The Avatar

    Share

    Poll

    Do you like to change your Avatar?

    [ 6 ]
    22% [22%] 
    [ 1 ]
    4% [4%] 
    [ 18 ]
    67% [67%] 
    [ 1 ]
    4% [4%] 
    [ 1 ]
    3% [3%] 

    Total Votes: 27

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: The Avatar

    Post by SensFan71 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:18 am

    wprager wrote:Nevermind, just figured it out. That *was* a bizarre scene, so my mind must have blanked it out.

    am hoping my brain figures it out, I remember seeing it, but for the life of me, the name of the movie (even looking on IMDB) escapes me.

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48176
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: The Avatar

    Post by wprager on Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:06 pm

    SensFan71 wrote:
    wprager wrote:Nevermind, just figured it out. That *was* a bizarre scene, so my mind must have blanked it out.

    am hoping my brain figures it out, I remember seeing it, but for the life of me, the name of the movie (even looking on IMDB) escapes me.

    Resurrecting this because I just got a new one. Let's see who can figure it out.

    As for your question about Tukker's old avatar, here's a hint, it's from the same movie as his current avatar. And, yes, I was right, it was Steve Carrell.

    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: The Avatar

    Post by davetherave on Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:19 pm

    wprager wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:
    wprager wrote:Nevermind, just figured it out. That *was* a bizarre scene, so my mind must have blanked it out.

    am hoping my brain figures it out, I remember seeing it, but for the life of me, the name of the movie (even looking on IMDB) escapes me.

    Resurrecting this because I just got a new one. Let's see who can figure it out.

    As for your question about Tukker's old avatar, here's a hint, it's from the same movie as his current avatar. And, yes, I was right, it was Steve Carrell.

    Geronimo Jackson, eh...
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48176
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: The Avatar

    Post by wprager on Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:44 pm

    Well, yeah, but what does that mean? Don't tell me you went to their concert back in the '70s, 'cause you haven't.
    avatar
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: The Avatar

    Post by davetherave on Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:54 pm

    wprager wrote:Well, yeah, but what does that mean? Don't tell me you went to their concert back in the '70s, 'cause you haven't.

    I saw a lot of bands in the 70s LOL...they were not one of them.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48176
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: The Avatar

    Post by wprager on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:27 pm

    davetherave wrote:
    wprager wrote:Well, yeah, but what does that mean? Don't tell me you went to their concert back in the '70s, 'cause you haven't.

    I saw a lot of bands in the 70s LOL...they were not one of them.

    No, not unless you suddenly got this memory that you somehow don't remember ever having before.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48176
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: The Avatar

    Post by wprager on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:30 pm

    OK, Save, I'll just come out and ask -- do you watch Lost? If not, then you have no idea. If you do, you might.
    avatar
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: The Avatar

    Post by davetherave on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:36 pm

    wprager wrote:
    davetherave wrote:
    wprager wrote:Well, yeah, but what does that mean? Don't tell me you went to their concert back in the '70s, 'cause you haven't.

    I saw a lot of bands in the 70s LOL...they were not one of them.

    No, not unless you suddenly got this memory that you somehow don't remember ever having before.

    Haha...I lost a few brain cells in the 70s...LOL...

    ...but I do know Geronimo Jackson is a rock band invented by the producers of 'Lost'...though I never watch TV except for hockey games...and the occasional documentary program.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48176
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: The Avatar

    Post by wprager on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:03 pm

    If you never watch a TV show, give this on a shot. Rent the first disc of the S1 box set from Blockbuster -- if you don't like it, no biggie. But this *may* go down in the history of TV as the best show ever. Yes, that's high praise, but, yes, it *is* that good.
    avatar
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: The Avatar

    Post by davetherave on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:08 pm

    wprager wrote:If you never watch a TV show, give this on a shot. Rent the first disc of the S1 box set from Blockbuster -- if you don't like it, no biggie. But this *may* go down in the history of TV as the best show ever. Yes, that's high praise, but, yes, it *is* that good.

    Thanks for the tip...I'll check it out.

    BTW I did find 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' amusing when I watched it at a friend's.

    :D:
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48176
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: The Avatar

    Post by wprager on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:13 pm

    I tried -- really tried -- to like CYE. Never cold get into it. I wasn't a huge Seinfeld fan either. Loved some episode, but overall the character were too unlikable.

    On the other hand, I loved Arrested Development. Yes, most of the characters were very, very unlikeable, but at least Michale Blum was there to hold it all together. And the writing was superb (except for that whole MRBIG story arc, but that was almost OK because Charlize Theron was in it).
    avatar
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: The Avatar

    Post by davetherave on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:23 pm

    wprager wrote:I tried -- really tried -- to like CYE. Never cold get into it. I wasn't a huge Seinfeld fan either. Loved some episode, but overall the character were too unlikable.

    On the other hand, I loved Arrested Development. Yes, most of the characters were very, very unlikeable, but at least Michale Blum was there to hold it all together. And the writing was superb (except for that whole MRBIG story arc, but that was almost OK because Charlize Theron was in it).

    I only watched a few episodes of CYE but I found it funny because it reminded me of a lot of people I used to know in the media business.

    Call me disconnected, but I have never seen an episode of Seinfeld.

    Arrested Development--is it a spinoff of that whole Seinfeld universe?

    Sitcoms generally leave me cold...and remember I spent most of the nineties in Eastern Europe and Russia...

    cool)
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48176
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: The Avatar

    Post by wprager on Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:07 pm

    Arrested Development is not a spinoff at all. It's a bit similar to The Royal Tenenbaums, but funny. If you are a fan of comedies with no laugh tracks then this is the best of the bunch.
    avatar
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: The Avatar

    Post by davetherave on Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:49 pm

    wprager wrote:Arrested Development is not a spinoff at all. It's a bit similar to The Royal Tenenbaums, but funny. If you are a fan of comedies with no laugh tracks then this is the best of the bunch.

    Thanks for clueing me in... :D:

    I'm actually a fan of the human comedy...

    As far as funny American movies go, I thought Talledega Nights (as well as Anchorman), and Napoleon Dynamite were rather brilliant in their own ways...

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Avatar

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:02 am