You are not connected. Please login or register

Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:14 pm

davetherave


All-Star
All-Star
beedub wrote: If you were to ask me if I wanted Chris Osgood or Dwayne Roloson to backstop me to the Stanley Cup....hmmm......let's see......Osgood has some Rings, Roloson has none.........Sorry DTR, the only thing I like ice-cold is my beer, not goaltenders.
Osgood is never flashy, just steady, Teddy.

Detroit has depth, playoff experience coming out the Donkey, a coach, a goalie and over half the players who won it all not 12 months ago, oh, wait, they also added Marian freakin' Hossa.

Of course you would take Osgood over Roloson...but Ozzy has been decidedly unsteady this year. Them's the facts.

As for what was won a year ago, that was then and this is now...

Of course, one of the beauties of being of a fan is the unshakeable belief in one's convictions Wink , n'est-ce-pas?

...meanwhile, the hockey gods have their jokes yet to be played on true believers....and may the best team win.

cheers

32Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:21 pm

beedub


Veteran
Veteran
that's what makes being a fan of hockey so much fun. While I am normally not a proponent of most Western Conference teams, I do like Detroit, ever since Federov was taking faceoffs for them. Back when Chelios had a normal hockey-playing age.

33Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:12 pm

davetherave


All-Star
All-Star
beedub wrote:that's what makes being a fan of hockey so much fun. While I am normally not a proponent of most Western Conference teams, I do like Detroit, ever since Federov was taking faceoffs for them. Back when Chelios had a normal hockey-playing age.

My friend, we agree...I have also been an admirer of the Detroit Red Wings...since the days of Gordie Howe...and their consistent excelllence in the Mike Ilitch/Scotty Bowman/Ken Holland era...

The fun is not only in the game itself, but in ardent discussion that accompanies it...
:D

34Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Yes, they are hard to hate. But let me have a couple of playoff rounds against them and I can guarantee the hate will be there. We need the cross-overs back.

35Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:32 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Yes, they are hard to hate. But let me have a couple of playoff rounds against them and I can guarantee the hate will be there. We need the cross-overs back.

...ah, sometimes one longs for the days of 'Original Six'...when the rivalries were Montreal-Toronto, New York-Boston, Chicago-Detroit...simpler times.

36Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
davetherave wrote:
wprager wrote:Yes, they are hard to hate. But let me have a couple of playoff rounds against them and I can guarantee the hate will be there. We need the cross-overs back.

...ah, sometimes one longs for the days of 'Original Six'...when the rivalries were Montreal-Toronto, New York-Boston, Chicago-Detroit...simpler times.

Give me Habs-Nords any day.

37Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:52 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:
wprager wrote:Yes, they are hard to hate. But let me have a couple of playoff rounds against them and I can guarantee the hate will be there. We need the cross-overs back.

...ah, sometimes one longs for the days of 'Original Six'...when the rivalries were Montreal-Toronto, New York-Boston, Chicago-Detroit...simpler times.

Give me Habs-Nords any day.

Now THAT was a rivalry! Michel 'Le Tigre' Bergeron screaming from the top of the bench...and the "Massacre du Vendredi Saint"...

38Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:34 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
I still think the Wings are the team to beat.

Chris Osgood is the NHL's version of Dustin Tokarski, who you may recall from the WJHCs.

He may let in some weak goals, he won't have the numbers other goalies put up (the Markstroms of the NHL) but at the end of the day, guy knows how to win. Which is without a doubt the most important asset a goalie can have.

39Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I still remember how Hunter slid (on purpose) into Whamsley and pushed him and the puck across the line. And they counted it! And then the bounty on Tremblay's head. Those were the days, and they played like that *without* million-dollar salaries or nearly half-a-million league minimums.

40Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can The Blue Jackets be a Cinderella team? on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:37 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:I still remember how Hunter slid (on purpose) into Whamsley and pushed him and the puck across the line. And they counted it! And then the bounty on Tremblay's head. Those were the days, and they played like that *without* million-dollar salaries or nearly half-a-million league minimums.

The initial years when the old WHA teams joined the NHL had some of the fiercest-fought hockey we will ever see...The Age Of The Warriors.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum