Scrolling ad bar at the top...

    Share
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Scrolling ad bar at the top...

    Post by shabbs on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:12 pm

    Oh my... not liking this one...
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54296
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top...

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:18 pm

    Not sure about it either. It might be slowing things down a little.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24763
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top...

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:20 pm

    I love it!!!! I love you
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top...

    Post by shabbs on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:21 pm

    SpezDispenser wrote:Not sure about it either. It might be slowing things down a little.
    I'm not seeing any slow down...
    avatar
    Hockeyhero22000
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 4060
    Location : drifting
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-01-23

    Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top...

    Post by Hockeyhero22000 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:22 pm

    the link to sens chirp isnt working either or i cant get it to work the rest do
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top...

    Post by shabbs on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:25 pm

    Hockeyhero22000 wrote:the link to sens chirp isnt working either or i cant get it to work the rest do
    Same for me... the ad image just before Sens Chirp is not showing up either... check it out:

    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54296
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top...

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:26 pm

    Actually, it's kind of neat. As for this BS happening with The Arsehole right now, it might take some time to digest.

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Age : 37
    Location : Dorchester, NB
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top...

    Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:27 pm

    its pretty slick, I must admit, haven't tried clicking any of the sites though yet.
    avatar
    Mojo
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 498
    Age : 35
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-28

    Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top...

    Post by Mojo on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:28 pm

    I don't know about this one. It's more distracting than useful.
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top...

    Post by shabbs on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:33 pm

    SpezDispenser wrote:Actually, it's kind of neat. As for this BS happening with The Arsehole right now, it might take some time to digest.
    What?
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47784
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top...

    Post by wprager on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:44 pm

    shabbs wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:Not sure about it either. It might be slowing things down a little.
    I'm not seeing any slow down...

    You incensitive clod, some of use don't have quad dual-core CPUs 🇬🇬



    That 87.88% periodically goes to 99%. Mind you, a half-gig VM size probably isn't helping much. I should shut down and install that extra gig of RAM I just got, although I don't think it will do much to remedy the current situation.
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top...

    Post by shabbs on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:09 pm

    wprager wrote:You incensitive clod, some of use don't have quad dual-core CPUs 🇬🇬
    Hey... it's only a single dual core... with 3GB of memory. Video card has 512MB of memory too....

    Smile

    wprager wrote:That 87.88% periodically goes to 99%. Mind you, a half-gig VM size probably isn't helping much. I should shut down and install that extra gig of RAM I just got, although I don't think it will do much to remedy the current situation.
    Half-gig VM? WOW. That is cutting it close... crank it man.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47784
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top...

    Post by wprager on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:15 pm

    Well, I'm up to 2 gig RAM now (graphics card only has 128MB, but that should be enough).

    The scrolling ads are still scrolling -- seems that AdBlock is confused.

    The half-gig VM for Firefox is getting a little annoying. I do leave it on all the time, though, and there's got to be a memory leak somewhere. Probably the AcroRead plugin, or perhaps Flash.

    The CPU is up to 99% for Firefox even now, just after a restart and with only 90MB in used memory (78MB VM). This is horrible for me.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top...

    Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:19 pm

    I am dizzy... no likey
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top...

    Post by shabbs on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:27 pm

    wprager wrote:Well, I'm up to 2 gig RAM now (graphics card only has 128MB, but that should be enough).

    The scrolling ads are still scrolling -- seems that AdBlock is confused.

    The half-gig VM for Firefox is getting a little annoying. I do leave it on all the time, though, and there's got to be a memory leak somewhere. Probably the AcroRead plugin, or perhaps Flash.

    The CPU is up to 99% for Firefox even now, just after a restart and with only 90MB in used memory (78MB VM). This is horrible for me.
    That scrolling script may be causing issues...

    Good thing you're not running Safari... that sucker regularly chews up 400-500MB on my system... mind you, I usually have 13-15 tabs open at a time... heh heh.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top...

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:09 am