Who is your favourite defunct team?

    Share
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13608
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Who is your favourite defunct team?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:57 am

    Out of all the former NHL teams, including the ones that have moved, which is your favourite? Weird question I know.

    I like the old Whalers and Nordiques but don't ask me why Smile


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Who is your favourite defunct team?

    Post by Guest on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:01 am

    The New York Islanders, oh wait...
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13608
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Who is your favourite defunct team?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:08 am

    That's harsh MOI. You'll have to wait to pick them though Wink Who is your team or do you have one MOI?


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: Who is your favourite defunct team?

    Post by davetherave on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:12 am

    Are you going to include ALL the defunct teams (going back to the contraction in the 1940s)? Maybe this should be a poll IMHO.
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13608
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Who is your favourite defunct team?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:16 am

    davetherave wrote:Are you going to include ALL the defunct teams (going back to the contraction in the 1940s)? Maybe this should be a poll IMHO.

    We can make it a poll just give me all the team names because I don't know them all. Yes every team since the NHL became the NHL including teams like the Whaler who became the Canes and the Jets who became the Coyotes etc... If you want to do the research and give me the list of team names I'll make this a poll.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Who is your favourite defunct team?

    Post by Guest on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:20 am

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:That's harsh MOI. You'll have to wait to pick them though Wink Who is your team or do you have one MOI?

    j/k I would have to say the Nordiques. Some of the best hockey I ever watched were Nordiques/Bruins or Nordiques/Habs playoff games. True Hatred, True Rivalries, Great Hockey...

    The Stastny's, Goulet, Bouchard, Hunter and that weird dude who played the trumpet... what a shame then they moved to Colorado and won a cup?! Slap in the face to Nordique fan, one of the first places I would like to see a team relocated to personally.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24763
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Who is your favourite defunct team?

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:21 am

    I loved to hate the Nordiques being a Habs fan in the day. Now the Habs have morphed into the Nordiques somehow. Funny how that goes.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Who is your favourite defunct team?

    Post by Guest on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:27 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:I loved to hate the Nordiques being a Habs fan in the day. Now the Habs have morphed into the Nordiques somehow. Funny how that goes.

    Oh I am sure you hated them but I would suggest that if you were a Habs fan you would have looked forward to nothing more than a Nordiques/Habs tilt...
    avatar
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: Who is your favourite defunct team?

    Post by davetherave on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:28 am

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    davetherave wrote:Are you going to include ALL the defunct teams (going back to the contraction in the 1940s)? Maybe this should be a poll IMHO.

    We can make it a poll just give me all the team names because I don't know them all. Yes every team since the NHL became the NHL including teams like the Whaler who became the Canes and the Jets who became the Coyotes etc... If you want to do the research and give me the list of team names I'll make this a poll.

    Here you go cool)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_NHL_teams

    Defunct teams before the Original Six Era
    TeamSeasonsRelocated to
    Montreal Wanderers19171918
    original Ottawa Senators
    19171934St. Louis Eagles
    Quebec Bulldogs19191920Hamilton Tigers
    Hamilton Tigers19201925
    Montreal Maroons19241938
    New York Americans19251942
    Pittsburgh Pirates19251930Philadelphia Quakers
    Philadelphia Quakers19301931
    St. Louis Eagles19341935

    Relocated teams after 1967 expansion


    TeamSeasonsRelocated to
    California Golden Seals19671976Cleveland Barons
    Kansas City Scouts19741976Colorado Rockies
    Cleveland Barons19761978merged with Minnesota North Stars
    Atlanta Flames19721980Calgary Flames
    Colorado Rockies19761982New Jersey Devils
    Minnesota North Stars19671993Dallas Stars
    Quebec Nordiques19791995Colorado Avalanche
    Winnipeg Jets19791996Phoenix Coyotes
    Hartford Whalers19791997Carolina Hurricanes

    Sponsored content

    Re: Who is your favourite defunct team?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:23 pm