You are not connected. Please login or register

Classic Rock Magazine Names Top Progressive Rock Albums

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

shabbs


Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SeawaySensFan wrote:Besides, the best song they ever cut was Crazy Mary which wasn't even on their album.
It can only be found on "Sweet Relief: A Benefit for Victoria Williams" IIRC.

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Besides, the best song they ever cut was Crazy Mary which wasn't even on their album.
It can only be found on "Sweet Relief: A Benefit for Victoria Williams" IIRC.

Correct. I can't remember if I ever bought that one.

Snuh


Rookie
Rookie
SeawaySensFan wrote:
504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I can't argue with that list. Frankly, though, Chez106 has turned me off Pink Floyd for good.

They play them too much you mean?

I don't know how they fit in other music in between Pink Floyd and Tragically Hip.
So yeah, too much.

See Emily Play is still Pink Floyds best song.

Piper at the Gates of Dawn, and, Saucer Full of Secrets are the only Floyd albums worth listening to, IMO. Dark Side of the Moon has to be the most overrated album ever. CHEZ has a lot to do with my dislike for that album, too. But in general, Pink Floyd without Syd Barrett is boring.

Nice to see King Crimson get some recognition though. Kind of surprised the album Discipline wasn't in the top 10, but the album Red is Prog Rock through and through.

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Besides, the best song they ever cut was Crazy Mary which wasn't even on their album.
It can only be found on "Sweet Relief: A Benefit for Victoria Williams" IIRC.

Correct. I can't remember if I ever bought that one.
A few of their live CDs have it too - Live At The Gorge Sept. 1st 2005 has it as does Live At The Gorge July 23rd, 2006 and the show at Benaroya Hall in 2003.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Exactly the same for me regarding Pearl Jam. Besides, the best song they ever cut was Crazy Mary which wasn't even on their album. They kicked Donkey playing Who songs on the MTV though.

Don't forget that PJ is probably the most professional and tightest live band of this generation. You simple have to check out some of their live work.

I would highly recommend Live at Benaroya Hall. Like...get it today if you don't have it.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:A few of their live CDs have it too - Live At The Gorge Sept. 1st 2005 has it as does Live At The Gorge July 23rd, 2006 and the show at Benaroya Hall in 2003.

Oh, there you go then. cool)

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum