You are not connected. Please login or register

2009 RFA - Senators

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 2009 RFA - Senators on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:14 am

Phoenix30

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
I was taking a look at Ottawas RFA's at NHLSCAP.com for next year. Murray has 8 RFA's to worry about over the next year. I wonder what he has planned for them as I suspect he wouldn't keep them all and probably them one or two in a package for something. Depending how their seasons went I suspect that Nikulin and Glass can be dangled as bait and unfortunately I dont know much about Danny Bois so I am uncertain of his value.

Elliott
Smith
Nikulin
McKenzie
Shannon
Glass
Karlson
Bois

Your thoughts?

2 Re: 2009 RFA - Senators on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:17 am

jamvan

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
Phoenix30 wrote:I was taking a look at Ottawas RFA's at NHLSCAP.com for next year. Murray has 8 RFA's to worry about over the next year. I wonder what he has planned for them as I suspect he wouldn't keep them all and probably them one or two in a package for something. Depending how their seasons went I suspect that Nikulin and Glass can be dangled as bait and unfortunately I dont know much about Danny Bois so I am uncertain of his value.

Elliott
Smith
Nikulin
McKenzie
Shannon
Glass
Karlson
Bois

Your thoughts?
No worries:

Elliott - will be signed
Smith - probably will be kept
Nikulin - probably get traded or head back to Russia
McKenzie - ??
Shannon - Might be retained
Glass - I thought he signed a two year deal? I fnot, trade bait.
Karlson - Will be resigned
Bois - Either signed or traded

3 Re: 2009 RFA - Senators on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:45 am

Guest


Guest
As of this moment, Glass isn't worth a 7th rounder on the trade market. You will get absolutely nothing for him.
The goalie market is unbelievably saturated and GMs will not give away assets - no matter how insignificant - to acquire a second string AHL goalie.

4 Re: 2009 RFA - Senators on Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:43 pm

jamvan

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
cash wrote:As of this moment, Glass isn't worth a 7th rounder on the trade market. You will get absolutely nothing for him.
The goalie market is unbelievably saturated and GMs will not give away assets - no matter how insignificant - to acquire a second string AHL goalie.
You might very well be right, but Phoenix had asked about him last season.

5 Re: 2009 RFA - Senators on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:26 pm

Phoenix30

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
jamvan wrote:
cash wrote:As of this moment, Glass isn't worth a 7th rounder on the trade market. You will get absolutely nothing for him.
The goalie market is unbelievably saturated and GMs will not give away assets - no matter how insignificant - to acquire a second string AHL goalie.
You might very well be right, but Phoenix had asked about him last season.

Now that I didn't know. I wonder if they are still interested. Maybe we can swap him for Jared Staal. Both players are a gamble for each team but the risk is worth the potential reward.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum