look to my sig. for exact details of the origins of "Snuh".
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54637
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:36 pm

    SensFan71 wrote:well I am like the few others that have obvious handles on here, first I am a Sens Fan, the 71 obviously being for Nick Foligno, always was a huge fan of his dad when he played (even the blip that he played for the Laughs), so when Ottawa drafted Nick, I knew he was going to be a solid player for us for years to come. (please don't trade him BM)

    Ah. I thought it was 71 as in 1971.

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Age : 37
    Location : Dorchester, NB
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Post by SensFan71 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:39 pm

    504Heater wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:well I am like the few others that have obvious handles on here, first I am a Sens Fan, the 71 obviously being for Nick Foligno, always was a huge fan of his dad when he played (even the blip that he played for the Laughs), so when Ottawa drafted Nick, I knew he was going to be a solid player for us for years to come. (please don't trade him BM)

    Ah. I thought it was 71 as in 1971.

    nah, was a good thought, but I was born in 1980, I missed the good years of the 70's and early 80's because I was learning to walk, gosh darnit :lol!:
    avatar
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 5050
    Age : 36
    Location : GO SENS!
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Post by SensGirl11 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:44 pm

    Ummmm. I love ALFIE!!!! He's by far my favorite Sen and always will be. He's a heroic player. I can't wait to see him raise the Cup!!!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Post by Guest on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:35 pm

    To set the stage... I was a chubby child. I loved to eat chocolate and ice cream. It made me smile and allowed me to forget that I had to lift up my belly to go to the bathroom.

    One day, on my tenth birthday, I calmly waddled outside when I heard the 'Dickie Dee' cart ringing it's familiar 'come hither' bell. In the excitement I had a minor accident in my shorts. I was torn between the desire to satisfy my craving versus the potential for embarrassment. So I puled my t-shirt down to cover the evidence of my pant wetting and ran for the magical cart.

    When I finally caught up, it was if the heaven's themselves had opened. Fudgecicles, Rockets, Ice Cream Sandwiches, Chipwiches... oh yummy! So I ordered my requisite 3 Fudgecicles and paid $1.50. When the scrawny kid noticed my wet stain and made a comment, I was embarrassed, I cried and it made him all the braver. He told me that if I didn't give him the rest of my money he would tell the kids at school of my accident.

    I had no choice. I took one of my Fudgecicle sticks, pulled it in half and jammed it into his little wee neck. I looked around and realized there was no-one. No witnesses at all. So I folded up his twig-like body, stuffed it into the little cooler section of the cart and wheeled him to Brittania Bay as fast as I could. I drove the cart off the docks at the marina and swam back in time to see the Dickie Dee cart slowly slip into the murky waters never to be seen again.

    I have not mentioned it to this day but that is my story. It is a secret confession, a shameful moniker if you will...

    Either that or it was a quote from comedian Jim Murray 'Hockey is like Murder On Ice'


    Last edited by MurderOnIce on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54637
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:39 pm

    Holy diddle that was funny Murder.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Post by Guest on Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:42 pm

    tukker was my great grandfather's name(Dutch). Because I spent alot of my life in Europe(about a decade in Switzerland), it was more appropriate and culturally accepted to go by Tukker than Christian.
    avatar
    smash88
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1354
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-26

    Re: Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Post by smash88 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:32 pm

    Mine comes from the good old days of early high school when "Smash" by Offspring came out... I used to listen to that CD non stop... eventually I needed a handle for something and used that... I added 8 because that was my favorite number and then it became 88 as I found Smash8 was usually already taken Smile .. 88 has since been my number in most things... Nope it has nothing to do with Lindros, as i've been asked so many times :D
    avatar
    Bramlet07
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1217
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

    Re: Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Post by Bramlet07 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:08 pm

    'Bramlet' comes from an interview Stephen Colbert did with a congresswoman who had want to be a judge. He then acted out a judge judyesque show playing both Bramlet Ambercrombie and his girlfriend. Its priceless, i'm a huge Colbert Report fan. The 07 comes from a story similar to smashs '88'. On other sites i use the handle 'Bob Loblaw' as not only is it cool to say but its a tribute to the best show ever made Arrested Development.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Post by Guest on Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:15 pm

    Bramlet07 wrote:'Bramlet' comes from an interview Stephen Colbert did with a congresswoman who had want to be a judge. He then acted out a judge judyesque show playing both Bramlet Ambercrombie and his girlfriend. Its priceless, i'm a huge Colbert Report fan. The 07 comes from a story similar to smashs '88'. On other sites i use the handle 'Bob Loblaw' as not only is it cool to say but its a tribute to the best show ever made Arrested Development.
    I still cannot believe they canceled it... 🇳🇴
    avatar
    The Silfer Server
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2270
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-10-14

    Re: Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Post by The Silfer Server on Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:35 pm

    Tukker wrote:
    Bramlet07 wrote:'Bramlet' comes from an interview Stephen Colbert did with a congresswoman who had want to be a judge. He then acted out a judge judyesque show playing both Bramlet Ambercrombie and his girlfriend. Its priceless, i'm a huge Colbert Report fan. The 07 comes from a story similar to smashs '88'. On other sites i use the handle 'Bob Loblaw' as not only is it cool to say but its a tribute to the best show ever made Arrested Development.
    I still cannot believe they canceled it... 🇳🇴

    There's talk about a movie in 2010 though.
    avatar
    pgood
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 248
    Age : 107
    Location : Burlington, Ontario
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

    Re: Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Post by pgood on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:08 pm

    Mine name originated in high school as somewhat of a joke, and has stuck around since, mostly out of convenience.

    My buddy and I were fans of the band Powderfinger. One day I was telling him that Powderfinger was playing a concert in Toronto and he replied, "Who, Patterson Good?" Later on we needed to register for some stupid thing online, so we created a fake email (which it turns out we later actually needed something from the website and had to create the coresponding email account [an account I still use to this day]) and registered with the fake name Patterson Good. Then like many others have complained about PattersonGood is just too damn long to always be typing, so I got lazy and shortened it to pgood.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Post by Guest on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:33 pm

    Mine is a poison. It was used to execute Socrates. Why? I dunno.

    I did have 34 on there, but that's because Hemlock was in use on IRC where I originally used it.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Post by Guest on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:06 pm

    I just changed mine from tukker. I think this one is better personally.
    avatar
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Post by davetherave on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:23 pm

    DashRiprock wrote:Last name is Dash, and Dash Riprock was a character on the Beverly Hillbillies (though I never really watched the show), and Riprock just sounds cool - it's like R.I.P. Rock, cause in many ways ROCK as we once knew (though it was before my time, I still grew up on it) is DEAD!

    Do you remember which actor played Dash Riprock?
    avatar
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Post by davetherave on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:43 pm

    I got mine from a friend in high school back in the sixties. Haven't found a better one.
    :pirat:

    Sponsored content

    Re: Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:45 am