What video game are you playing?

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 53985
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: What video game are you playing?

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:43 pm

Mojo wrote:Good question. I have been going through some oldies but goodies recently. I have Doom 3 on my PC (damn that is a scary game) and Final Fantasy 8 on my PS2 (just started disc 3).

You're playing FF8 off the original PS1 disc in your PS2, right?

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:45 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
    ugh now I know what is coming lol, I am positively addicted to this game though and will stop at nothing to beat it completely, am hoping that includes the hardest mode (not going to promise that one right now though, will gauge that after beating it on the 2nd difficulty level)

You know...maybe I'll start that Wing Dang Doodle over again from the beginning. Dominate to the end and then kill it! I want to beat it, just not sure if I can right now - it's been a solid 2 months since I touched it.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:45 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
    Bass Destruction wrote:For some reason, I've got Russell Peters stuck in my head. Not all of it, just when he's doing the Indian accent of the guys standing at the bar saying: "Aren't we cooOOool!"

I am perfectly okay with my lack of coolness lol.

I don't give a Diddle either. People who don't play have added levels of stress. It's a proven fact.

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5649
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:46 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:As I get older (Ahhhhh!), I find it more and more enjoyable to play something that's a) simple and b) you know.

So, I always tend to play the Dung out of the EA NHL games for the PS2. Like, I'm talking, I've finished the dynasty. I don't know how many years that is, but I diddling love to try to break records, trade, acquire picks, draft, upgrade, strip my team down, build it up again. It doesn't get old to me.

Sometimes I take other teams, but usually I go back to the Sens. I mean...why would I take the Coyotes, when I can just acquire the entire team for the Sens? Shrug

Like SF71, I got to the end of God of War and couldn't do it. Now, I'm not saying that I can't do it, I'm saying that it'll require and afternoon of working at it until I can possibly get through it. So, that's queued for me whenever I get the courage up.

I'm 3/4 of the way through God of War 2, but I put it down for some reason. I'll have to go back to it.

I recently got the Hitman box set for the PS2 and the Metal Gear Solid box. I plan on playing the Dung out of those. I just got DOA2 for the PS2 for like 4 bucks. And if you've ever played that game - it's the Dung!

Also, check out Grandia III for the PS2, if you like role-playing.

However - and I can't stress this enough - no gaming experience is complete without the Final Fantasy series.

I finished the 7th one, the 8th, never finished 9, LOVED 10, LOVED 10-2, LOVED 12. These are diddling awe-inspiring, epic, sexy, great stories. I'm about to go back and finish each one over again. If you haven't played them - get your arse out there and get them.

you are not missing much with 9 in my opinion, I didn't really care for it, was the least inspiring story, fighting system, and characters of all that I have played. I have seen the trailers for the two FF 13's, the main one and Versus, and both are awe inspiring and blow the old ones out of the water from what I have very limited seen.
    Milkman
    Prospect
    Prospect

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2009-06-16

Post by Milkman on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:47 pm

Unfortunately I only have PS2 Sad . NHL 09 and Kill Zone are I have Been playing, but Gran Tourismo never seems to get old.
    Mojo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 498
    Registration date : 2008-08-28

Post by Mojo on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:48 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
    Mojo wrote:Good question. I have been going through some oldies but goodies recently. I have Doom 3 on my PC (damn that is a scary game) and Final Fantasy 8 on my PS2 (just started disc 3).

Yes sir, my PS1 went dead a while ago. I only really bought the Play Station (1 and 2) for this series. I have always been a Nintendo man though.

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:49 pm

Milkman wrote:Unfortunately I only have PS2 Sad . NHL 09 and Kill Zone are I have Been playing, but Gran Tourismo never seems to get old.

I feel your pain, I am also one that hasn't gotten a better console yet, be it the Wii or the PS3, not an X-box supporter, so won't mention them Laughing3
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:49 pm

Mojo wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:

Yes sir, my PS1 went dead a while ago. I only really bought the Play Station (1 and 2) for this series. I have always been a Nintendo man though.

Okay....Diddle, I thought I missed a re-release on the PS2. :^^^^:
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Milkman wrote:Unfortunately I only have PS2 Sad . NHL 09 and Kill Zone are I have Been playing, but Gran Tourismo never seems to get old.

Hmmm, I bought that Kill Zone a long, long time ago and now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever cracked it open.
    Mojo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Mojo on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:50 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:As I get older (Ahhhhh!), I find it more and more enjoyable to play something that's a) simple and b) you know.

So, I always tend to play the Dung out of the EA NHL games for the PS2. Like, I'm talking, I've finished the dynasty. I don't know how many years that is, but I diddling love to try to break records, trade, acquire picks, draft, upgrade, strip my team down, build it up again. It doesn't get old to me.

Sometimes I take other teams, but usually I go back to the Sens. I mean...why would I take the Coyotes, when I can just acquire the entire team for the Sens? Shrug

Like SF71, I got to the end of God of War and couldn't do it. Now, I'm not saying that I can't do it, I'm saying that it'll require and afternoon of working at it until I can possibly get through it. So, that's queued for me whenever I get the courage up.

I'm 3/4 of the way through God of War 2, but I put it down for some reason. I'll have to go back to it.

I recently got the Hitman box set for the PS2 and the Metal Gear Solid box. I plan on playing the Dung out of those. I just got DOA2 for the PS2 for like 4 bucks. And if you've ever played that game - it's the Dung!

Also, check out Grandia III for the PS2, if you like role-playing.

However - and I can't stress this enough - no gaming experience is complete without the Final Fantasy series.

I finished the 7th one, the 8th, never finished 9, LOVED 10, LOVED 10-2, LOVED 12. These are diddling awe-inspiring, epic, sexy, great stories. I'm about to go back and finish each one over again. If you haven't played them - get your arse out there and get them.

you are not missing much with 9 in my opinion, I didn't really care for it, was the least inspiring story, fighting system, and characters of all that I have played. I have seen the trailers for the two FF 13's, the main one and Versus, and both are awe inspiring and blow the old ones out of the water from what I have very limited seen.

I always really liked 9, I'm ready to play it once I beat 8. For me it was a great retro game. I hope they make another one that is more medieval in setting. 13 looks great, but it also looks to be the most futuristic ( more sci-fi than fantasy). I can't wai though, I'm sure it will be awesome.

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:50 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
    Mojo wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:

we wouldn't be so lucky, I would definitely be for a sequel to # 8, as long as Quistis is included :drooling: (now I have reached a new level of dorkdom)
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Also:

Check out "Black". Great game.
    Milkman
    Prospect
    Prospect

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2009-06-16

Post by Milkman on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:51 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:

Hmmm, I bought that Kill Zone a long, long time ago and now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever cracked it open.

Ya it took me a while to open mine too. Once ya get goin' it's pretty cool but nothing like COD or anything
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:52 pm

SensFan71 wrote:you are not missing much with 9 in my opinion, I didn't really care for it, was the least inspiring story, fighting system, and characters of all that I have played. I have seen the trailers for the two FF 13's, the main one and Versus, and both are awe inspiring and blow the old ones out of the water from what I have very limited seen.

Still - even a crappy FF game is better than 99.9% of other games.
    Mojo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Mojo on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:52 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
    Mojo wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:

It might get a re-release on the PS Network on the PS# since they have already released 7 again.

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:53 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:you are not missing much with 9 in my opinion, I didn't really care for it, was the least inspiring story, fighting system, and characters of all that I have played. I have seen the trailers for the two FF 13's, the main one and Versus, and both are awe inspiring and blow the old ones out of the water from what I have very limited seen.

Still - even a crappy FF game is better than 99.9% of other games.

true enough, I am really ashamed to admit, I haven't played FF 7, and I want to so bad, but would you think anyone would be wanting to see that game, I found some yes on e-bay, but well, I hate e-bay, so I tried Kijiji in my area, no bloody way, everyone wants to hold onto that game, which is more reason I want it, I know it has to be great.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:53 pm

Actually - check this one out if you like the hack and slash genre:

Champions of Norrath
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champions_of_Norrath

And the sequel is just as good: Return to Arms.

I finished those two in like a week. I was sooooo addicted.

Like a less stressful God of War.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:54 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
    true enough, I am really ashamed to admit, I haven't played FF 7, and I want to so bad, but would you think anyone would be wanting to see that game, I found some yes on e-bay, but well, I hate e-bay, so I tried Kijiji in my area, no bloody way, everyone wants to hold onto that game, which is more reason I want it, I know it has to be great.

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 23, 2017 8:29 am