You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » Atlantic » Boston Bruins » Thomas is going to be hurting us for 3 more years

Thomas is going to be hurting us for 3 more years

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

davetherave


All-Star
All-Star
The Guy With The Mustache wrote:
davetherave wrote:
The Guy With The Mustache wrote:How long was it until Hašek was seen for what he was, rather than just lucky?

Shrug

Not sure what you are getting at...
Hasek is probably the only comparable I can think of for Thomas.

Considering what Hasek accomplished, that's quite the compliment.

Guest


Guest
davetherave wrote:
The Guy With The Mustache wrote:
davetherave wrote:
The Guy With The Mustache wrote:How long was it until Hašek was seen for what he was, rather than just lucky?

Shrug

Not sure what you are getting at...
Hasek is probably the only comparable I can think of for Thomas.

Considering what Hasek accomplished, that's quite the compliment.
Not so much in terms of accomplishments, but style.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
The Guy With The Mustache wrote:
davetherave wrote:
The Guy With The Mustache wrote:How long was it until Hašek was seen for what he was, rather than just lucky?

Shrug

Not sure what you are getting at...
Hasek is probably the only comparable I can think of for Thomas.

Style-wise, yes, but Hašek became a top-tier goalie way before he turned 34. He won six Vezinas, grabbing the first one in 1994, shortly after turning 29. You can't really compare the two.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
Lyle 'Spector's Hockey' Richardson offers another perspective on why Peter Chiarelli inked the deal with Thomas when he did...

www.spectorshockey.net


NHL News & Notes

Sunday, 05 April 2009 09:41

Catching up on some interesting tidbits of NHL news as the 2008-09 regular season winds down.

-The Boston Globe recently reported a key factor in the Bruins decision to re-sign goaltender Tim Thomas now was because he’ll turn 35 on April 15th:

The collective bargaining agreement states that if a player signs after he turns 35, his full cap hit must be carried on the books, even if he is bought out, at a cost of $2 million over two years.

Not that it’s likely at this point the Bruins might buy out Thomas over the course of his upcoming new contract, particularly if he keeps turning in Vezina-worthy performances like this season, but Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli deserves credit for his farsightedness just in case that option should arise.



---

Interesting explanation.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Word 'round the campfire is that the Thomas camp saw this as an opportunity to tack on a 4th year - which the B's obliged.

Good work on both sides.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
davetherave wrote:

And I don't know why some people seem to begrudge Tim Thomas, by all appearances a pretty cool guy, his rightful due.

Is it 'Bruin-hate' or something? Shrug

Wow, times have changed. I don't think anyone couldn't help but love the story of Thomas' late rise to fame in the NHL. Now, people wish he'd never come around.

Class A Moron. The funny thing is that all these devout religious people spew more hate than they try to promote. Because really they only love Jesus and God, and anyone who loves those them, unless they are non-white and/or homosexual.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Thomas is the perfect example of a guy that let fame and fortune get to his head. Remember your roots Thomas. Remember that without a lot of luck you would have never even played a single NHL game.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Or he's just plain old ignorant and intolerant?

The funny thing is that I have seen some people arguing in favour of him by saying ti is ignorant to criticize him and others like him because of their beliefs.

So basically, if you disagree with a racist then you are ignorant of their beliefs. If you say it is wrong to rape children, you are ignorant of rapists and pedophiles.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The Toolman is a racist?!?!? What the?!??!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Tim Taylor was the Toolman, get it straight SSF. Unacceptable mistake.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
wprager wrote:I'm happy for him, I really am. He looks like one of the genuinely nice guys. I just can't shake this feeling that it's house of cards about to come crashing down.

He *must* win a series, but the way the team is going, if he doesn't get them to the SCF I'm afraid the analysts will blame it all on him.

Still, he's got his $20M so he can retire happy.

So he is *not* a "genuinely nice" guy, but the house of cards kind of came down, although not quite as I thought.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
He had everyone fooled. Hitler 2.0

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
Tim Thomas is all about free speech and freedom.

Unless you are happy of course.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Hoags wrote:Tim Thomas is all about free speech and freedom.

Unless you are happy of course.

I have absolutely no issues with him doing what he does. If I was a team-mate or a fan, though, I would seriously wish that he STFU.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Riprock wrote:He had everyone fooled. Hitler 2.0

How so?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Because he believes in one type of people - those who worship a false idol. Anyone not recognized by "the book" is not considered a person.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Riprock wrote:Because he believes in one type of people - those who worship a false idol. Anyone not recognized by "the book" is not considered a person.

Did he say that, or are you speculating?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
IM SPECULATING!!! IT's what I do best! Sarcasm

I doubt he will have the balls to actually come out and say it if he did mean it - but I seriously see no reason why they would accept homosexuality but not allow them marriage. Technically by the religious definition, anyone "married" outside of a church and not repeating religious vows shouldn't even be considered married.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum