Fakelund strikes again

    Share
    avatar
    Aetherial
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 152
    Favorite Team : Toronto
    Registration date : 2008-08-07

    Fakelund strikes again

    Post by Aetherial on Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:33 pm

    Nice work by Eklund today... he talks about Jeff Hamilton being out there, the day after he signed with the Chicago Wolves.

    Then he mentions 3 teams interested in Parrish, two are waiting for the Sundin domino. Then he lists 4 teams, and only one of them is a Sundin domino team.

    Just more all around nice work.

    Anyone else think that maybe at one time he had an NHL source or two, and now he is doing nothing more than comepletely fabricating stuff or regurgitating from other sites. It has become really sad. His already low credibility is falling by the day.
    avatar
    bluewhiteandgolf
    Prospect
    Prospect

    Number of posts : 63
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-02

    Re: Fakelund strikes again

    Post by bluewhiteandgolf on Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:51 pm

    Aetherial wrote:Nice work by Eklund today... he talks about Jeff Hamilton being out there, the day after he signed with the Chicago Wolves.

    Then he mentions 3 teams interested in Parrish, two are waiting for the Sundin domino. Then he lists 4 teams, and only one of them is a Sundin domino team.

    Just more all around nice work.

    Anyone else think that maybe at one time he had an NHL source or two, and now he is doing nothing more than comepletely fabricating stuff or regurgitating from other sites. It has become really sad. His already low credibility is falling by the day.

    why do you think we're all here, you're a leafs fan joining a (primarily) Sens board, that says something doesn't it????
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13649
    Age : 45
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Fakelund strikes again

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:54 pm

    Hey it's primarly Sens for now but we're working on it. Two Habs fans, 1 Leafs, 1 Canuck, 1 Bruin, 1 Ranger, and one Devil. It's coming along and I hear there may be an Oiler fan joining soon!


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 3032
    Age : 38
    Location : East of Ottawa..
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Fakelund strikes again

    Post by Cronie on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:11 pm

    bluewhiteandgolf wrote:
    Aetherial wrote:Nice work by Eklund today... he talks about Jeff Hamilton being out there, the day after he signed with the Chicago Wolves.

    Then he mentions 3 teams interested in Parrish, two are waiting for the Sundin domino. Then he lists 4 teams, and only one of them is a Sundin domino team.

    Just more all around nice work.

    Anyone else think that maybe at one time he had an NHL source or two, and now he is doing nothing more than comepletely fabricating stuff or regurgitating from other sites. It has become really sad. His already low credibility is falling by the day.

    why do you think we're all here, you're a leafs fan joining a (primarily) Sens board, that says something doesn't it????

    Thank you for that awesome endorsement.
    And while we are trying to recruit more teams fans to have more equal representation, we need your help! Bring them ALL over. The more the merrier!

    On Ek's site: to me it seems like it's been in a downward spiral for a few weeks, and I see no sign of it coming out of that tailspin.
    avatar
    bluewhiteandgolf
    Prospect
    Prospect

    Number of posts : 63
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-02

    Re: Fakelund strikes again

    Post by bluewhiteandgolf on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:15 pm

    Cronenbergfan wrote:
    bluewhiteandgolf wrote:
    Aetherial wrote:Nice work by Eklund today... he talks about Jeff Hamilton being out there, the day after he signed with the Chicago Wolves.

    Then he mentions 3 teams interested in Parrish, two are waiting for the Sundin domino. Then he lists 4 teams, and only one of them is a Sundin domino team.

    Just more all around nice work.

    Anyone else think that maybe at one time he had an NHL source or two, and now he is doing nothing more than comepletely fabricating stuff or regurgitating from other sites. It has become really sad. His already low credibility is falling by the day.

    why do you think we're all here, you're a leafs fan joining a (primarily) Sens board, that says something doesn't it????

    Thank you for that awesome endorsement.
    And while we are trying to recruit more teams fans to have more equal representation, we need your help! Bring them ALL over. The more the merrier!

    On Ek's site: to me it seems like it's been in a downward spiral for a few weeks, and I see no sign of it coming out of that tailspin.

    Dont worry about Eklund, another Sundin update should fix everything....
    Don't forget Forsberg rumours could start any day now!


    Last edited by bluewhiteandgolf on Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 3032
    Age : 38
    Location : East of Ottawa..
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Fakelund strikes again

    Post by Cronie on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:24 pm

    bluewhiteandgolf wrote:
    Cronenbergfan wrote:
    bluewhiteandgolf wrote:
    Aetherial wrote:Nice work by Eklund today... he talks about Jeff Hamilton being out there, the day after he signed with the Chicago Wolves.

    Then he mentions 3 teams interested in Parrish, two are waiting for the Sundin domino. Then he lists 4 teams, and only one of them is a Sundin domino team.

    Just more all around nice work.

    Anyone else think that maybe at one time he had an NHL source or two, and now he is doing nothing more than comepletely fabricating stuff or regurgitating from other sites. It has become really sad. His already low credibility is falling by the day.

    why do you think we're all here, you're a leafs fan joining a (primarily) Sens board, that says something doesn't it????

    Thank you for that awesome endorsement.
    And while we are trying to recruit more teams fans to have more equal representation, we need your help! Bring them ALL over. The more the merrier!

    On Ek's site: to me it seems like it's been in a downward spiral for a few weeks, and I see no sign of it coming out of that tailspin.

    Dont worry about Eklund, another Sundin update should fix everything....
    Don't forget Forberg rumours could start any day now!

    Oh, believe me, I'm not worried... LOL

    The thing is, I can't believe me people jump all over the Sundin and Forsberg crap. It's sad in a way.
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Fakelund strikes again

    Post by Riprock on Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:56 pm

    Wonder when he'll bust out the Anson Carter rumours?
    avatar
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5817
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Fakelund strikes again

    Post by PKC on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:27 pm

    I wonder when Ek will write a blog that actually makes sense. These rumors are so ridiculous and outlandish, and maybe he is just "putting out everything he hears", but come on. The trades he gets a hold of sometime make no sense in any way.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Fakelund strikes again

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:35 am

    The thing is that what he "hears" is people saying "all's quiet in Montreal...something must be brewing" or "Sundin was seen eating a hot dog; he must be getting ready to retire" or "It has been reported that Chiarelli threw away a newspaper crossword with the word 'checkers' written...this is a very clear indication that he wants to get rid of his physical players...Milan Lucic to anywhere else e4"
    ...
    It doesn't make sense because he has no common sense.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 55270
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Fakelund strikes again

    Post by PTFlea on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:14 am

    Aetherial wrote:Nice work by Eklund today... he talks about Jeff Hamilton being out there, the day after he signed with the Chicago Wolves.

    Then he mentions 3 teams interested in Parrish, two are waiting for the Sundin domino. Then he lists 4 teams, and only one of them is a Sundin domino team.

    Just more all around nice work.

    Anyone else think that maybe at one time he had an NHL source or two, and now he is doing nothing more than comepletely fabricating stuff or regurgitating from other sites. It has become really sad. His already low credibility is falling by the day.

    Not to mention that Parrish came out publicly today and said he's had no offers whatsoever from an NHL team.

    Swing and a miss.
    avatar
    Amnesia021
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 499
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: Fakelund strikes again

    Post by Amnesia021 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:00 am

    yes, but don't forget that when someone goes out of their way publicaly to deny a rumor, it means you can mark it an e4! cheers Razz
    avatar
    Aetherial
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 152
    Favorite Team : Toronto
    Registration date : 2008-08-07

    Re: Fakelund strikes again

    Post by Aetherial on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:38 am

    It's just that it really has changed.

    He used to actually post rumors of a player being traded somewhere.

    It seems it has steadily become less and less and less of that. Now it is articles that confirm something we all know, or it is some fluff piece about some past player...

    There are just basically no rumors anymore, absolutely nothing that could be considered inside information. When he even attempts to provide something... we get two players whose stories both have huge mistakes.

    It is as if he has thrown in the towel.
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7429
    Age : 39
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: Fakelund strikes again

    Post by rooneypoo on Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:03 am

    PKC wrote:I wonder when Ek will write a blog that actually makes sense. These rumors are so ridiculous and outlandish, and maybe he is just "putting out everything he hears", but come on. The trades he gets a hold of sometime make no sense in any way.

    That's what I said about Eklund's "McCabe to Florida" rumours a month ago, too, when he was by far the first guy to start talking about it. I dismissed the suggestion in high fashion, laughing at the ridiculousness of the proposal. What does FLA want with another D when they already have 9 under contract? Pure nonesense, I said at the time.

    Then the big broadcasters picked up on the story a few days later. And then more. And then McCabe got traded to Florida.

    I'm not a big Eklund fan, and I can't vouch for him or the autheticity of his rumours. I do know that he sometimes does indeed get it right, and that whatever he's doing, he must have some real sources because something like that McCabe trade made very little sense prior to the announcement of the details.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 49350
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Fakelund strikes again

    Post by wprager on Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:53 am

    Aetherial wrote:It's just that it really has changed.

    He used to actually post rumors of a player being traded somewhere.

    It seems it has steadily become less and less and less of that. Now it is articles that confirm something we all know, or it is some fluff piece about some past player...

    There are just basically no rumors anymore, absolutely nothing that could be considered inside information. When he even attempts to provide something... we get two players whose stories both have huge mistakes.

    It is as if he has thrown in the towel.

    Bill, you're a Leafs fan. Do you really need more aggravation in your life? Don't do "Ek". It'll rot your brains. Just read the comment threads and other bloggers. I realize Berger is not always (ever?) very positive about the Leafs, but it's usually for the right reasons.
    avatar
    Aetherial
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 152
    Favorite Team : Toronto
    Registration date : 2008-08-07

    Re: Fakelund strikes again

    Post by Aetherial on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:09 am

    rooneypoo wrote:
    PKC wrote:I wonder when Ek will write a blog that actually makes sense. These rumors are so ridiculous and outlandish, and maybe he is just "putting out everything he hears", but come on. The trades he gets a hold of sometime make no sense in any way.

    That's what I said about Eklund's "McCabe to Florida" rumours a month ago, too, when he was by far the first guy to start talking about it. I dismissed the suggestion in high fashion, laughing at the ridiculousness of the proposal. What does FLA want with another D when they already have 9 under contract? Pure nonesense, I said at the time.

    Then the big broadcasters picked up on the story a few days later. And then more. And then McCabe got traded to Florida.

    I'm not a big Eklund fan, and I can't vouch for him or the autheticity of his rumours. I do know that he sometimes does indeed get it right, and that whatever he's doing, he must have some real sources because something like that McCabe trade made very little sense prior to the announcement of the details.

    McCabe to Florida first appeared on Hockeybums as far as I know. In fact, when it appeared there, Eklund had a McCabe article mentioning other teams. I think he was late to the party on that one also.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Fakelund strikes again

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:31 am