You are not connected. Please login or register

SCP '09 GAME DAY: THURSDAY MAY 14--CAROLINA AT BOSTON, 8PM ET

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Guest


Guest
davetherave wrote:The Canes did to the Bruins what they did to the Devs...

AMAZING.

That is what TEAM play does...MORE than a collection of talented individuals.

And Staal Vs Staal...heh heh...in Round Three.

Yup, dont need 50 goal scorers, 100 points guys, or all the money invested up front.

A good goaltender, a good coach, character, and leadership. Thats what wins.

asq2


All-Star
All-Star
Neely4Life wrote:
davetherave wrote:The Canes did to the Bruins what they did to the Devs...

AMAZING.

That is what TEAM play does...MORE than a collection of talented individuals.

And Staal Vs Staal...heh heh...in Round Three.

Yup, dont need 50 goal scorers, 100 points guys, or all the money invested up front.

A good goaltender, a good coach, character, and leadership. Thats what wins.

While I can see the thinly veiled attack on two Ottawa players in your post, you might want to take a look at Carolina's pay structure. Almost all of their money is spent on forwards. Even moreso when Staal's new deal kicks in next season.

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Rockon

Awesome!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cam Ward has officially made it in my books (and yes, I'm sure he really cares Wink ). Fantastic performance tonight, rock solid. Hugely impressed.

And how many beatings did Seidenberg take without missing a beat. What a diddling warrior. For about 5 shifts in a row Lucic just honed in on the guy. :^^^^:

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
504Heater wrote:Cam Ward has officially made it in my books (and yes, I'm sure he really cares Wink ). Fantastic performance tonight, rock solid. Hugely impressed.

And how many beatings did Seidenberg take without missing a beat. What a diddling warrior. For about 5 shifts in a row Lucic just honed in on the guy. :^^^^:

I am very curious to see the post mortem on the Bruins...they were almost, well not almost, they WERE...universally pegged as the "Beasts of the East".

...and IMHO the analysis of the matchup with the Pens should be fascinating.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
davetherave wrote:I am very curious to see the post mortem on the Bruins...they were almost, well not almost, they WERE...universally pegged as the "Beasts of the East".

...and IMHO the analysis of the matchup with the Pens should be fascinating.

Me too. There wasn't supposed to be any holes...

Sometimes there really is a team of destiny. Not to take anything away from the Canes, but everything went quite well for them in rounds 1 and 2. Now they have a legit chance the way Ward, Staal et. all are playing.

Cool stuff.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
The Hurricanes have now won their last six post-season series. How is that possible without a very recent Stanley Cup? Easy. Last time they made the playoffs they won the Cup. Weird record. I have no idea how to pick the next series. I'll have to wait to see what Maggie does.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Oh man... a Hurricane's/Penguins Eastern Final... blech! I don't want either of them to win.

BAH!

SensFan71


All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Oh man... a Hurricane's/Penguins Eastern Final... blech! I don't want either of them to win.

BAH!

I would take the Canes winning over the Pens, only for the Hawks to swoop in and take them down in the Final, yes Dave, am joining the Hawks bandwagon as they are the most exciting team still playing. Smile

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Oh man... a Hurricane's/Penguins Eastern Final... blech! I don't want either of them to win.

BAH!

I would take the Canes winning over the Pens, only for the Hawks to swoop in and take them down in the Final, yes Dave, am joining the Hawks bandwagon as they are the most exciting team still playing. Smile

I beg to differ.

Pavel Datsyuk does as well.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Detroit plays the same style of game as the Hawks. They both make use of Skill finess and puck possesion only Detroit is more of a veteran team with a much more skilled and proven Defense.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:Oh man... a Hurricane's/Penguins Eastern Final... blech! I don't want either of them to win.

BAH!

I agree. Can they both lose? ha ha. Tantrum


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum