You are not connected. Please login or register

How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win?

How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win?

How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Vote_lcap243%How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Vote_rcap2 43% [ 3 ]
How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Vote_lcap229%How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Vote_rcap2 29% [ 2 ]
How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Vote_lcap214%How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Vote_rcap2 14% [ 1 ]
How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Vote_lcap20%How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Vote_lcap20%How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Vote_lcap214%How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Vote_rcap2 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Empty How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:08 pm

I see him winning the Calder and the Vezina for sure.

He could win the Hart, Jennings, Conn Smyth, and possibly the Lester B Pearson.

2How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Empty Re: How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:22 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
The Guy With The Mustache wrote:I see him winning the Calder and the Vezina for sure.

He could win the Hart, Jennings, Conn Smythe, and possibly the Lester B Pearson.

That's a heapin' helpin' of silverware.

3How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Empty Re: How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:50 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran
He will surely win the Calder... He has a good chance for the Vezina also. The kid is awsome. We could of drafted him and so could every other team DOH!

4How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Empty Re: How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? on Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:26 pm

I think the Vezina and Jennings are well within his reach. The Calder is a lock, doesnt even matter what happens from this point on. Good luck denying a rookie with 9 shutouts the Calder.

5How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Empty Re: How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? on Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:05 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran
He is definetly gonna rack up some hardware. He is a extremely big reason why Columbus is doing good for the 1st time in there history. Good for them.

6How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Empty Re: How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? on Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:30 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I think he gets the Calder and that's it. The voters for those other awards like to give them to the old guard who've been around long enough to "earn" them. Don't get me wrong I think it's a load of crap but that's how it is. I'll be surprised if Mason wins more than the Calder.

- Unknown Author

7How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Empty Re: How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:01 am

I could see him grabbing the Vezina along with the Calder. It is a funny year for goaltending. Brodeur has been hurt and although Nabby and Kipper have racked up some wins their numbers are not spectacular, they are very good just not spectacular. Kiprusoff has a 2.78 GAA compared to Mason's 2.19. (Nabakov is 2.48 ) As far as save % goes Mason has a .920 compared to a .909 and .906 respectively. WRT shutouts Mason is head and shoulders above anyone. The dark horse and in my opinion the most deserving is Tim Thomas....

28-10-6 with a 2.06 GAA and a .932 save percentage. Those are spectacular numbers! He won't win it because of his unorthodox style unfortunately.

8How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Empty Re: How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:09 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I think Thomas gets a nomination at bare minimum and may just be the out the voters need to avoid giving a rookie the Vezina.

- Unknown Author

9How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Empty Re: How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:29 am

I hope you are right, I would like to see him get a shot. He is a 'feel good' story.

10How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Empty Re: How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:30 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I'll vote 1. I think he's got the Calder, but to deny Tim Thomas the Vezina would be just...mean (and inaccurate). Jennings is almost out of reach. No way he wins the Hart or Lester B. - and the Conn Smythe is a crapshoot at best.

Calder for you - and if you keep this up, a Vezina might be in the horizon.

11How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Empty Re: How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:37 am

504Heater wrote:I'll vote 1. I think he's got the Calder, but to deny Tim Thomas the Vezina would be just...mean (and inaccurate). Jennings is almost out of reach. No way he wins the Hart or Lester B. - and the Conn Smythe is a crapshoot at best.

Calder for you - and if you keep this up, a Vezina might be in the horizon.

Thomas has been platooning basically all year. I don't think he deserves the Vezina. Kipper has 11 more wins. I think wins are more important that GAA or SV% when considering a Vezina winner. GAA already basically has it's own reward anyway with the Jennings.

12How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Empty Re: How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:54 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
hemlock wrote:
Thomas has been platooning basically all year. I don't think he deserves the Vezina. Kipper has 11 more wins. I think wins are more important that GAA or SV% when considering a Vezina winner. GAA already basically has it's own reward anyway with the Jennings.

I would still vote for Thomas personally. Just because Keenan overplays Kipper, wouldn't make him the benchmark for me. Thomas has been disgustingly good this year. Perhaps there's a case for Mason to be up there with Thomas, but I just can't get over how rock solid he's been.

What about this Pekka Rinne guy too? Wow...couple of great stories from the West.

13How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Empty Re: How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:56 am

504Heater wrote:
hemlock wrote:

I would still vote for Thomas personally. Just because Keenan overplays Kipper, wouldn't make him the benchmark for me. Thomas has been disgustingly good this year. Perhaps there's a case for Mason to be up there with Thomas, but I just can't get over how rock solid he's been.

What about this Pekka Rinne guy too? Wow...couple of great stories from the West.

Rinne has been very very good. I want David Poile so bad it hurts. Outside of Holland, I'd say he's the leagues best GM.

14How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Empty Re: How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:03 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
hemlock wrote:
Rinne has been very very good. I want David Poile so bad it hurts. Outside of Holland, I'd say he's the leagues best GM.

I dare say he deserves better, but I think he'd argue that. One of the better GMs for sure (although I didn't like the Erat signing in the least).

15How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? Empty Re: How Many Awards Will Steve Mason Win? on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:07 am

504Heater wrote:
hemlock wrote:

I dare say he deserves better, but I think he'd argue that. One of the better GMs for sure (although I didn't like the Erat signing in the least).

It looks bad because he's having an off year (other than Weber, who isn't in Nashville) offensively. It's $4.5 I believe for Erat, which would be great value, if he put typical numbers he has in the past. Legwand has been a disappointment as well, but he falls under the same category. If he produces like he can...the signing is applauded no question.

Poile's ability to to pull talent later in the draft, and manage his cap is incredible. He still somehow managed to resign several players long term even while the ownership was changing and the team was in turmoil off ice. He didn't even know what budget he was operating with, and somehow kept that keep competitive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum