Total Votes: 9

Urkie
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 638
    Registration date : 2008-08-26

Re: Ottawa-Florida

Post by Urkie on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:22 pm

I gave it a 5 because it's not something that Florida would do but the value is almost equal. They need offensive help so if they trade Bouwmeester then the big piece coming to them will likely be a forward. We'd have to give up a forward to get Bo I think.

rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7429
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by rooneypoo on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:52 pm

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I agree PFK. Hands down.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. I'd have a very hard time giving up Foligno and Zubov, especially this early in their careers, but I'd have to give it serious consideration. Bouw is a very rare item.

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:52 pm

Imo you guys massively over-inflate Bouwmeesters worth.
    just mo
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by rooneypoo on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:10 pm

cash wrote:Imo you guys massively over-inflate Bouwmeesters worth.
    just mo

And IMO, you massively under-rate Bouw's worth.

Look, I'd do McAmmond, a 7th, and a pack of smokes if I thought it would happen -- and after the Jokinen trade, I'll never say never with J Martin -- but I have my doubts on that ever coming about. I think it will take higher quality assets to land him -- and I think he'd be well worth it. Certainly I can't imagine FLA going for a deal that doesn't have a good young forward, a prospect, and a high draft pick. To me, that seems like any package for Bouw will have to include those elements.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13620
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:13 pm

I agree rooneypoo.

- Unknown Author

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:03 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
    just mo

Look, I'd do McAmmond, a 7th, and a pack of smokes if I thought it would happen -- and after the Jokinen trade, I'll never say never with J Martin -- but I have my doubts on that ever coming about. I think it will take higher quality assets to land him -- and I think he'd be well worth it. Certainly I can't imagine FLA going for a deal that doesn't have a good young forward, a prospect, and a high draft pick. To me, that seems like any package for Bouw will have to include those elements.
    Bouw is the post lockout, prototype mobile defensemen

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:39 am

rooneypoo wrote:
    just mo

I hear you, but the question is: Should we be willing to pay that price?
    My own answer is No. You're welcome to your opinion, but I seriously doubt his ability to perform in the playoffs and imo thats really all its about.
    As long as the team is good enough to make it there, the regular season is just prep work for the post-season, and the playoffs haven't changed all that much post-lockout.
    Obviously this is just speculation as Bouwmeester has never played in the post-season, so I will reserve my full judgment and watch his play a little more closely this season.
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by rooneypoo on Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:13 am

cash wrote:
    My own answer is No. You're welcome to your opinion, but I seriously doubt his ability to perform in the playoffs and imo thats really all its about.
    As long as the team is good enough to make it there, the regular season is just prep work for the post-season, and the playoffs haven't changed all that much post-lockout.
    Obviously this is just speculation as Bouwmeester has never played in the post-season, so I will reserve my full judgment and watch his play a little more closely this season.

I don't understand where stuff like this comes from. People laughed and scoffed at Luongo and his VAN deal for precisely this reason, too. "Oh, but he's never don it in the playoffs." I don't see any issue here. Like Luongo and like all elite players, J-Bo will be right at home in the playoffs if he finds himself on a team that can actually make the playoffs. Writing a guy off as a non-playoff performer before he's even had the chance to play for a team that can make it to the big show seems more than slightly premature in my mind, and no basis for dismissing him.
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5817
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by PKC on Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:48 am

I agree with rooneypoo, if anything he'd probably elevate his game just because he's been wanting to make the playoffs for what, his whole career?
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 3032
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cronie on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:01 am

rooneypoo wrote:
    cash wrote:

I don't understand where stuff like this comes from. People laughed and scoffed at Luongo and his VAN deal for precisely this reason, too. "Oh, but he's never don it in the playoffs." I don't see any issue here. Like Luongo and like all elite players, J-Bo will be right at home in the playoffs if he finds himself on a team that can actually make the playoffs. Writing a guy off as a non-playoff performer before he's even had the chance to play for a team that can make it to the big show seems more than slightly premature in my mind, and no basis for dismissing him.

Bang-on Rooneypoo! The fact is Jay-Bo is young and so if he should find himself on a bonafide contender, he should, in theory assuming he doesn't get too banged up during the regualr season, have LOTS of gas left in the tank to show the entire league what he's made of in the post-season. Just give him the chance to show everyone. Writing him off because he's been stuck in Florida is just assinine to me.

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:12 pm

PKC wrote:I agree with rooneypoo, if anything he'd probably elevate his game just because he's been wanting to make the playoffs for what, his whole career?
    like all of Florida's players, and their six fans fans

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:56 am