The Coming Goalie-Go-Round

Hockeyhero22000
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 4132
    Registration date : 2009-01-23

Re: The Coming Goalie-Go-Round

Post by Hockeyhero22000 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:17 am

he definately is ready for the jump i am saying keep elliot as a backup i dont think he has much more he is going to learn down in bingo he needs to play in the big leagues and he may have a high pulled ratio right now but he is a rookie goalie he is expected to play like one and he deserves the chance to be inthe big leagues and putting him down in the ahl may not give him the confidence he needs to continue down his great career.

LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:41 am

Hayden wrote:he (elliot) did play well - but his games pulled to games ratio has to be one of the highest. as murray put it - he has played like a rookie goalie.

He has still performed wayy better than Shneider, POgge etc who are supposed to be the future of their franchises. Id rather have a slow but sure progression than a hot and cold (inconsistant) guy all season. That slow but sure progression is a backup role in a full season schedule IMO, not going back in the AHL after playing more than 15 games in the NHL.

Hockeyhero22000
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 4132
    Registration date : 2009-01-23

Post by Hockeyhero22000 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:43 am

i agree 100% with you marakh
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

Post by davetherave on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:38 am

marakh wrote:
    Hayden wrote:he (elliot) did play well - but his games pulled to games ratio has to be one of the highest. as murray put it - he has played like a rookie goalie.

He has still performed wayy better than Shneider, POgge etc who are supposed to be the future of their franchises. Id rather have a slow but sure progression than a hot and cold (inconsistant) guy all season. That slow but sure progression is a backup role in a full season schedule IMO, not going back in the AHL after playing more than 15 games in the NHL.

So do you see a 1/1a rotation of Leclaire-Elliott for next year?

If so, how do you handle the Auld situation (i.e. trade)? And when? And what in your opinion is his market value?
    LethalLehner
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 783
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-26

Post by LethalLehner on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:37 am

I see a pretty hot and stable tandem between Leclaire and Elliott next year. Auld's contract is very well priced and Murray should have no problem trading him. It could be a good play for Murray to try and use him to get another pick or move higher up than 9th. Murray is a pretty sly negotiator so I can see him working something out that makes us happy. :D:
    davetherave
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 6803
    Favorite Team : Chicago
    Registration date : 2009-01-22

Post by davetherave on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:42 am

ElliottRules wrote:I see a pretty hot and stable tandem between Leclaire and Elliott next year. Auld's contract is very well priced and Murray should have no problem trading him. It could be a good play for Murray to try and use him to get another pick or move higher up than 9th. Murray is a pretty sly negotiator so I can see him working something out that makes us happy. :D:

OK, but to who? There are a lot of backups out there for a million or less.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:10 am