You are not connected. Please login or register

» All things PLAYOFFS! » GAME DAY: SCP '09, FRIDAY JUNE 12, STANLEY CUP FINAL--PITTSBURGH AT DETROIT, 800 PM ET

GAME DAY: SCP '09, FRIDAY JUNE 12, STANLEY CUP FINAL--PITTSBURGH AT DETROIT, 800 PM ET

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

WHO WINS GAME SEVEN AND THE STANLEY CUP?

GAME DAY: SCP '09, FRIDAY JUNE 12, STANLEY CUP FINAL--PITTSBURGH AT DETROIT, 800 PM ET - Page 2 Vote_lcap262%GAME DAY: SCP '09, FRIDAY JUNE 12, STANLEY CUP FINAL--PITTSBURGH AT DETROIT, 800 PM ET - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 62% [ 8 ]
GAME DAY: SCP '09, FRIDAY JUNE 12, STANLEY CUP FINAL--PITTSBURGH AT DETROIT, 800 PM ET - Page 2 Vote_lcap238%GAME DAY: SCP '09, FRIDAY JUNE 12, STANLEY CUP FINAL--PITTSBURGH AT DETROIT, 800 PM ET - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Well Pragues knows who I'm cheering for.

You're cheering for a triple-OT victory, with with Malkin dipsy-doodling around Hossa for the winner.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:voted for the Wings, let's get this over already and get to the real exciting stuff, the off season and the draft.

Hear, hear!

In this order:

1. Heatley trade
2. Draft
3. Sens development camp
4. Hockey Canada (jr) development camp
5. Training camp
6. Pre-season
7. Season openers (at home and abroad)

As Shabbs would say, get those beers on ice.
Heh. Heatley's $4M bonus may cause an issue with a trade before July 1st...

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
SensFan71 wrote:
ElliottRules wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:voted for the Wings, let's get this over already and get to the real exciting stuff, the off season and the draft.

I agree SF71. Can we get to the draft and trades already!! Wings will win tonight.

unfortunately we still have the awards show to suffer through yet, and its not even in Toronto, Bettman must have had something to do with that. 🇬🇬

I have *never* ever watched one of those. What's the point?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:As Shabbs would say, get those beers on ice.
Indeed!

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
ElliottRules wrote:

I agree SF71. Can we get to the draft and trades already!! Wings will win tonight.

unfortunately we still have the awards show to suffer through yet, and its not even in Toronto, Bettman must have had something to do with that. 🇬🇬

I have *never* ever watched one of those. What's the point?

my wife likes to see hockey players in suits, well, certain ones anyway, but I told her Fisher and Spezza are not nominated for anything, so they won't be there, that got her disappointed. Laughing3

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Hear, hear!

In this order:

1. Heatley trade
2. Draft
3. Sens development camp
5. Training camp
6. Pre-season

In Murray we trust for that one, he is a wily old negotiator that will find a way still to get the best return.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
ElliottRules wrote:

Vegas baby, Vegas!

Well, what happens in Vegas should stay in Vegas. Why do they have to show it in Prime Time.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Hear, hear!

In this order:

1. Heatley trade
2. Draft
3. Sens development camp
5. Training camp
6. Pre-season

In Murray we trust for that one, he is a wily old negotiator that will find a way still to get the best return.

Is there *any* reason why a bonus has to be paid after July 1st, though? As long as it is paid in the year it is counted against the cap, it shouldn't matter. Emery's buy-out was lump-summed, why couldn't similar rules apply? Again, it makes sens for the deal to happen before the draft for very, very obvious reasons, and I don't think some artificial date will stand in the way of that happening.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:Is there *any* reason why a bonus has to be paid after July 1st, though? As long as it is paid in the year it is counted against the cap, it shouldn't matter. Emery's buy-out was lump-summed, why couldn't similar rules apply? Again, it makes sens for the deal to happen before the draft for very, very obvious reasons, and I don't think some artificial date will stand in the way of that happening.
This is a bonus for next year's salary... so it only kicks in on July 1st.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Hear, hear!

In this order:

1. Heatley trade
2. Draft
3. Sens development camp
5. Training camp
6. Pre-season

Is there *any* reason why a bonus has to be paid after July 1st, though? As long as it is paid in the year it is counted against the cap, it shouldn't matter. Emery's buy-out was lump-summed, why couldn't similar rules apply? Again, it makes sens for the deal to happen before the draft for very, very obvious reasons, and I don't think some artificial date will stand in the way of that happening.

well again I am not an expert on this one, but apparently this quote on quote 4M bonus was built into this salary, so I am guessing that means he must be paid that after July 1st, which I am really confusing myself on this, but a couple of people have pointed out this is like the McCabe situation a couple of years back.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Getting back to the game tonight...

Sykora is out with a broken foot, Satan is in.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
BOOO PENGUINS.

you can't spell Crosby without C-R-Y

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Hear, hear!

In this order:

1. Heatley trade
2. Draft
3. Sens development camp
5. Training camp
6. Pre-season

well again I am not an expert on this one, but apparently this quote on quote 4M bonus was built into this salary, so I am guessing that means he must be paid that after July 1st, which I am really confusing myself on this, but a couple of people have pointed out this is like the McCabe situation a couple of years back.

There is a big, big difference with McCabe. McCabe didn't want out of Toronto. Toronto wanted him gone. So whoever got him wasn't necessarily getting a happy camper joyful about getting a fresh start. Also, McCabe was overpaid for waht he used to bring, and very overpaid for what he was actually bringing. Heatley could actually be worth his contract if he plays like he has the last 4 years (last year was the anomaly, in other words).

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
The contest tonight is the 87th playoff game played this year.

Is the pressure on the Penguins?

Or on the Wings?

How many goals tonight?

Which players are the 'difference makers'?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
davetherave wrote:The contest tonight is the 87th playoff game played this year.

Or on the Wings?

How many goals tonight?

You tell us...

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
davetherave wrote:The contest tonight is the 87th playoff game played this year.

Or on the Wings?

How many goals tonight?

anyone thing that 87th game of the playoffs and Sid's number might be a bad sign for Detroit fans? ugh, I hope the Pens don't win 🇬🇬

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
87 will score 71 seconds in...

Wink

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And 71... he always scores...

GAME DAY: SCP '09, FRIDAY JUNE 12, STANLEY CUP FINAL--PITTSBURGH AT DETROIT, 800 PM ET - Page 2 Pbucket

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum