This is not hockey related, but great nonetheless

    Share

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: This is not hockey related, but great nonetheless

    Post by Guest on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:36 pm

    As a father of three, best wishes 71. Have you and the better half decided on a name yet?

    BTW- Alfie is a multi gender name, or Alfina if you're picky.

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: This is not hockey related, but great nonetheless

    Post by SensFan71 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:41 pm

    The Guy With The Mustache wrote:As a father of three, best wishes 71. Have you and the better half decided on a name yet?

    BTW- Alfie is a multi gender name, or Alfina if you're picky.

    well if it is a girl, and I have been told it better be, Samantha Nicole Marie, as for if it is a boy, Zachary Aaron Carl, but I still have time to get that Aaron changed to Alfie lol.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: This is not hockey related, but great nonetheless

    Post by Guest on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:47 pm

    I've always have been a fan of the name Nicole. Your wife's a fan of double middle names by the looks of it Sarcasm

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Age : 37
    Location : Dorchester, NB
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: This is not hockey related, but great nonetheless

    Post by SensFan71 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:00 pm

    The Guy With The Mustache wrote:I've always have been a fan of the name Nicole. Your wife's a fan of double middle names by the looks of it Sarcasm

    oh she is, our first little guy is named Xander Dominic Eugene. I draw the line at 3 though lol.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: This is not hockey related, but great nonetheless

    Post by Guest on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:07 pm

    SensFan71 wrote:
    The Guy With The Mustache wrote:I've always have been a fan of the name Nicole. Your wife's a fan of double middle names by the looks of it Sarcasm

    oh she is, our first little guy is named Xander Dominic Eugene. I draw the line at 3 though lol.
    My wife only let me name one kid after a hockey player Sad

    So I've got Daniel Gagnon, Bobby Orr, and Maria Nicole Smile

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Age : 37
    Location : Dorchester, NB
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: This is not hockey related, but great nonetheless

    Post by SensFan71 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:20 pm

    The Guy With The Mustache wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:
    The Guy With The Mustache wrote:I've always have been a fan of the name Nicole. Your wife's a fan of double middle names by the looks of it Sarcasm

    oh she is, our first little guy is named Xander Dominic Eugene. I draw the line at 3 though lol.
    My wife only let me name one kid after a hockey player Sad

    So I've got Daniel Gagnon, Bobby Orr, and Maria Nicole Smile

    those are fabulous names, and I can definitely see where the affinity for the name Nicole comes from for you, for my wife, it's her big sisters name and they are tremendously close.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: This is not hockey related, but great nonetheless

    Post by Guest on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:23 pm

    Xander isn't a name i hear too often... Does it have to do with your or your wife's ethnicity?

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Age : 37
    Location : Dorchester, NB
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: This is not hockey related, but great nonetheless

    Post by SensFan71 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:25 pm

    The Guy With The Mustache wrote:Xander isn't a name i hear too often... Does it have to do with your or your wife's ethnicity?

    actually no it doesn't, and well, to be honest, not even sure where it originates from, but we wanted something unique and that name really stuck with me from the first time I heard it years ago.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: This is not hockey related, but great nonetheless

    Post by Guest on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:30 pm

    haha, fair enough. Danny was a name i always liked, and i wanted a french middle name :D

    Bobby Orr is... obvious

    Maria was my wife's mother's name, and Nicole was the name of a female friend I've had since grade 6, who's also a good friend of the family.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47790
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: This is not hockey related, but great nonetheless

    Post by wprager on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:56 pm

    Isn't Xander just a shortened form of Alexander? Other versinos could inlcude Lex. Just don't name your kids Sshole because, well, you know.

    In our case we used my wife's maiden name as the second middle name for the kids. No hyphenation, no registration fees.

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Age : 37
    Location : Dorchester, NB
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: This is not hockey related, but great nonetheless

    Post by SensFan71 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:14 am

    wprager wrote:Isn't Xander just a shortened form of Alexander? Other versinos could inlcude Lex. Just don't name your kids Sshole because, well, you know.

    In our case we used my wife's maiden name as the second middle name for the kids. No hyphenation, no registration fees.

    I believe you are right pragues, however, you would be surprised how many people start to spell his name with a Z instead of an X, my mother still does it from time to time lol.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47790
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: This is not hockey related, but great nonetheless

    Post by wprager on Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:22 pm

    First place I worked out of University was called XIOS -- pronounced like a 'Z'. It stood for eXcellence In Office Systems. It was owned by Rod Bryden, and I still remember when he went down in flames. All of us were out in the street with nothing but the minimum severance. Bryden lost his Papercore and BCE holdings and even after all that still owed hundreds of millions to creditors.

    And then just a few years later he was the owner of the Ottawa Senators. What a world we live in.

    Sponsored content

    Re: This is not hockey related, but great nonetheless

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:45 am