PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54296
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Fisher's surgery on knee successful

Post by PTFlea on Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:22 pm

On the Team 1200 just now I caught York talking to Fisher. Fisher was saying that the surgery on his knee was very invasive and took a lot longer than he thought to be fully healed...

But that's apparently the good news - it's 100% fully healed. Enough for Fisher to get back out there and get into a charity tourney with Chris Neil.

He's been working out like a demon and is in top physical form (this one took some prodding by York).

Said he's way happier to be playing with Ruutu than against him. :D

That's all I caught, but the knee surgery thing was the most important for me.
    beerandsens
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 862
    Registration date : 2008-08-10

Re: Fisher's surgery on knee successful

Post by beerandsens on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:45 pm

Maybe the only reason to be happy that we had so much off time this spring/summer with the early playoff exit.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54296

Post by PTFlea on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:54 pm

beerandsens wrote:Maybe the only reason to be happy that we had so much off time this spring/summer with the early playoff exit.

I agree...this time. Smile

What about his sports hernia? I thought he had issues with that too. I hope he's coming in 100% like he claims. He can be an amazing force when healthy.
    AlfieforPM
    Prospect
    Prospect

Number of posts : 47
    Registration date : 2008-09-03

Post by AlfieforPM on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:56 pm

I caught the same interview as well. There weren't too many hockey related questions except his health and knee. He talked about his hockey camp earlier this summer. He managed to raise a lot of money for Roger's house so that's great news. Him and Neil are playing street hockey with some 100 kids this weekend for chairity. Yorky also made a funny comment about how Chris Neil never goes easy on little kids at these kind of events and at hockey camps.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13608

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:39 am

This worries me a little. I really hope his knee is good to go otherwise he could have another below average season.

- Unknown Author
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 3032

Post by Cronie on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:57 am

504Heater wrote:
    beerandsens wrote:Maybe the only reason to be happy that we had so much off time this spring/summer with the early playoff exit.

I agree...this time. Smile

What about his sports hernia? I thought he had issues with that too. I hope he's coming in 100% like he claims. He can be an amazing force when healthy.

Oh yeah! I want to see Fisher coming out strong and PISSED OFF!! LOL

But seriously, I'd be surprised if he won't line up Mark Bell, for instance...

As long as his knee holds up and that sports hernia is a thing of the past, I for one am SUPER excited to see him suit up and hit the ice!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:04 am