The Gods of War Vote_lcap20%The Gods of War Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Gods of War Empty The Gods of War on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
The blueline is the second last line of defense before it gets to the goaltending.

So far, there have been three guys that have played every puck properly, made every snap pass up the ice to break up traps, made smart decisions in their own end, calmed down their teams and ultimately lead their teams to strangeholds on their respective series.

Then there's what some would say is the 'ultimate' God of War: Nick Lidstrom.

If you had a chance to choose one of these four to lead your playoff team - which would it be - and why?

2The Gods of War Empty Re: The Gods of War on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:42 pm

If we are talking about the Sens, Keith would be the absolute perfect player to bring in.

Pipe dream, but thats what this team needs before we keep paying off 2 over paid, lazy, underachieving, inconsistant, goofs!

3The Gods of War Empty Re: The Gods of War on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:46 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
Lidstrom all the way. It's going to take a while for someone to take that from him, he's by far the best in the league.

My second choice would be Chara for sure, he's the next great one once Lidstrom retires.

Lidstrom is the ultimate captain who can change a game all on his own. He's there to lift his team when they need it and he plays the best defense in the league and adds a lot of offense as well. He's pretty much the perfect player.

4The Gods of War Empty Re: The Gods of War on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Neely4Life wrote:If we are talking about the Sens, Keith would be the absolute perfect player to bring in.

Pipe dream, but thats what this team needs before we keep paying off 2 over paid, lazy, underachieving, inconsistant, goofs!

I should clarify. This was who would you take right now, for this playoff run between these four players.

Not for the Sens necessarily.

These are the guys that have caught my attention as being at the top of their games.

5The Gods of War Empty Re: The Gods of War on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:48 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
Neely4Life wrote:If we are talking about the Sens, Keith would be the absolute perfect player to bring in.

I'd love to have him, but he'd never leave Chicago, if they ever let him go, it'd be as bad as us choosing Redden over Chara, it'd be the ultimate mistake.

Keith and Chara will be fighting for best D in the league once Lidstrom retires. Weber could fall into that mold as well.

6The Gods of War Empty Re: The Gods of War on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:48 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I'd be FLOORED if we could bring Keith into the fold personally.

But I have to agree with Neely, total pipe dream... but oh man, could you all imagine?

Or even the RETURN of Chara... Wink

7The Gods of War Empty Re: The Gods of War on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:49 pm

504Heater wrote:

I should clarify. This was who would you take right now, for this playoff run between these four players.

These are the guys that have caught my attention as being at the top of their games.

Lidstrom.

8The Gods of War Empty Re: The Gods of War on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:50 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
504Heater wrote:

Oh, I still choose Lidstrom for sure. He has the experience to back it up too. Chara isn't quite there yet, but he will be eventually. Let's see if the B's can make it to the Finals and maybe I'll change my tune. If the B's make it to the end, it'll be because of Thomas first, then Chara, then Savard and the supporting cast.

9The Gods of War Empty Re: The Gods of War on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I'll go with Scott Neidermayer because no one has the combination of speed and skill that he has - as well as being unflappable in his own end - and owning the PP.

Second choice would be Duncan Keith, because I see shades of a Lidstrom/Neidermayer combination in this kid. :****:

Third would be Lidstrom for being the all-around player that he is.

Fourth by a tiny hair would be Chara for being the destructive warrior every team needs.

Honorable mention to Chris Pronger.

10The Gods of War Empty Re: The Gods of War on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:57 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
For this playoff run, Scott Niedermayer. This man is otherworldly, and doesn't get as much recognition as Lidstrom. But when you measure up both their accomplishments, it's easy to see that the argument for the two being in the top five of best defensemen ever can sway your opinion either way.

11The Gods of War Empty Re: The Gods of War on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:58 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
oh, my bad...

In terms of this playoff run, Niklas HANDS DOWN.
a VERY close 2nd in Nieds, followed by Chara and then Keith.

Those are my top 4 for sure.

12The Gods of War Empty Re: The Gods of War on Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:04 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
Lidstrom, just based on the level of success he has had in his career/playoffs, Chara could be there someday, but Lidstrom is the D-Man that has had the greatest success in his career.

13The Gods of War Empty Re: The Gods of War on Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:12 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
Scott Niedermayer...the ultimate all round defenseman/rover. Hits too.

Fierce competitor and Cup champion.

Watching him last night against the Sharks confirmed once again what an extraordinary player he is.

14The Gods of War Empty Re: The Gods of War on Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
davetherave wrote:Scott Niedermayer...the ultimate all round defenseman/rover. Hits too.

Fierce competitor and Cup champion.

Watching him last night against the Sharks confirmed once again what an extraordinary player he is.

Same here. He was awesome last night. Simply awesome.

15The Gods of War Empty Re: The Gods of War on Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:16 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
SensFan71 wrote:Lidstrom, just based on the level of success he has had in his career/playoffs, Chara could be there someday, but Lidstrom is the D-Man that has had the greatest success in his career.

Perhaps in NHL hardware...but Scott Niedermayer...I could pull up his accolades right now, but I'd be copy and pasting the afternoon away if I did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum