You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » Pacific » Vancouver Canucks » What's Next for the Canucks?

What's Next for the Canucks?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

76What's Next for the Canucks? - Page 6 Empty Re: What's Next for the Canucks? on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:45 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Canucks are a team that's going to tread water for years... Leafs of the West.

77What's Next for the Canucks? - Page 6 Empty Re: What's Next for the Canucks? on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:52 pm

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
I heard a bunch of Canucks fan say they couldn't give Hamuis away even if they wanted to. I don't know about that personally. He might not be what he used to but I'd take him on our top 4 personally. Playing with ceci.

Maybe there's something to be done there. Canucks want to lower their budget. Maybe swap cowen for Hamuis or to make Neely happy work out a bigger deal that would bring Kassian also.

78What's Next for the Canucks? - Page 6 Empty Re: What's Next for the Canucks? on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:10 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star
They really remind me of the Devils. The core is getting way too old to be effective and they don't really seem to have a "replacement core" coming up. With the Sens, I look at guys like Ceci, Patty W (in theory), Stone, ZBad, Turris, etc as young players with lots of upside who are basically taking over as core players. Who do the Canucks have coming up the ranks? Other than Yannick Weber (who I think is a quality player), they've got almost no young players coming up to take on big roles. Devils are the same.

Time to blow it up, IMO. Their window closed after they lost to Boston. Time to retool.

79What's Next for the Canucks? - Page 6 Empty Re: What's Next for the Canucks? on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:43 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:They really remind me of the Devils. The core is getting way too old to be effective and they don't really seem to have a "replacement core" coming up. With the Sens, I look at guys like Ceci, Patty W (in theory), Stone, ZBad, Turris, etc as young players with lots of upside who are basically taking over as core players. Who do the Canucks have coming up the ranks? Other than Yannick Weber (who I think is a quality player), they've got almost no young players coming up to take on big roles. Devils are the same.

Time to blow it up, IMO. Their window closed after they lost to Boston. Time to retool.
I think they are retooling personally. Bonino was a good pick up in that deal. They also have Horvat which will likely be good one day.
As opposed to the leafs I think they still hold quite a few quality pieces.
It's a game of trading aging players who are their prime or a little passed for younger prospects and assets. I think they have the potential to possibly do that over a period of 2 years if they pull the right triggers.
They could move a couple of D-men and get a very decent return on them.
They might have to deal the sisters at one point too. But that would affect their ability to play good hockey in the now. I would hold off maybe a couple of years on that trade.

80What's Next for the Canucks? - Page 6 Empty Re: What's Next for the Canucks? on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:42 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:They really remind me of the Devils. The core is getting way too old to be effective and they don't really seem to have a "replacement core" coming up. With the Sens, I look at guys like Ceci, Patty W (in theory), Stone, ZBad, Turris, etc as young players with lots of upside who are basically taking over as core players. Who do the Canucks have coming up the ranks? Other than Yannick Weber (who I think is a quality player), they've got almost no young players coming up to take on big roles. Devils are the same.

I think they are retooling personally. Bonino was a good pick up in that deal. They also have Horvat which will likely be good one day.
As opposed to the leafs I think they still hold quite a few quality pieces.
It's a game of trading aging players who are their prime or a little passed for younger prospects and assets. I think they have the potential to possibly do that over a period of 2 years if they pull the right triggers.  
They could move a couple of D-men and get a very decent return on them.
They might have to deal the sisters at one point too. But that would affect their ability to play good hockey in the now. I would hold off maybe a couple of years on that trade.

Fair enough, but I think they're going to find themselves in a similar position to the Devils very soon. A core well past their prime and empty cupboards. I think the sooner they trade the Sedins, the better. I think they need to blow it up and get max value for their aging assets. Look at the age of their players. It's depressing.

81What's Next for the Canucks? - Page 6 Empty Re: What's Next for the Canucks? on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:51 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Saying something like "the sooner they trade the Sedins, the better" is ridiculous.  It insinuates that the Sedins are actually tradeable, which they are not.

82What's Next for the Canucks? - Page 6 Empty Re: What's Next for the Canucks? on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:25 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Saying something like "the sooner they trade the Sedins, the better" is ridiculous.  It insinuates that the Sedins are actually tradeable, which they are not.
I disagree. They might. It wouldn't be easy but not impossible. They still produce. You might not get the return that they would get if they were individually traded and weren't the second but you could trade them.

83What's Next for the Canucks? - Page 6 Empty Re: What's Next for the Canucks? on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:34 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
They'd have to be traded TOGETHER ($14M cap hit total), and they're 35 years old. Not gonna happen.

84What's Next for the Canucks? - Page 6 Empty Re: What's Next for the Canucks? on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:02 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:They'd have to be traded TOGETHER ($14M cap hit total), and they're 35 years old.  Not gonna happen.

It would have to be to a team like Arizona, though they don't really have the pieces to make that trade. A team with a ton of space and a dearth of top-6 players would be the only option. Unless, of course, they were willing to split up.

Ya, I think they retire as Canucks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum