You are not connected. Please login or register

 » All things PLAYOFFS! » GAME OF THE NIGHT: Chicago Blackhawks at Calgary Flames, Monday April 20, 2009, 930 ET/730 MT

GAME OF THE NIGHT: Chicago Blackhawks at Calgary Flames, Monday April 20, 2009, 930 ET/730 MT

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
It's a nice example of what a team of Fishers would look like. All work and effort, no results.

Laughing3 Good one SSF.

Now watch Calgary win the Cup! lol

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Now watch Calgary win the Cup! lol

I think they could, but, they seem so intent on grinding out every shift that it's just rare that a team in that mindset wins it all.

Look at when Jokinen woke up and made some slick offensive plays. It woke the entire team up and sent them on the way to a victory in game 3. Before that the Flames seemed okay with checking the Hawks all game long and waiting for mistakes.

And they got 'burnt'. Smile

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Now watch Calgary win the Cup! lol

I think they could, but, they seem so intent on grinding out every shift that it's just rare that a team in that mindset wins it all.

Look at when Jokinen woke up and made some slick offensive plays. It woke the entire team up and sent them on the way to a victory in game 3. Before that the Flames seemed okay with checking the Hawks all game long and waiting for mistakes.

And they got 'burnt'. Smile

I've been watching Jokinen closely because I imagine him coming to Ottawa for Spezza.

Jokinen looks like he's getting caught up in Calgary's game and getting away from his game which, ironically, has a physical dimension to it. But he can't get lost in that whole "hard hat, lunch bucket" mentality.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I would never do that SSF. Really, I have a dislike for Jokinen.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
504Heater wrote:I would never do that SSF. Really, I have a dislike for Jokinen.

Is it because he doesn't have eyebrows?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
504Heater wrote:I would never do that SSF. Really, I have a dislike for Jokinen.

Is it because he doesn't have eyebrows?

Yeah. Ahhhhh!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
It's amazing how these two teams are connected...with Keenan being an ex-Hawks coach, as is his assistant Rich Preston; and the roles of ex-Hawks players like Adrian Aucoin (former Hawks captain) who scored last game and Rene Bourque who scored in this one...among other things...like the history between them...

I suppose that makes the match up extra special for Hawks and Flames fans...perhaps not so much for other fans...

From today's Chicago Sun Times:

Bourque, traded by the Hawks to the Flames last summer, said the setting was similar to what the Flames endured at the United Center in the first two games.

''It's just as loud here, if not louder,'' Bourque said. ''The atmosphere is more neat because we've been in the playoffs a long time. In Chicago, they hadn't had playoffs for a while, and the fans were excited.''

PS McGuire missed his shift on the Team 1200/TGOR this morning...maybe he was out celebrating with his buddies in Calgary LOL.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum