You are not connected. Please login or register

Preissing waived - Avery officially on re-entry

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
davetherave wrote:By waiving Preissing, the Kings could be giving themselves more room in what would now total about 15MM in cap space. Lots of money to get a major UFA or take on somebody else's big contract in a trade.

IMHO The Burke might be diabolical enough to pluck Avery from the clutches of the Rangers...who knows?

Burke would definitely grab Avery if he felt into this plans, that would be quite the battle of Ontario, Avery trying to diddle Carrie Underwood and Hilary Duff, only to get rejected flat out, but then he could cry and write his GQ articles.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star
SensFan71 wrote:
davetherave wrote:By waiving Preissing, the Kings could be giving themselves more room in what would now total about 15MM in cap space. Lots of money to get a major UFA or take on somebody else's big contract in a trade.

IMHO The Burke might be diabolical enough to pluck Avery from the clutches of the Rangers...who knows?

Burke would definitely grab Avery if he felt into this plans, that would be quite the battle of Ontario, Avery trying to diddle Carrie Underwood and Hilary Duff, only to get rejected flat out, but then he could cry and write his GQ articles.

'Bud' Avery on Carrie and Hilary...now there's a 'Battle of Ontario' LOL

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

'Bud' Avery on Carrie and Hilary...now there's a 'Battle of Ontario' LOL

that definitely has a sloppy seconds innuendo waiting to happen in there, queue the suspension.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Callahan from the Rangers, Lawrence Nycolat - Vancouver and Bill Thomas from the Pens - all waived.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
504Heater wrote:Callahan from the Rangers, Lawrence Nycolat - Vancouver and Bill Thomas from the Pens - all waived.

thank you Bryan Murray for the Shannon/Nycholat deal, you are a freaking genius.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SensFan71 wrote:thank you Bryan Murray for the Shannon/Nycholat deal, you are a freaking genius.

That's my favourite Bryan Murray move so far.

We'll put a poll when D-Day is done and see if he can top that. I doubt it though personally. Grand Theft Murray on the Shannon deal.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
504Heater wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:thank you Bryan Murray for the Shannon/Nycholat deal, you are a freaking genius.

We'll put a poll when D-Day is done and see if he can top that. I doubt it though personally. Grand Theft Murray on the Shannon deal.

he's allowed a couple of mulligans with the brilliance on this deal, Shannon on our top line, Nycholat will disappear to the ahl forever, or perhaps some beer road hockey league.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
He's had his mulligans 71. No more.

Last edited by 504Heater on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
504Heater wrote:Callahan from the Rangers, Lawrence Nycolat - Vancouver and Bill Thomas from the Pens - all waived.

Sounds like some serious cap clearing going on...for deals to come shortly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
davetherave wrote:

Callahan is only making 575K, not much room being cleared there. Ditto Thomas and Nycholat, so it might just be roster jockeying until D-day comes and goes.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
davetherave wrote:

they are now laying the groundwork for the masterpiece on Wednesday, I am off tomorrow, but am back here on Wednesday in full force.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
My word Sean Avery is hard to pass up for 1.9 million per year. Wow.

I don't even think he'll make it to the Rangers to be honest.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
504Heater wrote:My word Sean Avery is hard to pass up for 1.9 million per year. Wow.

judging by the waiver wire, honestly wouldn't be upset if Ottawa snagged him, not that it would happen.

504Heater wrote:

That is tied for 1st in my mind.

The Schaeffer - Donovan deal was pretty sweet as well. How's Providence Peter ?

SensFan71 wrote:
504Heater wrote:My word Sean Avery is hard to pass up for 1.9 million per year. Wow.

judging by the waiver wire, honestly wouldn't be upset if Ottawa snagged him, not that it would happen.
I don't want him anywhere near my team. Look how Dallas rebounded once they got rid of him.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
RobbyJ wrote:
504Heater wrote:

That is tied for 1st in my mind.

oh schaefer, what a gimp lol, does he get a cup ring if boston wins and he is in the ahl? lol

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
504Heater wrote:Callahan from the Rangerswaived.

I doubt that - I see nothing about it, trying to confirm, cause it would be a stupid move by NY. Hopefully Ottawa claims him, he's a really good player.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
RobbyJ wrote:That is tied for 1st in my mind.

Yeah, that was a good one too. Although, I think I heard that Schaeffer scored the other day, so he must be back in the NHL.

Still, losing that salary and replacing him with a guy who gives it his all every game was very nice. Now...on to Chris Kelly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum