You are not connected. Please login or register

» All things PLAYOFFS! » Prager's Brackets

Prager's Brackets

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 13]

46Prager's Brackets - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:46 am

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Vancouver in 6

Anaheim in 6.

47Prager's Brackets - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:39 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SensGirl11 wrote:
davetherave wrote:Anaheim in 7

Chicago in 7

That seems accurate. Let's see if it happens. I think Anaheim are too hot right now to take down, and I will say the same for Chicago. They both had a mad battle in round 1 and they will both have less rest than the 2 other teams, which I think can work in their favor. Rest isn't always the best medicine in the playoffs.

Ottawa had tonnes of rest during their Cup run and the only time it came into question was the last round when the Finals were delayed so much that they had 10 or 11 days off which I don't think was the major reason for the loss.

48Prager's Brackets - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:43 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Do we put our predictions for Round 2 here?

49Prager's Brackets - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:55 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
504Heater wrote:Do we put our predictions for Round 2 here?

Wait 'til Prages asks for them then PM them to him assuming you're in the bracket pool that is. If you didn't join it at the start then go for it in here and predict away.

- Unknown Author

50Prager's Brackets - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:59 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
504Heater wrote:Do we put our predictions for Round 2 here?

Wait 'til Prages asks for them then PM them to him assuming you're in the bracket pool that is. If you didn't join it at the start then go for it in here and predict away.

Oh, I'm in from the start. cool)

51Prager's Brackets - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:18 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
davetherave: BOS7, NYR7, CAR6, PIT7, SJS7, CLU7, STL6, CHI6

Hmmm...well I'm batting .500 on my choice of teams at least.

As they say, close enough for government work LOL.

52Prager's Brackets - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:07 am

Apparently, all of your selections will be PM'ed to me, then I will post them all in one post here for the sake of integrity. With prags involved, he thought that would be the fairest way, so he approached me to be an impartial volunteer in all of this.

53Prager's Brackets - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:44 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
hemlock wrote:Apparently, all of your selections will be PM'ed to me, then I will post them all in one post here for the sake of integrity. With prags involved, he thought that would be the fairest way, so he approached me to be an impartial volunteer in all of this.

Impartial ... JAFO ... same thing (that's a Blue Thunder reference, in case you're wondering).

Anyhow, as Hemlock says, PM your picks to him by puck-drop, which should be 9PP (Eastern) Thursday.

I've updated the spreadsheet with the games from last night. You can grab it here, as usual:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/955066/2009_PlayOffs_Pool.xls

The standings:

wprager (that's me): 21
SensGirl11: 19
Sennies1980: 18

See the spreadsheet for the rest. Maggie is bringing up the rear at 11. Her closes human competition for the bottom are davetherave and TheGuy..., both at 13. But, trust me, you have not yet dug yourselves a hole too big to climb out. 8 points means picking the correct number of games in all four series (bonus=2 points this round).

Of course to get the bonus points you have to pick the correct winner. And you have to hope that the lead (that's me, did I mention that before?) doesn't pick any of them right.

Yeah, you're pretty screwed now. Sorry.

Seriously, I'm just kidding. Lots of games yet to play, lots of points to be taken. You're usually not out of it until the Finals. An upset could be worth 16 points to you (assuming the ones ahead of you pick the favorite), and another 8 for getting the games right.

I suppose you're really out of it if your only hope is to pick Carolina over Detroit in 3.

54Prager's Brackets - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:25 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
Just Another Freakin Observer, eh...

55Prager's Brackets - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
davetherave wrote:Just Another Freakin Observer, eh...

Yeah, except the movie was R-rated, so it was a slightly different word.

It just occurred to me, that Sennies1980, SensGirl11 and i went 7-1 in the first round. The only series we got wrong was Anaheim over San Jose. On TSN's panel no-one picked Anaheim, not even Maggie. I think our accomplishment is worth a little applause:
:^^: :KKK: :^^:

Where's the big clapping hands one?

56Prager's Brackets - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:Just Another Freakin Observer, eh...

Yeah, except the movie was R-rated, so it was a slightly different word.

It just occurred to me, that Sennies1980, SensGirl11 and i went 7-1 in the first round. The only series we got wrong was Anaheim over San Jose. On TSN's panel no-one picked Anaheim, not even Maggie. I think our accomplishment is worth a little applause:
:^^: :KKK: :^^:

Where's the big clapping hands one?

That's crazy. Wow. Good for you guys. :KKK: 🇬🇬

Where am I in all this (in terms of place?)?

57Prager's Brackets - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
OK, I finally caught up reading the previous page of comments. Wow, what can I say.

SensGirl, why did you think that Chicago's best hope was against Luongo? The season series went decidedly in Vancouver's favor. They definitely have an edge in goal and on defense, and that's what usually get you playoff success.

Detroit/Anaheim, can you really say that Hiller is better than Giuguere three years ago? Anaheim still have Pronger and Niedermayer, but both are a little older (has Pronger done much of anything?) The top line is excellent but, let's face it, Sellanne is showing signs of being a yar away from contemplating retirement -- and I mean a year *later*. But the biggest difference is they don't have that third line that destroyed the Sens two years ago.

Now, Detroit, they are pretty much as they were last year, plus Hossa. Remember, it wasn't Hasek who was in goal to win the Cup.

Over in the East it's tough. Boston *should* win but Carolina is very dangerous. Boston's been sitting by the sidelines for a long time. I just don't like it, but they *should* win.

I wanted to say that the Caps are a one-man team and will find it hard to compete against Malking, Crosby, Fleury, Gonchar. But Ovechkin has been so-so (if you count a PPG pace so-so), yet the team still overcame a 1-3 deficit to win oddly convincingly. Is Varlamov the real deal or is the pressure of *expectations* going to do him in?

Wow, I am finding it a lot easier to pick the West than the East in the second.

58Prager's Brackets - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:23 pm

Just an update, I've received 7 pm's. The other 6 need to get those picks into me before the round starts. Thanks.

59Prager's Brackets - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
Wow, I am finding it a lot easier to pick the West than the East in the second.

I find it hard to call most of the series. Anaheim is so rough and tumble now - and Getzlaf is one of the most dominating players in the game. Perry and Ryan are amazing 2 way players, Ebbett is very good as well - and then their checking line is lights out right now.

Hiller is playing on top of his game, but it's the resurgence of S.Neidermayer and Pronger to a degree - not to mention Beauchemin coming back from missing the year and adding a ton of grit and prowess. Whitney I don't like much, but that's a killer blue line.

It's a lot closer than people think IMO. Chicago and Vancouver are almost dead even, it's really gonna come down to the wire.

Boston vs Carolina should be done quickly, but you never know I guess. Pittsburgh should beat Washington, but it's gonna be a crazy series.

Fun time of the year. :##:

60Prager's Brackets - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
hemlock wrote:Just an update, I've received 7 pm's. The other 6 need to get those picks into me before the round starts. Thanks.

I'm waiting for Maggie to make her picks before I make mine Smile

61Prager's Brackets - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Ah, Maggie just made her picks. OMG, she only picked one upset -- Carolina over Boston!

Maggie, for a girl monkey, you've certainly got balls.

62Prager's Brackets - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:50 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Ah, Maggie just made her picks. OMG, she only picked one upset -- Carolina over Boston!

Are you posting the Maggie picks?

63Prager's Brackets - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
davetherave wrote:
wprager wrote:Ah, Maggie just made her picks. OMG, she only picked one upset -- Carolina over Boston!

Are you posting the Maggie picks?

They'll be in the spreadsheet once it's updated (again). Meanwhile, here's a link:
http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11809

The human panelists have not had theirs posted yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum