You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » Atlantic » Florida Panthers » What's Next for the Panthers?

What's Next for the Panthers?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16What's Next for the Panthers? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Panthers? on Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:58 pm

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PKC wrote:

Christ that's a nasty trade.

Ballard-Kuba
Phillips-Volchenkov
Campoli-Picard/Smith/whomever

Plus those picks put us close to two of: Ekman-Larsen/Kulikov/Kadri/Kassian/Schroeder and Glennie/Ellis/Despres

Tough to imagine our stock doesn't make an incredible jump instantly. Although the hole down the middle on line one would be massive...and it's tough to say how we'd fill it with this season's below average crop of UFA centers.

With Horton? Shrug

17What's Next for the Panthers? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Panthers? on Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:59 pm

Guest


Guest
PKC wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Sorry to bring up that topic again, but with Martin moving that the first thing that came to my mind.

Florida has players that are already and unhappy to be there, *cough Horton*, and a stacked blueline even without J Bo.

Horton, Ballard, 1st for Spezza, Lee? Now I can see it happening with Martin out of the picture.

Christ that's a nasty trade.

Ballard-Kuba
Phillips-Volchenkov
Campoli-Picard/Smith/whomever

Plus those picks put us close to two of: Ekman-Larsen/Kulikov/Kadri/Kassian/Schroeder and Glennie/Ellis/Despres

Tough to imagine our stock doesn't make an incredible jump instantly. Although the hole down the middle on line one would be massive...and it's tough to say how we'd fill it with this season's below average crop of UFA centers.

IMO, Horton and Spezza would be a wash. I think what Horton can bring to the Sens overall is just as valuable, maybe more so, than what Spezza can.

Horton is a nasty piece of work who can score, hit, play on the other side of the puck, and is a pretty solid guy.

18What's Next for the Panthers? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Panthers? on Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:59 pm

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Neely4Life wrote:
Well I wouldnt give up my 1st rounder all together, but ya, moving down to 14th is just fine with me if you can grab Ballard who is on the verge of being one of the leagues best.

No, I'd want the 14th overall as well....hard to say if they'd go there though.

Sigh...nice to dream...

19What's Next for the Panthers? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Panthers? on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:02 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hockeycentral at Noon was tossing around ideas for GM in Florida and a couple names they threw out were Doug McLean and Doug Risebrough... they need someone that can sell the game, create sizzle.

20What's Next for the Panthers? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Panthers? on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:03 pm

Guest


Guest
With Florida and Atlanta both looking for offense and a "play making center" they may very well go off the charts to compete with each other in the same division, especially with Tampa shopping Vinny.

Martin going to Montreal might end up being a turning point for the Sens as well if Florida gets in on the Spezza sweeps. (which is a very real scenario right now)

21What's Next for the Panthers? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Panthers? on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Neely4Life wrote:With Florida and Atlanta both looking for offense and a "play making center" they may very well go off the charts to compete with each other in the same division, especially with Tampa shopping Vinny.

Martin going to Montreal might end up being a turning point for the Sens as well if Florida gets in on the Spezza sweeps. (which is a very real scenario right now)

A very real scenario according to you, or according to what's being talked about?

Sounds too good to be true IMO.

22What's Next for the Panthers? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Panthers? on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:07 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
Gord Wilson was interviewed on Team 1200 this morning and he suggested either Randy Sexton or Pierre McGuire may be candidates for the Panthers GM job.

The reality in Florida is that Alan Cohen and his partner have been cutting costs because they want to sell the team and the arena. With that as an excuse, they just fired the excellent long-time Panthers TV analyst, former Islanders/Ottawa 67s star Denis Potvin.

Living in South Florida during much of the past decade, it was clear to me the owners were never serious about putting a competitive team on the ice and/or creating a product that would attract fans.

So one can deduce Cohen was all too happy to get out from under Martin's contract.

IMHO Sexton has the inside track to be the next GM.

Who knows, the Panthers may decide to have a fire sale this summer.

23What's Next for the Panthers? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Panthers? on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
davetherave wrote:Gord Wilson was interviewed on Team 1200 this morning and he suggested either Randy Sexton or Pierre McGuire may be candidates for the Panthers GM job.

The reality in Florida is that Alan Cohen and his partner have been cutting costs because they want to sell the team and the arena. With that as an excuse, they just fired the excellent long-time Panthers TV analyst, former Islanders/Ottawa 67s star Denis Potvin.

Living in South Florida during much of the past decade, it was clear to me the owners were never serious about putting a competitive team on the ice and/or creating a product that would attract fans.

So one can deduce Cohen was all too happy to get out from under Martin's contract.

IMHO Sexton has the inside track to be the next GM.

Who knows, the Panthers may decide to have a fire sale this summer.

Wow...that's a little sad...

24What's Next for the Panthers? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Panthers? on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:09 pm

Guest


Guest
I know 100% for sure, and have for a while Hoton wants out. We all know the Atlanta is looking for help Kovulchuk. Tampa wont trade Vinny within the division.

Ottawa has shopped Spezza and by all accounts still are, that has been put out in the public over the last little bit.

25What's Next for the Panthers? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Panthers? on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I won't lie, I'd Dung my pants if we got Horton, Ballard and the 14th overall for Spezza, Lee and the 9th overall.

26What's Next for the Panthers? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Panthers? on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:22 pm

Guest


Guest
As for my souce, lets just say NHLers who are former OHL team mates talk a lot of trash when they are hammered at a bar.

27What's Next for the Panthers? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Panthers? on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Neely4Life wrote:As for my souce, lets just say NHLers who are former OHL team mates talk a lot of trash when they are hammered at a bar.

And did Horton say specifically that he would want to come to Ottawa? Or that there might be a deal coming?

I ask because I'm very curious.

28What's Next for the Panthers? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Panthers? on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:27 pm

Guest


Guest
He hates Florida and he wants out ASAP, that was a while ago though.

29What's Next for the Panthers? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Panthers? on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Fair enough. That much I knew.

30What's Next for the Panthers? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Panthers? on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:30 pm

Guest


Guest
I don't know the guy so I don't pretend to know his thoughts on that kind of stuff, but anywhere is better than Flordia. I was just around that night out with the boys, he just happend to be there.

31What's Next for the Panthers? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Panthers? on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I can imagine how down players must get playing in Florida - and that's no offense to the fans of the Panthers - but it must be difficult to go through the motions year after year in front of 5000 fans a night.

32What's Next for the Panthers? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Panthers? on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:35 pm

Guest


Guest
No offense to the Florida fans? Who are you going to offend? haha

33What's Next for the Panthers? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Panthers? on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Neely4Life wrote:No offense to the Florida fans? Who are you going to offend? haha

I know...I was just trying to be cordial. cool)

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum