Tattoos...who's got em and what?

Tattoos...who's got em and what?

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:14 am

So, I'm going to get my 5th tattoo today. I already have two flags, one on each pec. Canadian flag on my left pec, and the Irish flag on my right. I also have a drunken leprechaun on my shoulder (it seemed like a good idea at the time) and a Claddagh armband.

Anyone else a fan of Tattoos? Let's hear it...what have you got? I'll post a pic in a few days of mine. Let's see what you all have :D

Re: Tattoos...who's got em and what?

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:19 am

I am going to get one, just struggling with the design. It will be my first. I will certainly not go Joe Corvo style...

These tats are a big hit at the Blue Oyster I hear. Sorry Joe, but they are crap and pretty homo.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13608
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:20 am

I don't have any tattoos but have thought about it for several years. I just can't make the decision on what to put and where to put it. I guess I can't get over the permanence of it and wonder if I'll not love it forever.

- Unknown Author

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:28 am

Piece of advice... Sunshine or any othertype of symbol around the belly button = Elton John Boy Toy.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:33 am

I have a few myself:

Left forearm= "Veritas" in Celtic lettering
    Right forearm= "Aequitas" in Celtic lettering
    Across stomach= "In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti" in Celtic lettering

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54296

Post by PTFlea on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:38 am

I (fake) promised myself I'd get one on my shoulder blade if the Sens ever won the Cup. I'm not sure I would follow through, but I could see a little one with the year and the Cup and the Sens logo.
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 3032

Post by Cronie on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:54 am

I have two thus far, and while I would like to add a few, the soon-to-be-official wife of mine seems to have put her foot down... Sad

I have a dragon on my left upper shoulder and a Mage on my right upper shoulder.

I would like to have something done to commemorate the birth of my son and daughter, but I'm not too sure what. I met a cab driver in the city and he had what I thought was a beautiful tatt and idea: he had the ECG print-out of his son's heartbeat in utero tattoed as an arm band around his upper shoulder. I thought that was awesome personally.

Those Corvo black-art and barbed-wire arm bands are SO pathetic and gay quite frankly, and most people my age ALL have them (I never liked them and thought they were a ridiculous fad, like the girls getting butterflies on their lower back or ankles).

EDIT: Blazer, that is one of my all-time favorite flicks. good taste dude.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:51 pm

Cronie wrote:....(I never liked them and thought they were a ridiculous fad, like the girls getting butterflies on their lower back or ankles).

EDIT: Blazer, that is one of my all-time favorite flicks. good taste dude.

The infamous skank badge... beauty!

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:22 pm

Blazer wrote:I have a few myself:

Left forearm= "Veritas" in Celtic lettering
    Right forearm= "Aequitas" in Celtic lettering
    Across stomach= "In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti" in Celtic lettering

I thought about that, but Aequitas and Veritas are pretty common these days. I'm getting an Ambigram today (also becoming pretty common thanks to Dan Brown).

It says "Work Hard" and looking at it from 180 degrees it will say Carpe Diem "Sieze the Day"

I do love that movie though. Dying to see the 2nd one. If you go to the movie's site you can find the link to the boards there. There's a forum thread dedicated to tattoos inspired by the movie. Pretty Cool.

Err, re-reading this, I'm not knocking your tats Blazer, if that's what it sounds like.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:23 pm

MurderOnIce wrote:I am going to get one, just struggling with the design. It will be my first. I will certainly not go Joe Corvo style...

These tats are a big hit at the Blue Oyster I hear. Sorry Joe, but they are crap and pretty homo.

He's not a small guy. Looking at him, you'd never guess he's the sissy who couldn't handle all the media pressure in Ottawa. Good Riddance.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:33 pm

hemlock wrote:
    He's not a small guy. Looking at him, you'd never guess he's the sissy who couldn't handle all the media pressure in Ottawa. Good Riddance.

The tell-tale-tat is the belly one. Very sad. He got it there so you could notice it when he was wearing a cutoff mesh top that showed his midriff. Also, he can hang a purse off either shoulder and the artwork would still be there for everyone to see...
    caissie_1
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1579
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

Post by caissie_1 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:36 pm

I want to grow my arms another 2 inches... Lot's of work i know... And then get one on my left Tricep. Not really sure what but I find the Tricep a pretty cool place to get one.
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 3032

Post by Cronie on Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:34 pm

MurderOnIce wrote:
    hemlock wrote:

The tell-tale-tat is the belly one. Very sad. He got it there so you could notice it when he was wearing a cutoff mesh top that showed his midriff. Also, he can hang a purse off either shoulder and the artwork would still be there for everyone to see...

That's hilarious!

I knew a guy at Ashbury that went and got a navel ring, and not like something out of the awesome Dee Snider's "Strangeland", but a frilly little navel ring, like what the average 12-15 yr old girl sports... Sean MacDonald Curly... and yes that's his real name, which didn't help in the razzin' department...

for the life of me, I still have NO idea what he was thinking! LOL

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:47 pm

hey hem, i was just kidding about those being my tats. I dont have any but I always thought the Boondock ones were dope..
    Phoenix30
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1271
    Registration date : 2008-08-15

Post by Phoenix30 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:09 pm

I've got a phoenix coming out of a tear in my skin. The phoenix is also holding a crystal ball in its claws and within that is the libra scales. Tat takes up most of my right shoulder blade.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:14 am