You are not connected. Please login or register

New laptop...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16 Re: New laptop... on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:52 am

Mojo

Rookie
Rookie
I don't get the vista bashing. I have had it for two years and there is no way I would go back to XP. It has all the same features as XP, run pretty efficiently as long as you have a newer model computer, and has so much more polish. I know there were plenty on incompatibility issues when it first came out, but those days are long gone.

17 Re: New laptop... on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:54 am

I guess Vista is cool if you "own" everything you use it with/for...

18 Re: New laptop... on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:22 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Mojo wrote:I don't get the vista bashing. I have had it for two years and there is no way I would go back to XP. It has all the same features as XP, run pretty efficiently as long as you have a newer model computer, and has so much more polish. I know there were plenty on incompatibility issues when it first came out, but those days are long gone.
I probably need to spend some more time with it. This was my first view at Vista and I needed to get my laptop setup and ready asap. What I should do is setup a VM and give Vista a spin there to get comfortable with it and how it works with all it's new security restrictions etc...

19 Re: New laptop... on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:35 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Just bought the newest released version of the Macbook Air. Loving it! Best decision I ever made switching from PC to Mac.

Now have to buy this case: http://twelvesouth.com/products/BookBook_for_Air/

20 Re: New laptop... on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:00 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran
I bought a Macbook Pro i7 2.2Ghz with 1GB Radeon 6750 discrete graphics in January. This thing runs Call of Duty Black Ops no problem at all 80 fps. I upgraded the ram to 8GB. This is my second Macbook Pro and my 3rd Mac. I wouldn't buy anything else.....

21 Re: New laptop... on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:47 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I don't play any games like that, so the Air is fine for me. i5 1.7, 4 GB RAM, 128gb SSD.

22 Re: New laptop... on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:16 am

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran
PKC wrote:I'm planning on buying a new laptop soon. Hopefully something that can last a while...I'm also seriously considering a MacBook, so we'll see how things in the PC world shake out over the summer and what kind of deals I can stumble on to.

My daughter (who lived in Japan) bought a MacBook because MAC was the ONLY company that guaranteed technical support in English anywhere in the world and I don't think she'll ever buy a PC again. I bought a couple of "new" laptops for me and the wife last year. I encourage you to give www.tigerdirect.ca a serious look.

23 Re: New laptop... on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:20 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
TheAvatar wrote:
PKC wrote:I'm planning on buying a new laptop soon. Hopefully something that can last a while...I'm also seriously considering a MacBook, so we'll see how things in the PC world shake out over the summer and what kind of deals I can stumble on to.

My daughter (who lived in Japan) bought a MacBook because MAC was the ONLY company that guaranteed technical support in English anywhere in the world and I don't think she'll ever buy a PC again. I bought a couple of "new" laptops for me and the wife last year. I encourage you to give www.tigerdirect.ca a serious look.

I'd also take a look on Dell.ca. They periodically have very good sales, and they don't charge for shipping like TigerDirect does. They ship *very* quickly.

24 Re: New laptop... on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:02 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
I got a Macbook Pro. Refurbished off of the Apple store. i5 processor.

25 Re: New laptop... on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:54 am

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran
Number Twenty Nine wrote:I bought a Macbook Pro i7 2.2Ghz with 1GB Radeon 6750 discrete graphics in January. This thing runs Call of Duty Black Ops no problem at all 80 fps. I upgraded the ram to 8GB. This is my second Macbook Pro and my 3rd Mac. I wouldn't buy anything else.....

I spoke too soon. Since installing Lion, I HATE this thing. HATE IT!! Its pretty bad when Windows 7 looks good right about now. Downgrading back to 10.6 would be as much effort as to moving to Windows 7.

26 Re: New laptop... on Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:31 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I am enjoying Lion

27 Re: New laptop... on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:10 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
If and when I get a laptop, it will be used or refurbished and have no OS. I'll run Ubuntu.

28 Re: New laptop... on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:29 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
SeawaySensFan wrote:If and when I get a laptop, it will be used or refurbished and have no OS. I'll run Ubuntu.

Ubuntu (well, Linux) *is* an OS.

29 Re: New laptop... on Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:27 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:If and when I get a laptop, it will be used or refurbished and have no OS. I'll run Ubuntu.

I believe he meant that it will arrive in his hands with no OS on it.

Wink

30 Re: New laptop... on Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:59 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
Starting to hear people complaining about viruses and freezes on MacOS.
Yep, that's what happens when your sales go up.

I have the same PC since 2008, still Cussing fast and never gives me any issues. But I built it myself and when I compared the price of the equivalent hardware of a Mac, I didn't understand why It cost $500 less...
But, it's safe to say that if you are an average customer going in a store to buy a PC, they'll give you a Dung product and you'll eventually end up with a mac months later...

31 Re: New laptop... on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:01 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Wink

Indeed.

32 Re: New laptop... on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:40 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Wink

Indeed.

More to come?

33 Re: New laptop... on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:48 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Wink

Indeed.

More to come?
An OS install...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum