You are not connected. Please login or register

Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Round 2 Detroit Vs. Anaheim

Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Vote_lcap246%Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 46% [ 6 ]
Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 1 ]
Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Vote_lcap223%Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 23% [ 3 ]
Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Vote_lcap223%Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 23% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 25]

16Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:27 am

davetherave


All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Ducks in 7! This one will go the distance!

The 2008 Stanley Cup Champions Vs the 2007 Stanley Cup Champions.

Does a bragginrites, knock you on yo a$$ grudge match get any better?

:##: :##: :##: :##: :##:

17Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:42 am

SensGirl11


Mod
Mod
BOO!!! I have no freaking clue how I am going to pick the winner here...

18Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:57 am

shabbs


Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SensGirl11 wrote:BOO!!! I have no freaking clue how I am going to pick the winner here...
Flip for it!

HA HA!

19Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ducks in 7. It's gonna be epic. Just diddling EPIC. Ahhhhh!

20Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:27 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
504Heater wrote:Ducks in 7. It's gonna be epic. Just diddling EPIC. Ahhhhh!

Have we heard from our resident Red Wings fan ASQ on this topic?

21Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
davetherave wrote:
504Heater wrote:Ducks in 7. It's gonna be epic. Just diddling EPIC. Ahhhhh!

Have we heard from our resident Red Wings fan ASQ on this topic?

Is he a Red Wings fan? I didn't realize.

In that case, he'll take the easy route and pick Detroit in 6. Wink

22Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:35 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:
504Heater wrote:Ducks in 7. It's gonna be epic. Just diddling EPIC. Ahhhhh!

Have we heard from our resident Red Wings fan ASQ on this topic?

Is he a Red Wings fan? I didn't realize.

In that case, he'll take the easy route and pick Detroit in 6. Wink

ASQ is a TOTAL Wing Nut. At least, seems to be by the constant adoration expressed in ASQ's Wingcentric posts...

And yes, that's what Detroit fans call themselves...Wing Nuts.

23Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:38 pm

SensFan71


All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:BOO!!! I have no freaking clue how I am going to pick the winner here...
Flip for it!

HA HA!

or she could base it on which team's players are better looking speedoes, that is completely scientific.

Puking2

24Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:46 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
Go injuries. Screw both of these teams.

Anaheim in 6. Osgood was only tested in one game (#4) against Columbus, and look what happened.

25Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
My God Detroit has some conceited fans. I kinda hope Anaheim dismantles them.

26Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:26 pm

Guest


Guest
I think the determining factor for the Wings is Osgoode. Anaheim will need to keep the stupid penalties to a minimum. Whomever can do that will dramatically improve their chances I think.

Wings in 6.

27Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I was at HF Boards for 20 minutes or so earlier - and I was in the Detroit/Anaheim thread. I said that it was going to be an epic series and that I thought the Ducks would prevail in 7.

Literally, that's what I wrote. This is a PM I got back:

are you serious?

Ducks in 7? do you even watch hockey? you're ****ed in the head, son. get a mother ****in brain up in there.


Laughing3

Some loser took the time to write that to me and PM it. I love it. This time of year is awesome - even when your team isn't in it. :*:

28Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
504Heater wrote:I was at HF Boards for 20 minutes or so earlier - and I was in the Detroit/Anaheim thread. I said that it was going to be an epic series and that I thought the Ducks would prevail in 7.

Literally, that's what I wrote. This is a PM I got back:

are you serious?

Ducks in 7? do you even watch hockey? you're ****ed in the head, son. get a mother ****in brain up in there.


Laughing3

Some loser took the time to write that to me and PM it. I love it. This time of year is awesome - even when your team isn't in it. :*:

Hey, don't call me loser! :gg: Wink

29Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:53 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:I was at HF Boards for 20 minutes or so earlier - and I was in the Detroit/Anaheim thread. I said that it was going to be an epic series and that I thought the Ducks would prevail in 7.

Literally, that's what I wrote. This is a PM I got back:

are you serious?

Ducks in 7? do you even watch hockey? you're ****ed in the head, son. get a mother ****in brain up in there.


Laughing3

Some loser took the time to write that to me and PM it. I love it. This time of year is awesome - even when your team isn't in it. :*:

Hey, don't call me loser! :gg: Wink

That's why I don't post on those other boards which are almost invariably infested with morons.

30Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Laughing3 Prags. That would be hilarious.

Yeah, I'm not posting much anywhere but here anymore. Amazing really, I was everywhere for a while, but I totally get my fix here.

That particular one is quite amusing though. I actually took 5 minutes out of my life to explain to him (politely, I swear) why I thought the Ducks had a chance - and also why I thought the Wings had a great chance blah blah blah. :blah:

31Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:45 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
Chris Pronger has his say on the series in the Orange County Register:

Pronger breaks down Detroit, SoCal

April 29th, 2009, by Curtis Zupke, Staff writer

Ducks defenseman Chris Pronger made one of his desultory visits into “The Jungle,” aka The Jim Rome Show, on Tuesday and broke down Detroit thusly …

“They play a very sound defensive game,” Pronger said. “I said this last year to somebody: They play so well defensively that a lot of times it gets overlooked because they control the puck, they control the play. They’re a very skilled team, but their defensive play gets overlooked because they score a lot of goals.

“You very rarely see Detroit give up a 2-on-1 or a 3-on-2. They’re very adept at playing defense, and because of that they’re able to turn the puck over and they have a great transition.”

On another topic, Rome also asked Pronger about playing in a less-intense hockey market like Southern California, specifically whether that atmosphere effects a player’s approach, and Pronger said it does.

“I think if you’re younger and you’re not seasoned, you don’t understand what it takes to play in this league, that can effect you,” he said.

“You might relax. You might take a couple of days off and not come and stay focused and be prepared. You’ve got to understand what it takes day in and day out to play the game.”

And what about playing in Southern California? Pronger said that, at this point in his career, after being under the microscope in Edmonton, he likes that it’s not as intense as, say, Canada.

“Coming here, you don’t really know what to expect,” he said. “It’s Southern California, there’s so much to do. But I’ve been pretty impressed with the way the fans know the game. They come and enjoy themselves … we’ve got a real loyal fan base, it’s just a matter of winning and getting more fans to come to the games. and get excited about hockey and understand what the Ducks are all about.

"Slowly, we’ve built that up … we’re creating that excitement again.”

32Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
So much for Pronger ever playing for the Leafs...or the Sens. Crying

33Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Detroit Vs. Anaheim on Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:41 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
No way Anaheim are better than 2 years ago.

Selanne - macDonald - Kunitz
Perry - Getzlaf - Penner
Niedermayer - Pahlsson - Marchant
May - Moen - Thornton

Best forward squad in post lockout history IMO. Hot Giguere + basically the same Defense.

Wathcing the SJ/Ana series, Pronger and Niedermayer are still the ones making the differences, not Whitney and Wychiewski, in a long series anyway.

I say Detroit in 6. They don't play 2 bad games in a row, and Detroit's 2nd and 3rd lines are awesome.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum