You are not connected. Please login or register

» All things PLAYOFFS! » Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago

Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago

Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Vote_lcap212%Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 2 ]
Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Vote_lcap218%Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 18% [ 3 ]
Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Vote_lcap241%Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 41% [ 7 ]
Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Vote_lcap212%Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 2 ]
Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Vote_lcap217%Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 20]

16Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago on Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:57 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Nasty Nas wrote:Canucks in 5. Better Defence, Better Goaltending, and even forwards (perhaps a slight edge to the Hawks)

The Canucks are a team that is just built for the playoffs. Can't wait to see them go to the finals

I was beginning to wonder if I was on my own on this one. I too believe it's Nucks in 5.

17Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:11 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I picked Vancouver in 6. *Note* I might change that for the bracket pool, so that's not my final prediction:)

Quenneville vs. Vigneault even? Really, Dave? Vigneault was >this close< to being fired. I remember him back from when I was a Habs fan in Montreal. Didn't do much to impress me then. Of course all I know of Quenneville is what I'd heard from Pierre, but Pierre knows everything.

Khabibulin was showing some signs of "slowing down" in the middle of that series, and Kiprusoff was not very good. Throw in their top three defensemen either playing hurt or getting knocked out and is it any wonder that the Hawks won? I believe Vancouver will be a much, much tougher opponent.

On the other hand, can you ignore the rust factor? Bobby Lou better play lights out in game one because I think his team-mates may take a little time to warm up.

18Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:35 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:I picked Vancouver in 6. *Note* I might change that for the bracket pool, so that's not my final prediction:)

Quenneville vs. Vigneault even? Really, Dave? Vigneault was >this close< to being fired. I remember him back from when I was a Habs fan in Montreal. Didn't do much to impress me then. Of course all I know of Quenneville is what I'd heard from Pierre, but Pierre knows everything.

Khabibulin was showing some signs of "slowing down" in the middle of that series, and Kiprusoff was not very good. Throw in their top three defensemen either playing hurt or getting knocked out and is it any wonder that the Hawks won? I believe Vancouver will be a much, much tougher opponent.

On the other hand, can you ignore the rust factor? Bobby Lou better play lights out in game one because I think his team-mates may take a little time to warm up.

Prags, I gave Viggy and Q 'even' grades because Alain not only did not get fired, he got his team to the top of the their Division. Not too shabby.

Vigneault is a better coach now than when he was in Montreal.

As an aside, Quenneville IMHO should be a Jack Adams candidate.

Of course Vancouver will be a tougher opponent for Chicago...no question.

Chicago will also be a much tougher opponent for the Canucks than were the Blues. Agreed?

IMHO both Kipper and Khabby played extremely well in Games 1 through 4. The goals were more results of defensive lapses and offensive opportunism on both sides.

In 5 and 6 Nik raised his play while Mikka's dropped off.

Nik's 43-save performance last night was nothing short of world-class.

McGuire, as we know, has nothing but contempt for hockey fans, as his anti-fan rant on Team 1200 this morning confirmed.

19Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago on Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:47 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
BLACKHAWKS OFF TO VANCOUVER

from TSN/CP

CHICAGO (Canadian Press, April 29, 2009)- Jonathan Toews, the 20-year-old captain of the Chicago Blackhawks, got his first taste of the playoffs and like so many of his young teammates, he found out just how different it is from the regular season.

And how difficult.

"You learn that anything is possible and you can come back from big deficits. Also, if you take a shift off, it can go the other way, too," Toews said after the Blackhawks finished off the Calgary Flames in six games with a 4-1 win at Calgary on Monday night.

It's the first time since 1996 the Blackhawks have won a post-season series. Next up in the Western Conference semifinals are the Vancouver Canucks, who have not played since completing a sweep of St. Louis last Tuesday.

The Canucks split the four-game regular-season series with Chicago, winning the final two. Vancouver goaltender Roberto Luongo posted a shutout against Chicago in late March at the United Center.

In their series-clinching win at the Pengrowth Saddledome, the Blackhawks used their speed and skill to finally subdue the more experienced Flames. And they got a remarkable 43-save performance in Game 6 from one of their tested veterans, goalie Nikolai Khabibulin.

"We beat a heck of a Calgary team. That's a team that has plenty of playoff experience," right-winger Adam Burish added. "A lot of those guys have been in the Cup final.

"Hopefully it answers some people to say 'You're not too young to win a playoff series.' "

Not anymore. After a short breather before starting the series at Vancouver, the Blackhawks won't have time to look back and consider what they've accomplished so far against the physical but injury-riddled Flames.

"After the first series, guys are tired. I'm tired. It takes a toll on your body, but that's what makes it so rewarding and so much fun," Burish said.

"Now it starts all over again. It's going to be so much fun. Every game is so demanding on your body and every day after a game, you just want to sit back and relax because it's mentally and physically so tiring, but that's what's so rewarding about it."

When it opened the playoffs, Chicago had only 10 players with post-season experience.

"I think anytime you have so many guys that go it for their first time, it takes a lot out of you," said defenceman Brent Seabrook, who played a solid first-ever series against Calgary with a goal and five assists.

"We learned a lot of stuff throughout the games and I think we've got to take that into the next series."

20Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:07 pm

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie
davetherave wrote:McGuire, as we know, has nothing but contempt for hockey fans, as his anti-fan rant on Team 1200 this morning confirmed.

haha what did he say?

21Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:22 pm

I had to go Vancouver in 7. I think the Hawks will make it a series, but in the end the Canucks depth on D, and Luongo in nets will overcome the Hawks. Sorry DTR Sarcasm

22Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:37 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
Nasty Nas wrote:
davetherave wrote:McGuire, as we know, has nothing but contempt for hockey fans, as his anti-fan rant on Team 1200 this morning confirmed.

haha what did he say?

davetherave wrote:The Namedropper was on a MAJOR rant today on his call-in to TGOR.

"Fans think they know what goes in the playoffs. They DON'T KNOW. I KNOW. Because I'VE BEEN THERE."

Please feel free to e-mail TGOR to get this clown canned.

McGuire even said the Canes-Devs has been "a homer series"...which is, as we know, each successive game having been won by each team regardless of home ice, simply not true.

Exercise your rights as hockey fans!

Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down

23Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:40 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
hemlock wrote:I had to go Vancouver in 7. I think the Hawks will make it a series, but in the end the Canucks depth on D, and Luongo in nets will overcome the Hawks. Sorry DTR Sarcasm

No apologies necessary :D:

Seven games are pretty even odds...

This from the very knowledgeable and objective Chicago Daily Herald columnist Tim Sassone:

Hawks can beat Canucks

Posted by TimS on Tue, 04/28/2009 - 01:44

CALGARY - Lot of good matchups in the West semifinal series between the Hawks and Canucks, starting in goal with Nikolai Khabibulin and Roberto Luongo.

The Hawks' defense did a good job shutting down Jarome Iginla and Olli Jokinen, but now it gets tougher with Daniel and Henrik Sedin, Mats Sundin, Pavol Demitra. Alex Burrows and Ryan Kesler presenting all kinds of problems.

Look for Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook to be on the ice whenever the Sedins are on.

The Canucks have a physical defense, but the Hawks showed against the Flames they can hold their own physically.

Game 1, likely on Thursday at GM Place, could be key with the Hawks having some momentum and the Canucks off since last week.

Looks like another long series, six or seven games. The Canucks are the favorites, but don't sell the Hawks short. They could win the thing.

24Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:06 pm

I said chicago in 7, Vancouver still have many issues ...

25Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:22 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
Howie, the esteemed hockey analyst Normand Flynn agrees with you. Here is a link to his article from today's RDS.com here (in the original French version):

"Detroit et Chicago en finale de l'Ouest"

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/273820.html

IMHO Normand Flynn may be the most astute commentator in francophone hockey media.

This is quite an interesting analysis which I shall post in translation for our GM Hockey Members.

26Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:48 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Canucks in 7! This one will go the distance.

27Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:11 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
The Canucks will be a challenge.

They have a great goalie. But great goalies can be beaten.

Ask Martin Brodeur.

Bobby Lou hasn't won the Big One yet. Neither has Vancouver.

And how many Canucks have Cup rings?

The pressure is all on Vancouver.

Chicago has already delivered on this year's promise.

The Blackhawks are taking it one step at a time. Brian Campbell said it very well: "We have the horses to do it and who knows what can happen."

These Hawks are inspired by their Championship predecessors.

Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 13_haw10

Now...stealing a game at GM Place would be just the thing.
:##:

28Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:55 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Luongo is heating up just at the right time... he will be the difference in this series.

29Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:25 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Luongo is heating up just at the right time... he will be the difference in this series.

We'll see... :D:

30Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:26 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Canucks in 7! This one will go the distance.

Shabbs, my friend, are you a Nucks fan now? Just checking... Wink

31Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
davetherave wrote:

For this round... yes...

32Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:29 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:

For this round... yes...

Heh heh...do you have a Nucks jersey? Wink

33Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:33 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I personally cheer for the Canadian team when the Sens are out excluding of course the Habs and Leafs because I just can't do it.

I understand the Canadian player content argument but I still feel that urge to cheer for the team based out of a Canadian City.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum