Total Votes: 13

beedub
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1036
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Re: Torts: Made In Manhattan

Post by beedub on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:17 am

I will be quite eager to read the posts of Ranger bloggers and the news as Torts comes in and raises Dung.

Love it, wish he was coming here to do it

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:39 am

beedub wrote:I will be quite eager to read the posts of Ranger bloggers and the news as Torts comes in and raises Dung.

Love it, wish he was coming here to do it

Crying

Me too, but I do like what I've seen from Clouston for the most part, despite my initial reation to the hiring.

Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 3032
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cronie on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:45 am

by bringing in Torts NOW, do the Blueshirts stand a chance to do some damage this season/post-season?

I know Torts will certainly bang some heads and such, but I don't know what impact or the overall impact he can achieve for this season?

I'd love to see him Bench Redden! LOL

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:48 am

Cronie wrote:by bringing in Torts NOW, do the Blueshirts stand a chance to do some damage this season/post-season?

I know Torts will certainly bang some heads and such, but I don't know what impact or the overall impact he can achieve for this season?

I'd love to see him Bench Redden! LOL

I'm looking forward to his candid assessments of Redden's play. This man pulls no punchs. I think he'll get enough out of them to get them into the playoffs, but no scoring depth means they'll still get bounced quickly. They are dead last in the East in goals for. Worse than the Islanders....and us.
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

Post by davetherave on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:38 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    davetherave wrote:Geez, do ya think the New York Post's Larry Brooks loves Tortorella? Here's his morning line...

Do ya think Tortorella commands respect? Brooks happens to be the guy Fonzie absolutely destroyed in his infamous "get the Diddle out of here" line. And he ends up with Brooks' admiration.

The Name Dropper on the other hand had nothing but backhanded compliments for Tortorella this morning.

SSF, I'd forgotten Brooks was the one Torts had divebombed. Good call. :pirat:

I guess Larry likes it rough LOL.
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by davetherave on Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:53 pm

So Torts and the Rangers got their first point. Did you all watch the game? Did Tortorella make his point?

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:03 am

Saaaaaaaame game, lol, they cant score, little more assertive, but thats it.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54296
    Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by PTFlea on Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:04 am

Neely4Life wrote:Saaaaaaaame game, lol, they cant score, little more assertive, but thats it.

Not to mention that they were gonna be more assertive with a new coach anyway. No goals = no wins. We know all about it.
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by davetherave on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:02 am

The Rangers certainly looked better last night than they have for some time. Lots of effort--especially by Prucha and Callahan--sharp goaltending by Henny, and good defense overall. Redden--though I know many here love to hate him--got an important goal. Torts might just be exactly what they need.

Last edited by davetherave on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5649
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SensFan71 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:04 am

davetherave wrote:The Rangers certainly looked better last night than they have for some time. Lots of effort--especially by Prucha and Callahan--sharp goaltending by Henny, and good defense overall. Redden--though I know many here love to hate him--got an important goal. Torts might just be what they need.

will just wait for someone to underachieve or think they are better than they are, love Torts tearing people down and putting them back in their place. still would have loved for it to be Torts doing that to Spezza, but am behind clouston.
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by davetherave on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:08 am

SensFan71 wrote:
    davetherave wrote:The Rangers certainly looked better last night than they have for some time. Lots of effort--especially by Prucha and Callahan--sharp goaltending by Henny, and good defense overall. Redden--though I know many here love to hate him--got an important goal. Torts might just be what they need.

will just wait for someone to underachieve or think they are better than they are, love Torts tearing people down and putting them back in their place. still would have loved for it to be Torts doing that to Spezza, but am behind clouston.

I have a feeling Gomez, Drury and Zherdev will do well under Torts. And did you see Naslund drop the gloves?

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:10 am

davetherave wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:

I have a feeling Gomez, Drury and Zherdev will do well under Torts. And did you see Naslund drop the gloves?

you kidding me? Naslund dropped the gloves? hmmm not a bad influence after just a couple practices, maybe this will stop all the gomez trade talk from the name dropper over at HB.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13608

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:16 am

I finally voted in this thing. I voted why didn't Ottawa sign this guy. I was a Torts Advocate since before the season started. I like his aggressive game plan, his Media antics, and what he did with Lecavalier.

- Unknown Author
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by davetherave on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:19 am

SensFan71 wrote:
    davetherave wrote:I have a feeling Gomez, Drury and Zherdev will do well under Torts. And did you see Naslund drop the gloves?

you kidding me? Naslund dropped the gloves? hmmm not a bad influence after just a couple practices, maybe this will stop all the gomez trade talk from the name dropper over at HB.

As we all know, HB needs to invent trade talk to keep those hits up. BeatingaDeadHorse

IMHO Torts is the right kind of coach for the Blueshirts.

Watch Mark Bell...he needs this chance with the Rangers to save his career. You never know.

And Avery...talk about a wild card.

Should be interesting.

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:20 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I finally voted in this thing. I voted why didn't Ottawa sign this guy. I was a Torts Advocate since before the season started. I like his aggressive game plan, his Media antics, and what he did with Lecavalier.

This guy was exactly what we needed, cup ring, no holds barred attitude, still love the comment he made about John Graham one time, referring to starting goaltender's making a save once in awhile. (not that Graham was ever starting goalie material, but after torts, he definitely never will be)

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:21 am

That team is going to suck for a very, very long time. They will fall out of the playoffs for sure.
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by davetherave on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:32 am

Neely4Life wrote:That team is going to suck for a very, very long time. They will fall out of the playoffs for sure.

Now you've really hurt Slats' feelings...you know that, eh.

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:34 am

davetherave wrote:
    Neely4Life wrote:That team is going to suck for a very, very long time. They will fall out of the playoffs for sure.

Now you've really hurt Slats' feelings...you know that, eh.

We'll send Slats a cookie and a nice balloon, then a congrats card on signing Redden on a great contract he he.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:05 am