Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!!

Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!!

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:38 am

Paddock very critical of Murray, from the SUn today...

"BUFFALO -- It sounds like sour grapes, but John Paddock has offered his two cents on the state of the Senators.

The former Senators coach, who was fired last Feb. 26 and is now coach of the AHL's Philadelphia Phantoms, told the Camden Courier-Post the team's talent assembled isn't good enough and GM Bryan Murray will likely be held accountable if the team doesn't improve.

"I think now (Murray's) next in line (to be fired)," Paddock told the suburban Philly newspaper. "We were 14 games over .500 when I was fired. They're seven under now. Somebody needs to take responsibility for that. Whether the coaches he hired and fired are good or not, they're his players and they're either not playing good or can't play, one or the other."

Asked what he thought was the case, Paddock said: "The players are not very good, that's the problem."

Craig Hartsburg's firing has come with some positive results.

The Senators are competing harder and the practice habits have been more up-tempo since Cory Clouston took over from Hartsburg...."

Throw the GM under the bus and the players, wow. The grapes are sour my friend. Perhaps it was because you didn't do a good coaching job. Perhaps Hartsburg talked a good game about accountability and never did anything. Maybe, just maybe those are the problems too.
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 5050
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

Re: Holy Sour Grapes Batman!!!

Post by SensGirl11 on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:45 am

I don't know why he would think we would care what an AHL coach thinks about our team. He's just bitter and sad. He should keep his mouth shut.

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:47 am

SensGirl11 wrote:I don't know why he would think we would care what an AHL coach thinks about our team. He's just bitter and sad. He should keep his mouth shut.

You are correct. He just seems to come off like a sore loser and an excuse maker. Poor choice Paddock. Hope you enjoy the 'A', the big show won't be calling after this...

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:48 am

If that doesn't inspire the players, then nothing will.
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 11867
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by Riprock on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:03 am

Why is it always sour grapes when an ex-coach, player, GM, whomever tells it like it is? We all are aware there is something wrong, and as fans we express ourselves, 99.9% of us having no clue as to what the atmosphere is actually like in there. Yet when someone who has been there speaks out, they are chastised by some people for speaking their mind?
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 3032
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cronie on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:06 am

ah perfect! I'm glad someone started a thread on this... When I was scanning the Sun and came across this crap, I was half-pissed, half-laughing... What a freakin' TOOL!! Murray's next...
    Well, first off, DUH!!! Tell us and the entire league and legions of fans something they don't KNOW John... and 2nd, who f**kin' cares what you think?? Your opinions have already been tainted in the court of public opinion in regards to anything you have to say or offer in regards to the Sens as you are and have been marginalized and thus been let go; herego the "sour grapes" rule applies.

As Stargate so eloquently put it, John just needs to know or be told WHEN to shut his frankin' mouth!
    caissie_1
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1579
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

Post by caissie_1 on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:06 am

Who cares really about Paddock. The guy is a joke. The only way hell ever make it on to sports press is by bashing the Sens. Way to go Paddock you are gonna be mentionned on TSN. You definetly hit the big leagues.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24788
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:07 am

Good for Paddock. I hope HArtsburg follows suit.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54641

Post by PTFlea on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:08 am

Hartsburg should shut the Diddle up. Now. He was horrendous, but he could still coach again in the NHL. Paddock just realized that he will never coach in the NHL again and he got upset.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13624

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:14 am

If and ONLY IF Clouston actually makes a difference with this team and it's actually NOT the players then I'll be willing to say Paddock is an idiot and Hartsburg was also a bad hire. Still goes back to Murray if both coaches sucked arse though.

- Unknown Author
    Jordo
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 675
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by Jordo on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:16 am

So true Heater... exactly.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24788
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:18 am

504Heater wrote:Hartsburg should shut the Diddle up. Now. He was horrendous, but he could still coach again in the NHL. Paddock just realized that he will never coach in the NHL again and he got upset.

I agree. But if Hartsburg shuts the diddle up, I don't get the entertainment I crave and that would suck.

Fire at will, Hartsy!!!
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

More Yellow Journalism

Post by davetherave on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:21 am

This is just another example of the media whipping up controversy.

The headline screams: PADDOCK BLAMES MURRAY

Paddock simply said (and we don't know what the question was):

"I think now (Murray's) next in line. We were 14 games over .500 when I was fired. They're seven under now. Somebody needs to take responsibility for that. Whether the coaches he hired and fired were good or not, they're his players and they're either not playing good or can't play, one or the other."

Simply stated. There's no sour grapes there.

If you buy in to this manufactured controversy you are basically letting your opinion be manipulated by TSN and Sun Media.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54641

Post by PTFlea on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:39 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    I agree. But if Hartsburg shuts the diddle up, I don't get the entertainment I crave and that would suck.

Fire at will, Hartsy!!!

LOL. That's hilarious.
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 3032

Post by Cronie on Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:29 pm

Yeah, we're all about entertainment! Smile

Sponsored content