BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal?

    Share

    asq2
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7179
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal?

    Post by asq2 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:10 pm

    OK, so apparently this was just from the "Inbox" segment of Sportsnet where they read fan-suggested proposals.

    I hope, anyway.

    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal?

    Post by shabbs on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:14 pm

    I smell a false alert...

    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5817
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal?

    Post by PKC on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:16 pm

    asq2 wrote:OK, so apparently this was just from the "Inbox" segment of Sportsnet where they read fan-suggested proposals.

    I hope, anyway.

    Might have been. Again, my friend called me and said he saw this on Sportsnet, so I assumed that he wasn't an idiot. It seems like this is untrue. Or, maybe they are waiting until after tonight's game to finalize the deal. Who knows.
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal?

    Post by shabbs on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:18 pm

    PKC wrote:
    asq2 wrote:OK, so apparently this was just from the "Inbox" segment of Sportsnet where they read fan-suggested proposals.

    I hope, anyway.

    Might have been. Again, my friend called me and said he saw this on Sportsnet, so I assumed that he wasn't an idiot. It seems like this is untrue. Or, maybe they are waiting until after tonight's game to finalize the deal. Who knows.
    Sportsnet has a segment called the Inbox where they read fan mail. Perhaps he caught that and mis-understood.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal?

    Post by Guest on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:02 pm

    asq2 wrote:
    Sens4thecup wrote:I could see Ottawa dealing Heatley for Staal & Whitney

    No thanks.

    Never been overly impressed with Staal and Ryan Whitney makes Brian Lee look like Anton Volchenkov in terms of grit.

    :lol!:

    Anyone see confirmation yet? I can't help but wonder if the Leafs could have gotten more for these guys individually? Kaberle is still on a sweetheart contract, Blake has been playing well, and Antropov could be a attractive commodity at the deadline.

    Maybe I don't see the value because I'm not a Whitney fan. Staal is a great pickup for anyone though.
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 33
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal?

    Post by Riprock on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:04 pm

    I can tell you it is 100% from Sportsnet's Inbox as part of their Fantasy GM tarde proposals. The proposed deal was on behalf of a Leaf fan suggesting the trade:

    Kaberle
    Blake
    Stajan

    for
    Staal
    Whitney
    2nd

    was a fair trade for both teams.
    avatar
    asq2
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7179
    Favorite Team : Detroit
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal?

    Post by asq2 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:24 pm

    DashRiprock wrote:I can tell you it is 100% from Sportsnet's Inbox as part of their Fantasy GM tarde proposals. The proposed deal was on behalf of a Leaf fan suggesting the trade.

    I feel incredibly immature for doing so, but I laughed at this.
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 33
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal?

    Post by Riprock on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:29 pm

    I type two finger style and often too fast for my brain, I make typos all the time lol. I also often capitalize the letter after the first letter. Though using Firefox I do have the spell checker, so there's no excuse for the errors.
    avatar
    asq2
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7179
    Favorite Team : Detroit
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal?

    Post by asq2 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:36 pm

    DashRiprock wrote:I type two finger style and often too fast for my brain, I make typos all the time lol. I also often capitalize the letter after the first letter. Though using Firefox I do have the spell checker, so there's no excuse for the errors.

    Heh, I'm not laughing that you made the typo, just at the typo itself.

    I'm inclined to agree with both statements you made in that post. Wink
    avatar
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal?

    Post by davetherave on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:56 pm

    This sounds bizarre to say the least.
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13608
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:58 pm

    Perhaps this should be moved to Random thoughts


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54296
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal?

    Post by PTFlea on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:18 am

    Staal is good, Whitney is a major downgrade from Kaberle. Not even close IMO. So Staal for Antropov and Blake? Only if they have an extension is place for Antropov. He'd be amazing with Malkin and Blake would be very good with Crosby.

    With Sykora, Satan and Fedetenko all coming off the books and with the shorter term on a better D-man creating some flexibility - this would be a great move for the Pens IMO.

    It would all hinge on if they can extend Antropov and for how much.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal?

    Post by Guest on Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:14 pm

    Kaberle-Gonchar would be up there with the best PP 1-2 punches in the league. It wouldn't quite be up to the Lidstrom-Rafalski duo, but it would definitely be better than a lot of teams can boast...
    Both teams get stronger instantly. In other words: I hate this trade.
    avatar
    asq2
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7179
    Favorite Team : Detroit
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal?

    Post by asq2 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:49 pm

    cash wrote:Kaberle-Gonchar would be up there with the best PP 1-2 punches in the league. It wouldn't quite be up to the Lidstrom-Rafalski duo, but it would definitely be better than a lot of teams can boast...
    Both teams get stronger instantly. In other words: I hate this trade.

    I don't know, though.

    Malkin's been playing the point on the PP and producing like crazy (obviously, being the leading Art Ross candidate). Many Pens fans feel the addition of Gonchar might actually cause Malkin's production level to go down.

    I'd strongly consider keeping Malkin on the point where he's obviously incredibly comfortable.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal?

    Post by Guest on Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:45 pm

    Fair enough - even still, you've got he best 2nd unit QB in the league with either of Gonchar or Kaberle manning that position. Throw in a 2nd unit consisting of Blake, Antro, and Satan and you're looking pretty sweet.

    Sponsored content

    Re: BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ALERT OR Proposal?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 am