You are not connected. Please login or register

The Suggestion Box

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 The Suggestion Box on Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:40 am

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hey all,

I love all the suggestions that have been coming in and so I would like this to be the place where you put them so I can keep better track of them and act on them if possible. Some require technical skills so they may take a while but they're not being dismissed.

Please vote on the poll and let me know what you think of the new layout.



Last edited by Cap'n' Clutch on Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: The Suggestion Box on Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:52 am

Cronie

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wow! I guess I'm the only one with a vote cast. So there you have it, 100% the space is NOT too small! 8)

3 Re: The Suggestion Box on Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:18 pm

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cronenbergfan wrote:wow! I guess I'm the only one with a vote cast. So there you have it, 100% the space is NOT too small! 8)

OK, I've made the page much wider so hopefully that helps. Please vote though, so I know if further fine tuning is needed.

4 Re: The Suggestion Box on Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:40 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:wow! I guess I'm the only one with a vote cast. So there you have it, 100% the space is NOT too small! 8)

OK, I've made the page much wider so hopefully that helps. Please vote though, so I know if further fine tuning is needed.

I'm not sure what you changed, but it does look a lot "better" now. That said, another thing that stretches the page out is the automatic quoting of everything. If only the latest part is quoted (i.e. in the quote above, Cronenbergfan's post which is quoted in your reply would not be repeated when I quote your post in my reply).

5 Re: The Suggestion Box on Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:42 am

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I agree with you and I would like to change that as well. I need Jammer to help on that one or Cronenbergfan's friend. I'll have another go at it today to see if I can fix it.

6 Re: The Suggestion Box on Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:40 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I agree with you and I would like to change that as well. I need Jammer to help on that one or Cronenbergfan's friend. I'll have another go at it today to see if I can fix it.

Can the "ticker" run horizontally, in a row across the top? That would save some East/West rea-estate.

I don't think so. That would be something Cronman's friend would need to investigate. Since this is forum hosted by someone else it has some limitations. The future plans are to have our own web site but it will take time to develop and I want to be sure it's viable before investing in such a venture.

7 Re: The Suggestion Box on Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:57 pm

PKC

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
If you guys need help with the aesthetic of the website, I might be able to help a bit with that. I have a decent knowledge of coding so I might be able to make the site look a little crisper if you'd like.

I think we should also find a link for streaming Sens games. I know there are lots of fans overseas who might be interested in such a thing, or perhaps figure out how to stream it ourselves so that other people can watch.

8 Re: The Suggestion Box on Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:52 am

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PKC wrote:If you guys need help with the aesthetic of the website, I might be able to help a bit with that. I have a decent knowledge of coding so I might be able to make the site look a little crisper if you'd like.

I think we should also find a link for streaming Sens games. I know there are lots of fans overseas who might be interested in such a thing, or perhaps figure out how to stream it ourselves so that other people can watch.

I was actually thinking last night that we should find a way to do that but for ALL games. I was wondering about SopCast or something. Having a channel for each team.

I appreciate the offer. I will keep that in mind. Do you mind if I PM you once in a while to pick your brain? The problem with this site is it isn't ours so there's limitations on what code they'll allow us to play with.

I will absolutely take you up on your offer when we start design of our own site.

9 Re: The Suggestion Box on Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:51 am

Jordo

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
Also keeping in mind the foreign/out of town fans, posting a link to TheTeam1200's 'listen live' feature so you can catch the Sens game, and Sens talk radio when it's available. Hey, maybe the radio station will even throw you a bone for doing it :bounce: .

I don't know what significance that emoticon has, but I love it.

It'd be cool to have a "Game Day Media" part of this site (this may be moreso a feature of the bigger, money costing, site) that streamed the video, had the option to tune in to The Team's broadcast, AND have a chat forum below the streaming video.

Wow.

10 Re: The Suggestion Box on Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:41 am

Cronie

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Jordo wrote:Also keeping in mind the foreign/out of town fans, posting a link to TheTeam1200's 'listen live' feature so you can catch the Sens game, and Sens talk radio when it's available. Hey, maybe the radio station will even throw you a bone for doing it :bounce: .

I don't know what significance that emoticon has, but I love it.

It'd be cool to have a "Game Day Media" part of this site (this may be moreso a feature of the bigger, money costing, site) that streamed the video, had the option to tune in to The Team's broadcast, AND have a chat forum below the streaming video.

Wow.

Wow is right! I apologize for tooting or plugging my own post, but as I mentioned in the Blog, we here at GM Central dream and think big, and we plan on delivering!!
There will be many big announcements and updates coming boys! Believe me when I say these are very interesting and exciting times!!

11 Re: The Suggestion Box on Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:28 am

PKC

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
PKC wrote:If you guys need help with the aesthetic of the website, I might be able to help a bit with that. I have a decent knowledge of coding so I might be able to make the site look a little crisper if you'd like.

I think we should also find a link for streaming Sens games. I know there are lots of fans overseas who might be interested in such a thing, or perhaps figure out how to stream it ourselves so that other people can watch.

I was actually thinking last night that we should find a way to do that but for ALL games. I was wondering about SopCast or something. Having a channel for each team.

I appreciate the offer. I will keep that in mind. Do you mind if I PM you once in a while to pick your brain? The problem with this site is it isn't ours so there's limitations on what code they'll allow us to play with.

I will absolutely take you up on your offer when we start design of our own site.

Absolutely. I've already been looking at ways to stream games, and I believe a Sling Box coupled with a video editing/streaming program and one computer could probably stream 3 or 4 games a night.
Also, love the idea of a Media stream from the Team 1200.

12 Did the post area shrink again? on Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:38 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
It's gotten awfully narrow again. I wonder if it's time to reduce the allowable avatar size.

13 Re: The Suggestion Box on Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:18 pm

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:It's gotten awfully narrow again. I wonder if it's time to reduce the allowable avatar size.

Can't get anything past you can I? I'll put it back to the way it was. Just a sec.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

14 Re: The Suggestion Box on Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:49 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
Can't get anything past you can I? I'll put it back to the way it was. Just a sec.

Thank you. Much better (although without seeing it side-by-side with the old I really don't know what changed).

Question:
Is it possible to (by default) only quote the latest text (i.e. if Adam posts something, then Ben replies, quoting Adam's text, and Chuck replies to Ben's post, you won't see a third copy of Adam's original post).

Question 2:
How's that puck-drop countdown timer coming along?

Question 3:
How does the Calendar work? When I click on it, all I see is a blank calendar (except my birth-date is a link, but leads to pretty much nothing). Is the Calendar unique for each user? Or can only admins add events? Or is it meant for something else?

15 Re: The Suggestion Box on Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:18 am

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
Can't get anything past you can I? I'll put it back to the way it was. Just a sec.

Thank you. Much better (although without seeing it side-by-side with the old I really don't know what changed).

Question:
Is it possible to (by default) only quote the latest text (i.e. if Adam posts something, then Ben replies, quoting Adam's text, and Chuck replies to Ben's post, you won't see a third copy of Adam's original post).

Question 2:
How's that puck-drop countdown timer coming along?

Question 3:
How does the Calendar work? When I click on it, all I see is a blank calendar (except my birth-date is a link, but leads to pretty much nothing). Is the Calendar unique for each user? Or can only admins add events? Or is it meant for something else?

1 - sorry, I already asked Jamvan about that one and it's a forumotion issue to be addressed in their next version.

2 - Done. Thanks for the suggestion.

3 - I can't remember what access I gave for the calendar but it should probably be Admin only. I will have a look at the Calendar today at some point and ask the other three what we should do to make it interesting. Obviously upcoming Hockey events but perhaps milestones could go in there as well.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum