Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Share

    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Post by davetherave on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:15 pm

    And how about Pit Martin?

    The ultimate unsung player...

    ...along with his linemates Dennis Hull and Jim Pappin...

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47775
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Post by wprager on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:24 pm

    davetherave wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    davetherave wrote:
    wprager wrote:I loved the Habs players from '80s. Remember Mike McPhee?

    Mike McPhee...GREAT choice.

    He was always one of my faves. Not much style or skill, but he'd never stop trying.

    And to put a smile on your face, remember Gaston Gingras' skating strides?

    Gaston Gingras...one of my people (one of our family on Mom's side y'know)...LOVED his play.

    :D: :D: :D:

    Those were the days of hard working Canadiens teams...

    You're related? Get out!

    I loved his skating, and what a shot! Never on goal, but what a shot!

    top shelf15
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 161
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

    Re: Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Post by top shelf15 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:27 pm

    Randy cunneyworth tireless worker saddled with bad teams ,would drop the gloves in a heart beat when teams would try and run up the score against us
    avatar
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Post by davetherave on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:39 pm

    top shelf15 wrote:Randy cunneyworth tireless worker saddled with bad teams ,would drop the gloves in a heart beat when teams would try and run up the score against us

    Hear hear!

    I understand Cunneyworth's become a pretty good hockey exec as well...
    avatar
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Post by davetherave on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:43 pm

    And how about Elmer 'Moose' Vasko?

    Smile



    Last edited by davetherave on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total

    top shelf15
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 161
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

    Re: Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Post by top shelf15 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:13 am

    davetherave wrote:And how about Elmer 'Moose' Vasko?

    Smile
    How about one of my favorite blackhawk ,s Steve Larmer what a beauty
    avatar
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Post by davetherave on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:29 am

    top shelf15 wrote:
    davetherave wrote:And how about Elmer 'Moose' Vasko?

    Smile
    How about one of my favorite blackhawk ,s Steve Larmer what a beauty

    Steve Larmer indeed, a great Warrior who wore the Indian Head proudly...

    :D:




    Last edited by davetherave on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47775
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Post by wprager on Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:26 am

    Continuing on with my Habs of the 80s: Rick Green

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Post by Guest on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:08 am

    wprager wrote:Continuing on with my Habs of the 80s: Rick Green
    :D:
    avatar
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Post by davetherave on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:33 am

    Should we not pay tribute to Al Arbour as well, he who toiled on the blueline for the Wings, Hawks, Leafs and Blues, the first (and only, to my knowledge) player to wear glasses, and who went on to be a multiple Stanley Cup winning coach?

    :KKK:

    top shelf15
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 161
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

    Re: Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Post by top shelf15 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:42 am

    davetherave wrote:Should we not pay tribute to Al Arbour as well, he who toiled on the blueline for the Wings, Hawks, Leafs and Blues, the first (and only, to my knowledge) player to wear glasses, and who went on to be a multiple Stanley Cup winning coach?

    :KKK:
    How about mike ramsey in buffalo shot blocking monster,and craig ludwig and the shinpads ,two of my favorite give all for the team defense men :D:
    avatar
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Post by davetherave on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:51 am

    top shelf15 wrote:
    davetherave wrote:Should we not pay tribute to Al Arbour as well, he who toiled on the blueline for the Wings, Hawks, Leafs and Blues, the first (and only, to my knowledge) player to wear glasses, and who went on to be a multiple Stanley Cup winning coach?

    :KKK:
    How about mike ramsey in buffalo shot blocking monster,and craig ludwig and the shinpads ,two of my favorite give all for the team defense men :D:

    Craig Ludwig!!!!! :KKK: :KKK: :KKK: :KKK: :KKK:


    top shelf15
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 161
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

    Re: Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Post by top shelf15 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:56 am

    davetherave wrote:
    top shelf15 wrote:
    davetherave wrote:Should we not pay tribute to Al Arbour as well, he who toiled on the blueline for the Wings, Hawks, Leafs and Blues, the first (and only, to my knowledge) player to wear glasses, and who went on to be a multiple Stanley Cup winning coach?

    :KKK:
    How about mike ramsey in buffalo shot blocking monster,and craig ludwig and the shinpads ,two of my favorite give all for the team defense men :D:

    Craig Ludwig!!!!! :KKK: :KKK: :KKK: :KKK: :KKK:

    Man those look like goalie pads,this is a type of player that will help u win a championship
    avatar
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Post by davetherave on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:46 am

    How about...Mike Foligno???!!!!



    top shelf15
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 161
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

    Re: Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Post by top shelf15 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:01 am

    davetherave wrote:How about...Mike Foligno???!!!!


    I was going to say him but he was a leaf, And iam so very ANTILEAF its a sickness with me Crying ,jamie mcowin spelling not my strong suit probably belongs here too. A leaf as well, i dont feel so good with all this leaf talk :77:
    avatar
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Post by davetherave on Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:44 am

    topshelf, careful there, friend...

    For me Foligno will always be a Sabre...and don't forget he is father to another unsung hero...


    top shelf15
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 161
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

    Re: Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Post by top shelf15 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:19 am

    davetherave wrote:topshelf, careful there, friend...

    For me Foligno will always be a Sabre...and don't forget he is father to another unsung hero...

    I kid kid :D: i loved the sabres back then andreychuk,hawercuk,lafontaine,mogilny fuhr,and hasek as backup how did they not win a cup
    avatar
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

    Re: Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Post by davetherave on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:21 am

    top shelf15 wrote:[I kid kid :D: i loved the sabres back then andreychuk,hawercuk,lafontaine,mogilny fuhr,and hasek as backup how did they not win a cup

    Just goes to show you how tough it is to win that silver mug, eh?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Who Are Your Favourite 'NHL's Unsung Heroes'?`

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:59 pm