Write out your 2008/2009 Ottawa Senators lineup

Re: Write out your 2008/2009 Ottawa Senators lineup

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:15 pm

PKC wrote:You know for a market over-saturated with goalies, there don't seem to be a lot of quality ones.
    Leclair? depends on how mason is developing

rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7429
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by rooneypoo on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:29 pm

Tukker wrote:
    PKC wrote:You know for a market over-saturated with goalies, there don't seem to be a lot of quality ones.

Mason is still a few years off for sure. I don't see Leclaire going anywhere now, especially after signing a new long-term deal last month.

No, if we're actually serious about looking for a replacement for Gerber, I think the only viable option is Lehtonen. He may or may not be available, and I imagine we'd pay through the nose for him -- but I'd be willing to do it if the price were right. I'd start with Schubert + Gerber + 1st (ours or SJS's) and see where we go from there. If they want a prospect, too, I throw in Hennessy. If they start asking for Zubov, I'd probably balk. If they need scoring help immediately and everything turns on Vermette, then I'd probably have to say no.

I don't think that our goaltending situation is so desperate that we have to give up any key pieces (like Zubov, Vermette, etc.). And that's probably why, in the end, we won't get a deal done before the start of the season.

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:43 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
    Tukker wrote:

Mason is still a few years off for sure. I don't see Leclaire going anywhere now, especially after signing a new long-term deal last month.

No, if we're actually serious about looking for a replacement for Gerber, I think the only viable option is Lehtonen. He may or may not be available, and I imagine we'd pay through the nose for him -- but I'd be willing to do it if the price were right. I'd start with Schubert + Gerber + 1st (ours or SJS's) and see where we go from there. If they want a prospect, too, I throw in Hennessy. If they start asking for Zubov, I'd probably balk. If they need scoring help immediately and everything turns on Vermette, then I'd probably have to say no.

I don't think that our goaltending situation is so desperate that we have to give up any key pieces (like Zubov, Vermette, etc.). And that's probably why, in the end, we won't get a deal done before the start of the season.
    still cant believe how cheap leclair signed for
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 5050
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

Post by SensGirl11 on Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:40 pm

Ok, so I know at this point, this is off topic, but I finally wrote out my roster.

This was the hardest thing I've done in a long time, and I have no idea if it even works...but this is it.

Heatley-Spezza-Fisher

Alfredsson-Vermette-Winchester

Foligno(McAmmond)-Kelly-Neil

Ruutu-Bass(Hennessy)-Donovan

Volchenkov-Kuba

Phillips-Lee

Smith-Schubert(Picard)(Nycholat)

Gerber

Auld

Elliott
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5817
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by PKC on Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:43 pm

I like it. I think almost everyone on this forum wants Fisher to be a winger, and I hope he can be convinced to become one. Him on that top line would be pretty good for him, his linemates and for the team in general. Plus that second line would be one of the smartest lines in the league.
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

Post by SensGirl11 on Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:17 pm

PKC wrote:I like it. I think almost everyone on this forum wants Fisher to be a winger, and I hope he can be convinced to become one. Him on that top line would be pretty good for him, his linemates and for the team in general. Plus that second line would be one of the smartest lines in the league.

I think it's the only way for him to reach his full potential. I truly believe that the wing is where he belongs, hopefully, he feels the same way.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13633
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:21 pm

Hopefully Hartsburgh also feels the same way LOL.

- Unknown Author
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

Post by SensGirl11 on Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:26 pm

We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Sponsored content