You are not connected. Please login or register

» Alphabet soup + Anouncements! » The Lounge » All Hockey talk all the time

All Hockey talk all the time

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 41]

586All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:10 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
All it takes is a stinky road trip and now the Sens will be lucky to make the playoffs?

Ottawa is 10-3-3 at home. If they keep up the stellar home record they only need to hover around 500 on the road. They don't even have to do well in the Western Conference to do that either. Lets see them get 3 of a possible 10 at home before we sink the ship.

587All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:14 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cap'n Clutch wrote:All it takes is a stinky road trip and now the Sens will be lucky to make the playoffs?

Ottawa is 10-3-3 at home. If they keep up the stellar home record they only need to hover around 500 on the road. They don't even have to do well in the Western Conference to do that either. Lets see them get 3 of a possible 10 at home before we sink the ship.

I didn't mean it that way actually, good call there. Laugh1 I meant that the position we're in at this time is a perilous position where there's 6 or 7 teams gunning for that spot. If we slip again, we'll be in deep Dung and we'll be overtaken by more than one team. That's the kiss of death when you get 4 or 5 teams ahead of you and suddenly you're in 12th looking up at the playoffs. A lot of things have to go right - and we have to play hard - to avoid that.

Can it be done? Abso-Diddling-lutely. We WILL do it (I hope).

588All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:18 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:All it takes is a stinky road trip and now the Sens will be lucky to make the playoffs?

Pretty sure I maintained that they would be lucky to make the playoffs since about the begining of November and that West Coast Trip would probably tell the story.

Is there even 10 home points left to get? Pretty sure their entire season has been at home thus far except one road trip where they got murdered.

Ottawa is in the bottom 5 in the league in terms of road teams, they are awful on the road and have gotten lucky 2 times on the road this year to get a win when they only have 4. Leciare was unreal in both Toronto and MTL and stole both those games.

Ottawa is no where near a lock to make the playoffs and absolutely would be lucky to make the playoffs. They wont get in if that road record is less then 500, loooong ways to go in that aspect.

589All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:33 pm

N4L,

I think you are overstating the situation, we have played 12 road games while all but 1 team behind us have played 12-15. Only 3 have a point per game on the road, including the Leafs, who are absolute Dung at home.

We are 3 points under a point per game on the road, it is not that bad. Also, most of those teams are fairly Dung at home too. If we play .500 on the road from here on out, I guarantee we make the playoffs. Remember we have played 4 of our West coast games already.

Sens will make the playoffs. You can come back in April and admit you were WRONG!!!!!

590All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:48 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore
N4L wrote:

Pretty sure I maintained that they would be lucky to make the playoffs since about the begining of November and that West Coast Trip would probably tell the story.

Is there even 10 home points left to get? Pretty sure their entire season has been at home thus far except one road trip where they got murdered.

Ottawa is in the bottom 5 in the league in terms of road teams, they are awful on the road and have gotten lucky 2 times on the road this year to get a win when they only have 4. Leciare was unreal in both Toronto and MTL and stole both those games.

Ottawa is no where near a lock to make the playoffs and absolutely would be lucky to make the playoffs. They wont get in if that road record is less then 500, loooong ways to go in that aspect.

I didn't mean to start a pissing match. It's pretty hard for me to defend my stance that I believe they are a 5/6 team in the east and overall a top 15 team. With that said I was simply interested in comparing the list of teams N4L believe are below Ottawa to mine. For interest sake here is my list.

EAST
NY Islanders
Montreal
Toronto
Carolina
Tampa Bay
Florida
Atlanta

West
Anaheim
Minnesota
Edmonton
Dallas
Nashville
Phoenix

I realize some of my teams are in the playoffs, but this was my list prior to the start of the season and I still don't see Phoenix and Dallas beating out the likes of Columbus Detroit and St. Louis

591All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:41 pm

RobbyJ wrote:N4L,

I think you are overstating the situation, we have played 12 road games while all but 1 team behind us have played 12-15. Only 3 have a point per game on the road, including the Leafs, who are absolute Dung at home.

We are 3 points under a point per game on the road, it is not that bad. Also, most of those teams are fairly Dung at home too. If we play .500 on the road from here on out, I guarantee we make the playoffs. Remember we have played 4 of our West coast games already.

Sens will make the playoffs. You can come back in April and admit you were WRONG!!!!!

It's not the points they are getting on the road, it's how they are playing on the road. They have been brutal. They have a lot of games coming up and teams behind The Sens are coming on quick. They literally lost 7 in a row on the road, that's brutal.

I would be very surprised if The Sens made the playoffs just based on how poorly they play on the road and how mentally weak this team is still.

592All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:44 pm

Devo wrote:
N4L wrote:

I didn't mean to start a pissing match. It's pretty hard for me to defend my stance that I believe they are a 5/6 team in the east and overall a top 15 team. With that said I was simply interested in comparing the list of teams N4L believe are below Ottawa to mine. For interest sake here is my list.

EAST
NY Islanders
Montreal
Toronto
Carolina
Tampa Bay
Florida
Atlanta

West
Anaheim
Minnesota
Edmonton
Dallas
Nashville
Phoenix

I realize some of my teams are in the playoffs, but this was my list prior to the start of the season and I still don't see Phoenix and Dallas beating out the likes of Columbus Detroit and St. Louis

Dallas is a pretty solid team man. They have a decent D, a true number 1 in the nets, 2 lines that can score, leadership, grit... they are only 1 year removed from being in the WCF against Detroit. Dallas is a better team then Ottawa, they are just as good, if not better at every position.

593All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:50 pm

Then again, Carolina is no years removed from being in the ECF against Pittsburgh... And Ottawa is only 2 years removed from being in the SCF against Anaheim.

just saying....

594All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:52 pm

I still dont know how Carolina got there last year...

595All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:55 pm

I still don't know how they won the Cup...

people talk about 06-07 as our year to win it...05-06 was our year!
sob

596All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:58 pm

05-06 was 100% The Sens year. Staal was insane as per normal though last year when it came to crunch time. He delivers 100% of the time.

597All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time on Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:00 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm still pissed that Diddling Tampa Bay has a Cup and we don't... GRRRR!!!

598All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time on Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:02 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Did everyone forget what I posted earlier in another thread? The Sens were 3 for 4 on the road against the East before A-Train went down. The West-coast swing was bad, no doubt, but we still got a point against Boston at the start of the road trip. We are definitely a .500 East-road team or better with a full lineup -- don't forget that we are also without our #1 and fairly important cogs on the third and fourth lines (Neil and Donovan).

It may not have mattered much before, but now that we are getting power play opportunities we need to get something going there. Who is the PP coach? We've got six or seven coaches, so at least one of them needs to be fired because it's not getting done.

Sit Spezza out for a few games because he's definitely not playing to his potential -- injury or not, he's hurting the team. Kovalev, did he really charter a plane to leave Anaheim early to fly to Montreal? They should have given him a night off -- unpaid, of course. It's one thing to miss a few games flying to Russia for your mother-in-law's funeral, but DVD promos should be done off-season or, at least, scheduled on a day when you're actually in town.

Shannon is just not getting anything done. I was a big fan of him on the PP point last year, but enough is enough. When Neil comes back he better sit instead of the likes of Regin or Winchester.

What's up with Regin? Is he in Clouston's doghouse? Why? I know he's not lighting it up, but there have been many games where he'd be benched for the third or even second periods. Why not extend the same courtesy to Spezza and Kovalev?

Do we have too many coaches, perhaps? Maybe too many cooks.

599All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:03 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
RobbyJ wrote:N4L,

He can't admit he's wrong. All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 62136 Seriously though he said the Sens would be lucky to make the playoffs. If they make the playoffs he'll just chalk it up to luck and he's not wrong. All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 42833

- Unknown Author

600All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:04 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:Did everyone forget what I posted earlier in another thread? The Sens were 3 for 4 on the road against the East before A-Train went down. The West-coast swing was bad, no doubt, but we still got a point against Boston at the start of the road trip. We are definitely a .500 East-road team or better with a full lineup -- don't forget that we are also without our #1 and fairly important cogs on the third and fourth lines (Neil and Donovan).

It may not have mattered much before, but now that we are getting power play opportunities we need to get something going there. Who is the PP coach? We've got six or seven coaches, so at least one of them needs to be fired because it's not getting done.

Sit Spezza out for a few games because he's definitely not playing to his potential -- injury or not, he's hurting the team. Kovalev, did he really charter a plane to leave Anaheim early to fly to Montreal? They should have given him a night off -- unpaid, of course. It's one thing to miss a few games flying to Russia for your mother-in-law's funeral, but DVD promos should be done off-season or, at least, scheduled on a day when you're actually in town.

Shannon is just not getting anything done. I was a big fan of him on the PP point last year, but enough is enough. When Neil comes back he better sit instead of the likes of Regin or Winchester.

What's up with Regin? Is he in Clouston's doghouse? Why? I know he's not lighting it up, but there have been many games where he'd be benched for the third or even second periods. Why not extend the same courtesy to Spezza and Kovalev?

Too many cooks. Fire one of the cooks. All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 805406

- Unknown Author

601All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:48 am

wprager wrote:Did everyone forget what I posted earlier in another thread? The Sens were 3 for 4 on the road against the East before A-Train went down. The West-coast swing was bad, no doubt, but we still got a point against Boston at the start of the road trip. We are definitely a .500 East-road team or better with a full lineup -- don't forget that we are also without our #1 and fairly important cogs on the third and fourth lines (Neil and Donovan).

Beat Toronto on a high stick and a penalty shot, totally outplayed against MTL and Leciare stole 2 points, Forida they barly got by and then got hammered the next night in Tampa.

They might have got 3 wins but they were not the best team on the ice on those 3 nights.

602All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:18 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
N4L wrote:

Beat Toronto on a high stick and a penalty shot, totally outplayed against MTL and Leciare stole 2 points, Forida they barly got by and then got hammered the next night in Tampa.

They might have got 3 wins but they were not the best team on the ice on those 3 nights.

Yawn And if ifs and buts were candy and nuts...

- Unknown Author

603All Hockey talk all the time - Page 40 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:20 pm

Just saying, dont tell me The Sens have were playing fine on the road before that west coast trip, becuase they wernt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum