You are not connected. Please login or register

 » All things PLAYOFFS! » GM Member 2009 Playoff - Overall Success

GM Member 2009 Playoff - Overall Success

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1GM Member 2009 Playoff - Overall Success Empty GM Member 2009 Playoff - Overall Success on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:14 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Vote was a tie with Pittsburgh in 6 games being the most popular choice :00: . It's looking like GM members overall success may drop unless the Pens can mount an incredible comeback.



Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

2GM Member 2009 Playoff - Overall Success Empty Re: GM Member 2009 Playoff - Overall Success on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Vote was a tie with Pittsburgh in 6 games being the most popular choice :00: . It's looking like GM members overall success my drop unless the Pens can mount an incredible comeback.

Huh? Last I checked there were 7 votes for Pittsburgh and 7 for Detroit. You confirmed that the vote was tied. Regardless of who wins the series, the GM Membership will add the same number of correct picks as incorrect ones.

How does Pittsburgh making a come back make any difference?

3GM Member 2009 Playoff - Overall Success Empty Re: GM Member 2009 Playoff - Overall Success on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:41 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Vote was a tie with Pittsburgh in 6 games being the most popular choice :00: . It's looking like GM members overall success my drop unless the Pens can mount an incredible comeback.

Huh? Last I checked there were 7 votes for Pittsburgh and 7 for Detroit. You confirmed that the vote was tied. Regardless of who wins the series, the GM Membership will add the same number of correct picks as incorrect ones.

How does Pittsburgh making a come back make any difference?

Well if you followed the other threads I made you'd know Razz .

When the vote is split the choice goes to the most popular vote.

Edit: Interestingly enough it only happened once before and It was the Canes vs. Pittsburgh series with Pittsburgh getting the nod due to the popular choice vote.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

4GM Member 2009 Playoff - Overall Success Empty Re: GM Member 2009 Playoff - Overall Success on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:49 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
So now that the question of the tie breaker has been addressed here is how the GM members have done.

We were 10 - 4 to this point and it looks like we are going to end up 10 - 5. Not bad at all. I think I might put money on our votes next year. Just kidding.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

5GM Member 2009 Playoff - Overall Success Empty Re: GM Member 2009 Playoff - Overall Success on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:35 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Cap'n Clutch wrote:So now that the question of the tie breaker has been addressed here is how the GM members have done.

We were 10 - 4 to this point and it looks like we are going to end up 10 - 5. Not bad at all. I think I might put money on our votes next year. Just kidding.

You can put money on my votes. I'm 11-3 and unless Detroit loses 4 of the next 5 I will be 12-3. And next year I'm certain to not pick San Jose over a team that stormed into the playoffs firing on all cylinders; also, Chicago now has playoff experience, which was the biggest reason I did not pick them over Vancouver. I think I'd still pick Boston over Carolina, though.

6GM Member 2009 Playoff - Overall Success Empty Re: GM Member 2009 Playoff - Overall Success on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:42 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I certainly won't be putting any money on my bets... I've had a horrid record so far... bah.

7GM Member 2009 Playoff - Overall Success Empty Re: GM Member 2009 Playoff - Overall Success on Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:58 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I am in another pool with some former co-workers. I decided to go "play for bananas" but I believe I would be in for at least a part of the pot if I had ponied up the $10.

Just bragging Smile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum